Jay Electronica Says NY Ni***s Jacked South's Slang

Jay Electronica & Dj Kay Slay Sound Off On N.Y. Vs South: Jay Says NY Ni***s Jacked South's Slang "Alot Of NY Sh*t Been Wack" & Jae Millz Co-Signs + On Almost Fighting RZA + Drops South Rappers Name That Will Burn Any NY Rapper + Kay Slay Responds

preposterous..... NYC has had its own slang word to all da blaxplotation movies from da 60's-70's....

laugh.gif

Can anyone explain to me Jay Electronica's appeal? I mean he has flow, but I am yet to hear a bar or song by this dude that made me say "wow dude is talented". He sounds like any barber shop rapper minus the gimmicks. Lets be real, this 33 yr old dude is not the future of hip hop.

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

Can anyone explain to me Jay Electronica's appeal? I mean he has flow, but I am yet to hear a bar or song by this dude that made me say "wow dude is talented". He sounds like any barber shop rapper minus the gimmicks. Lets be real, this 33 yr old dude is not the future of hip hop.
i guess he's one of those guys where you either appreciate what he brings to the table or you don't.  if you've actually listened to Jay Elec and you don't see how he is talented then i don't know what to say.

edit: LOL at NY has had its own slang, so has every region in America. way to blatantly dodge the accusation.
laugh.gif

what does NY cats say that southern dudes do? let me know cause if anything cats down south say/wear %$#@ we was 10 years ago

He doing a lot of reaching. I dig dudes music but he is a douche. I remember I got into an e-argument with son one time in a chat and dude started talkin tough
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

what does NY cats say that southern dudes do? let me know cause if anything cats down south say/wear %$#@ we was 10 years ago

this. people up north could give a #%+$ about the south. it's the south that always wants to hate just cause we move down there for the warm weather

No really, what specific words is he talking about.

Ive been wonderin since i heard it.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

this. people up north could give a #%+$ about the south. it's the south that always wants to hate just cause we move down there for the warm weather
Word to rockin Polo. I mean come on ralph lauren is from the Bronx he went to baruch college. I remember my uncle gettin stabbed up for his bear knit in 96 polo back in the day used to be only for the flashy dudes out here gettin money. These south dudes dont understand this whole %$#@ has been done before by NY cats a looong time ago

Kay Slay made some good points towards the end. Dude bringing up all this old ++%% about the past, trying to throw NY under the bus. You on now doggie, who cares? Just make music and keep it moving.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Shouts to J. Cole.

j.cole weighed in on this topic?

Nah but if you think about it...both of them dudes have similar Hip-Hop stories.

Both left the South and came to New York searching for opportunities in the genre. Both found it with the help and support of NY'ers.

Check how respectful, composed and bout his business J. Cole is...peep how reckless, disrespectful and slow to put out work Electronica is.

Seen this dude on Ustream acting like a drunk d-bag at a frat party, since then I started looking at him in a different light. For all the conscious talk he spewing, its obvious he ain't master his high yet. He meditating in his videos but so quick to spit out heated darts, rooted in his own core issues, that his words tripping over each other. His actions been far from right and exact...wise and civilized. For all the love we been showing him in all forms and facets, he been doing us and the game dirty with all this BS he constantly stirring up. This stuff been past dead. Let's hypothetically say that NY did borrow some slang terms from the South 10 years ago, how much stuff have people borrowed from the Town? Everything we do is co-opted into the larger Hip-Hop community, thats not no chest poking out...just look at the whole Harlem swag movement and how dudes took it as theirs as a recent example.

Ok we borrowed some slang (still don't know what slang he talking bout)...he aired out his feelings artistically..cool. Now he getting super aggressive in interviews acting like he in our midst ho'in us? Come on sun...the city welcomed you with open arms....now you overseas talking like you kicked in our doors, pillaged our local culture and roaring like a victorious lion (literally).

Real, real, corny s_.

Back
Top Bottom