Jay-Z launching record label with Apple...seems official y'all!

Originally Posted by The Jersey Shirt

^thats exactly what I'm thinking, and Jay and whoever does roll with him have a huge advantage if it does succeed, because they can likely stake a greater claim of profits from those downloads because it cuts out the middle man in that process who was apple. I would assume an artist on that label would be able to keep a larger portion of their profits because they don't have to crack sales checks with their label who then cracks a check with aplle for the itunes service.

the thing that will really determine the success of the project will be if the new company can effectively promote the music while continuing to develop and advance the specialized distribution method they basically invented. I think their is a great deal of potential in the plan as well because it allows the business to weed out the numerous under-skilled, over-hyped individuals that work for most records companys. After interning a bunch of years ago its easy for me to see thats I'd rather have a bunch of computer company type nerds working on how to advance my business and increase my sales rather then these walking gaffs that just sit in an office all day calling radio stations begging for more spins.

wel'l see
but jersey shirt, cats still wouldnt wanna pay for downloads. all it takes is one person to get the tunes and upload right? also hard copy real cds idunno, everybody dont want music like that its all interesting. i dont think its gonna help artist as much as yall think.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Can someone explain what Jay Z leaving Def Jam means for the future of Roc A Fella? Is he still in control of that or, are those artists still under Def Jam?
i wanna know too, say somebody like Tru Life, album aint even drop. wth does he do/this effect him?

That wack n on roc la familia

could be BIG- they talked about it awhile back...something like a digital record label...

lurkin i agree, thats like an inevitability, like its o different from now. the key to the equation is stopppnig that

Originally Posted by B Rad Glockman

YESSSSSSSSSSSS just what the industry needs. Another major label that passes up good artists to sign average artists, and leave them on the shelf with no promotion. YAY! I think this is a perfect move since Jay did so excellent at Def Jam. Say what you want but this "business savy" is played out sorry. But more power to him dude is making bank.
ohwell.gif

i understand people dont like him as a label head cuz he does what one is supposed to do... bring in artists that MAKE MONEY... this is a business... why wastepromotion money on freeway? beans? them dudes aint bout to sell... jeezy sells... get over it... soundin like broads and #%!#... go listen to some backpackerrap... go find some ol rawkus #%!#...

I'm certain if apple starts a record label it wont be the record label you guys are use to. They're banking off downloads. I bet this will be the beginning of a new age in music.

I think you're right. I read back in March of 07 that Jay was starting a dital label. If this is what they were talking about, thenhe's definitely getting dough off downloads. Sounds smart to me.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom