Jay plans to drop an acappella version for "American Gangster"

flydaily

Banned
[h4]Monday - November 19, 2007 by Janeé Bolden[/h4]
jay_z_100x100_01.jpg

Jay-Z recently announced plans to drop an a cappella version of his American Gangsteralbum.

The instrumental free American Gangster will be available on Hov's born day - December 4 - the same date as releases fromGhostface Killa, Wyclef Jean and DJ Drama.

Hov previously released an a cappella version of 2003's The Black Album which eventually helped launch Gnarls Barkley producer Danger Mouse into thespotlight.

Danger Mouse was among a number of DJ's and producers to use the acappella for a mashup - his project The Grey Album setJigga's vocals over unauthorized samples from The Beatles.

The a cappella version of The Black Album spawned numerous remix albums, including Hov's collaboration withLinkin Park for Collision Course, the Mike Shinoda-produced set that remains the only Black Album remix toget an official stamp of approval from Jay-Z.

It's still too early to guess how producers and DJ's will put the American Gangster acappella's to use, but withDecember 4 right around the corner time will soon tell.

Link: http://sohh.com/articles/article.php/13037

honestly i think this is dope because i know DJ's will make some dope concept albums with his lyrics....sorta how 9th and danger mouse did with theblack album

I literally just
eek.gif

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
*cough*Beat Battle to end all beat Battles*cough*

Or I could just wreck that album and get notoriety
tongue.gif

THIS IS MY CHANCE !!!
eek.gif

lookout for a remix soon..i got an idea and everything

This guy
smh.gif

Dude really tryin to make ppl forget KC, where are those acapellas????????????

AG is fine the way it is, altho props to anyone who can make Hello Brooklyn listenable

^i dont understand the animosity
this is a good thing.

i guarantee somebody is gonna kill blue magic 10x iller.

Wonder if Danger Mouse is gonna come to with heat again. If the production is done even more correctly with the acappellas the album will be even moreappreciated.

There's NO WAY anybody is gonna make Say Hello iller than it already is in its current form.
laugh.gif

THANKS HOV! i need to sample a lot of +%%! he said...lol

i aint made a remix in almost a year... might have to see whats good...

^Exactly. When the Black Album Acapellas first came out I didn't know how adjust tempos
laugh.gif
. But to every producer in here do you realize how difficultthis might be. Tryna flip tracks like "Party Life", good luck to all tho. YES! I AM EXCITED!

That's quite swell of him
laugh.gif

Now we're gonna be hearing all types of crappy Fruity Loop'ers making their own AG's.

Wow.

Cats need to push their album back to next year.

Hov ain't trying to let no one else shine.

9th is gonna do damage.

Originally Posted by ImmaGetMine

its hard to remix jay cuz he raps off beat but not... like he dont rap off the snare
Worrrrd.
laugh.gif

I can't even remix anything with him. I get too frustrated. Like, "This mother%%@@#@*... Why can't you stay on pace..."

Originally Posted by TheAndrea3000

NT remix album?
A cool idea would be for individual NT producers to handle each track, if we have enough people.

Like, each track is produced by a different person.

I got dibs on "Blue Magic," if anyone likes that idea...
laugh.gif
That track needs to be much better.

A cool idea would be for individual NT producers to handle each track, if we have enough people.

did you get on the blueprint NT remix album, I don't remember?...but same concept though, it would be cool to do it again.

I think he should've done a KC acapella album too, people would appreciate the lyrics on there more

Someone needs to cut up that Across 110th street from the soundtrack and turn it into a beat with Jay on it.

Back
Top Bottom