Jason Bay to the Mets

dacomeup

Supporter
Per SI.COM

eek.gif
smh.gif

Damn they got Bay? Bad Holliday Week for Met fans coming up

At least they didn't cave and give him a 5th year.

4 years @ $66 million

Matt Holliday should just re-sign with the Cards.

^^You must be referring to Kelvim Escobar. He was good when healthy, however he has not pitched in awhile and has had shoulder, elbow and arm issues. He willget worked out of the pen, the question is how long until he gets re-injured.

O.K.
glasses.gif

But do ya like this pitcher that we just got. Forgot his name off top...

He was out the L for like a year or 2. Was good when he played, but got injured, think he going to work out in the pen?

smh.gif
Was thinking he would be a non-issue and wouldn't really help.

Minaya loves him some Spanish baseball players boy.
laugh.gif

I'm spanish....
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

It was going to be either Bay or Holliday, so....

Good job not caving on that 5th year. I always preferred Bay over Matt since he is more of a pull hitter and would be better suited for Citi Field.

He says free-agent C Bengie Molina is still holding out for a guaranteed, three-year deal, but the Mets have so far only offered a one-year contract with a vesting option

ROFL @ thinking his fat %+! will get 3 years guaranteed, 2 years is already a gift offer.

What's this obsession Minaya has with Bengie?

I don't see anything special. A slightly better Castro?

WFAN's Mike Francesa says the Mets will announce the signing of free-agent OF Jason Bay early next week, assuming all goes well with his physical.

…like i said earlier, from what i can gather, the deal will likely be for four years, and around $16.5 million…

…so, i guess that's the news the team is hoping to break soon after the New Year, like i alluded to in the previous post…

He says free-agent C Bengie Molina is still holding out for a guaranteed, three-year deal, but the Mets have so far only offered a one-year contract with avesting option.

I'm happy but now we have to address 2nd base and pitching. hopefully this isn't it for the offseason

Dude will rake homeruns to left field he pulls everything, its right field where its difficult to knock em out.

You want Schneider catchin' son? Guy can at least hit.

eyes.gif
....Now they get a left fielder....

Lemme guess...next offseason theyre gonna get a good #2 starting pitcher...
smh.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Dude will rake homeruns to left field he pulls everything, its right field where its difficult to knock em out.

Nah, Schneider can eat a....

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Schneider is a Phillie now, no?

Yup Schneider is in the phillies so Bengie has to be the guy. Bay pick up is good but his numbers will be down no doubt. I just hope he can field at citi. Wright, Bay, Beltran, Jeff decent NL lineup right there

Back
Top Bottom