January Wrestling Thread/Tonight Raw 8PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
WWE Raw preview (Jan. 6, 2020): For real though

135_RAW_12302019dog_3791__5af80831d097f2363e13ced01674f050.0.jpg
WWE.com
Team Red delivers the first show of the year from Oklahoma City.
The Headliner(s)
Madison Square Garden is WWE’s home court. Vince McMahon Sr.’s fed wasn’t referred to in the old days as the New York territory for nothing. There’s rumors the company will have more meaningful things happen on their house shows in 2020 as a way to drum up attendance at non-televised live events.
Both factors probably played a part in the decision to have Andrade win the United States championship at WWE’s annual after-Christmas show at The Garden. Another might be the frequent rumors that Vince Jr. and/or Paul Heyman love Andrade as much as Charlotte Flair does.
Is the long-promised Andrade push finally here?
If the company only gave the third generation wrestler his first title since leaving NXT because they were in the World’s Most Famous Arena, or because they want to sell tickets to more shows in less famous arenas elsewhere, then they can have him drop it back to Rey Mysterio tonight. Humberto Carrillo hasn’t been seen since El Ídolo DDT-ed him onto some concrete a few weeks back, and should be looking for revenge. Costing him the belt he just won would be good payback, and reignite their feud.
It would also be a sign the elusive Andrade push is not yet upon us. At least not in a way that’s satisfying for fans who want to see him in the main event scene some day.
But, if he wins - an especially if he wins clean? He’s moving up card. He’ll still need to deal with an angry Carrillo, hopefully in a way that leaves them both better positioned for the future.
And if Rey loses his rematch, maybe he can resume his story with...
The title scene
WWE titleholder Brock Lesnar, who’s back tonight to start setting up his next match. The Beast beat Mysterio at Survivor Series, and there’s nothing really lined up for him at Royal Rumble. He dealt definitively with Rey & Rey’s son Dominick at the November PPV. But it was a fun match and feud, and WWE could do worse than running it back.

The O.C.’s gotten the better of Raw Tag champs The Viking Raiders a few times of late. Street Profits seem to have Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows number. So it’s Triple Threat time tonight. Lots of potential here, for everything but hopes that WWE will ever feature the tag division in any differently than they have for the last 20 years.
Becky Lynch is selling the hell out of her upcoming Raw Women’s championship defense against Asuka at Royal Rumble. Tapping to The Empress at last year’s Rumble is the one blemish on The Man’s resume. Their war has mostly been “of words” the past few weeks. We’ll see if that changes tonight.
As for the belt Asuka currently carries, it’s probably on the shelf for the duration of her feud with Bex... which works out just fine since here fellow Women’s Tag Team champion Kairi Sane is still healing up from injuries sustained at TLC.
The 24/7 title champion will never go on the shelf. Well, at least not until R-Truth retires. And that won’t happen until he gets to wrestle his childhood hero John Cena at WrestleMania, so I think we’re safe.
Other stuff to keep an eye on
- Raw had the first entrant in this year’s women’s Rumble match when Charlotte declared last week. They’re gonna need a few more than that, though. Some men to join SmackDown’s Roman Reigns in the other battle royal for a WrestleMania title shot would be good, too.
- Kevin Owens & Samoa Joe have formed an alliance against Seth Rollins & AOP. It’s worked out well so far, and they’re both faces now, but... I’d counsel both guys to not turn their back on their new partner.
- Last week, Randy Orton hit AJ Styles with an elaborate RKO out of nowhere, and Aleister Black made his series with Buddy Murphy 2 - 0 in his favor. We’ll see if either of these feuds are really done tonight.
- Drew McIntyre’s beating people up, and Erick Rowan is beating people up while carrying a small friend around in a cage.
- Oh yeah. Liv Morgan maybe used to be in love with Lana, who is now kayfabe married to Bobby Lashley? It was hard to tell with all the objections and stuff like Lana’s ex Rusev jumping out of a cake to punch Bobby. Whatever they do tonight will be one of the most watched YouTube clips from the show.
Three weeks until Royal Rumble!
What will you be looking for on Raw tonight?

Last edited:
Lance Archer Jon Moxley
Lance Archer vs. Jon Moxley
New Japan Pro-Wrestling’s IWGP United States Champion Lance Archer has shared his unsettling intentions with Jon Moxley ahead of their championship clash at this weekend’s Wrestle Kingdom 14 event.
In a video uploaded to NJPW’s YouTube account, Archer discussed their forthcoming Texas Death Match in front of a fire pit, his precious championship belt next to him as he burns an image of Moxley in the flames.

“Jon Moxley…You Will Die”
Lance Archer told Moxley, “Let me tell you a story about a lunatic who thought he could try to be strong style. He left his safe little cage, he left his friends, he left the protection of a shield, but that shield of protection is gone.”
Archer continued, “I’m talking about Jon Moxley. You lost something because you couldn’t show up to Japan. A little wind scared you away, and it was in my favor.”
“Now let me tell you about me. The Murderhawk Monster. The one you should be afraid of. The one that you shouldn’t underestimate because I’ve been coming up for eight and a half years and this is my time, and not you or anybody else—no little s***—is going to come in and take my title.”
He continued, “In this Texas Death Match, I don’t have to pin you, I just have to hurt you, so you never get up again. I’m going to do to you what your friends say they’re going to do: I’m going to set you ablaze; I’m going to burn you to the ground. I’m going to make you wish that you never showed up in New Japan Pro-Wrestling. […] I don’t care who you think you are. I don’t care if you think you’re a lunatic. I don’t care how crazy your fans think you can be. You’re not me. Jon Moxley, you will die…because everybody dies.”
Lance Archer Championship Victory
Moxley was initially stripped of the IWGP United States Championship after he was unable to attend last October’s King of Pro-Wrestling show due to Typhoon Hagibis. Lance Archer defeated Juice Robinson that night to claim the vacated title. Since then, Moxley issued his challenge to Archer for the championship.
Wrestle Kingdom 14 takes place this weekend on 1/4 and 1/5 from the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan. Archer and Moxley will clash in a Texas Death Match on Night One.

Jushin Liger on whether he will lose mask following retirement match
Jushin Thunder Liger

Jushin Liger was recently unmasked. However, instead of showing his face, he became Kishin Liger for the fourth time in his long, illustrious career. His final match will be taking place at Wrestle Kingdom 14 this year. With that, fans wonder if he will be losing his mask for real.
Liger was interviewed by Tokyo Sports, where he revealed that Go Nagai, who the creator of the original Jushin Liger TV show, told him he can keep wearing the mask, even if he is retired.
“If you wear a mask even if you retire, it’s okay to take the name Liger.”
Fans will certainly be glad to see the legend wear his mask even after he officially retires from in-ring action. Perhaps he will return to be part of the commentary team.

Jushin Liger on whether he will lose mask following retirement match
Jushin Thunder Liger

Jushin Liger was recently unmasked. However, instead of showing his face, he became Kishin Liger for the fourth time in his long, illustrious career. His final match will be taking place at Wrestle Kingdom 14 this year. With that, fans wonder if he will be losing his mask for real.
Liger was interviewed by Tokyo Sports, where he revealed that Go Nagai, who the creator of the original Jushin Liger TV show, told him he can keep wearing the mask, even if he is retired.

Fans will certainly be glad to see the legend wear his mask even after he officially retires from in-ring action. Perhaps he will return to be part of the commentary team.
I watched the match vs Rey Mysterio at Starrcade 96. Can’t believe he had just had a brain tumor removed 2 months earlier! He was looking jacked in good shape.

Csonka’s AEW Dynamite Review 1.01.20

OFFICIAL RESULTS

– Cody defeated Darby Allin @ 17:25 via pin [***¾]
AEW Women’s Title Match: Champion Riho defeated Nyla Rose, Britt Baker, & Hikaru Shida @ 10:10 via pin [***½]
– Jon Moxley defeated Trent @ 11:00 via pin [***½]
– Sammy Guevara defeated Dustin Rhodes @ 11:10 via pin [**¾]
– The Elite defeated The Lucha Brothers & Pac @ 13:30 via pin [***¾]

Csonka’s AEW Dynamite Review 1.01.20

OFFICIAL RESULTS

– Cody defeated Darby Allin @ 17:25 via pin [***¾]
AEW Women’s Title Match: Champion Riho defeated Nyla Rose, Britt Baker, & Hikaru Shida @ 10:10 via pin [***½]
– Jon Moxley defeated Trent @ 11:00 via pin [***½]
– Sammy Guevara defeated Dustin Rhodes @ 11:10 via pin [**¾]
– The Elite defeated The Lucha Brothers & Pac @ 13:30 via pin [***¾]

Larry Csonka reviews made it to NTWT :wow:

Peep Game Peep Game

I would’ve but I thought your loyalty was with the other thread, plus I thought you said we ain’t brothers no more. :frown:
Are we brothers or not ? My heart can’t take IT no more.....:frown:

ima part-timer so i go whereever the money at :nthat: :nthat:

Of course we bros. You may have betrayed me to help Meangene45 Meangene45 win my belts but im stuck with you either way :smile:

(I was a better champion than him anyway :nerd:>D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom