[| -- Jay-Z & Mary J Blige: The 2008 "Heart Of The City" Tour -- |]

Thought guests like Nas, Lil' Kim, Freeway, Fabolous etc would have made appearances for the NY show.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Thought guests like Nas, Lil' Kim, Freeway, Fabolous etc would have made appearances for the NY show.

word.

wont no guest period be at the CT show tonight
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I forgot to mention how Jay put this one chick on blast during the "Excuse Me Miss"... You know how he had the crowd two stepping swaying back in forth, so he goes

"Hol on Ma, You Goin The Wrong Way... WAIT WAIT EVERYBODY STOP... OK JUST YOU OK Ma! *Starts moving with her* OK NOW EVERYBODY BACK TO IT"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

He pulled that same stunt at the Palace

I went to the show last night. It was pretty good, i've seen better jay shows though. I was a little disappointed in his set list. the live band was ok.place went nuts when beyonce came out. puffy came out and helped him with encore. swizzy came out at the end too.

CAUTION: LONG READ

***I'm a day late on posting this***����

So last night, May 6, the misses and I went to the Jay-Z/Mary J. Blige "Heart Of The City" concert. Showtime was 7:30 but of course the show startedlate. 8:06 was when The Dream came on and opened the show. He had a closed curtain background and 4 backup dancers. He started off with "Shorty Is The#*#+" then the beat for Low by Flo-Rida dropped and the chorus played then The Dream went into his new single, "%%$! Your Man" and ended his setof with "Falsetto". When he was done he went through a list of his resume for those who didn't know who he was or what he had written for otherartist. He left the stage and a clock counting down from 15 minutes appeared on the screen indicating a brief intermission before the headliners graced thestage.

The 15 minutes were up, the lights dropped and on the screen appeared Jay-Z and Mary J talking about one an other's career's. The curtains opened andJay-Z and Mary J went into "Can't Knock The Hustle". Jay left the stage and Mary continued on performing songs from her early days and morerecent days. The highlight of Mary's set was when she performed "Real Love" and "All I Need". Jay-Z came out to do Biggie's remixverse on "Real Love" and Wu-Tang Clan's Method Man came out to perform "All I Need". Method Man's crowed response was incredible.Mary's set ended with songs, "Not Gonna Cry", "Family Affair", "Be Without You", and "Just Fine". Through her show,the crowed stood for songs that they knew and sat on songs that were not radio singles. It shocked me to see that most people didn't know the album cutswhen a lot of females proclaim to be die hard MJB fans but that's a whole other topic.

Right after Mary's set Jay-Z appears at the top of the stage and started off with "American Gangster's" "Say Hello". He then wentinto portions of "Hello Brooklyn" as well as another song that skips my mind at this time. "Roc Boyz" got the crowed going as Jay-Zproceeded to go through his catalogue. Jay-Z then calls for Memphis Bleek and side by side the perform "U Don't Know" and a few other songs.Bleek then leaves the stage and Jay continues. Jay-Z goes into "Blue Magic" and and when the the line in the songs says "%%$! Bush!" apicture of the president appears on the screen. Jay then goes into an a capella version of "Minority Report" with images from Hurricane Katrina'saftermath on the screen. Jay-Z asks the crowed if they're ready for a change and a picture of Barak Obama is shown on the screen. Jay-Z disappears andreturns at the top of the stage with Mary J by his say and they perform "Song Cry" and "Heart Of The City". Jay then leaves Mary on thestage to perform another song by herself and she leaves the stage. Jay-Z comes back out tells the crowed that he has a few more songs to do and asks the crowedwhat should he do next. He goes to where the DJ is stationed and starts playing clips of his songs (See video for footage). While going through the songs hecomes to Beyonce's "Crazy In Love", plays the song then cuts it off and says, "no disrespect B but %%$! that one too." Beyonce comesfrom the side of the stage, Jay plays the song as Beyonce walks across the stage, stops, does her "huh-oh" dance then walks off the stage. Jay-Zcontinues his set with "Big Pimpin" and finishes off with "Encore" and exits the stage. The crowed starts to chant "Hova","Hova", "Hova". The stage lights go down and Jay-Z and Mary J. Blige returns and does their new song "You're Welcome". Theythank the crowed and as they walk off in uni sense they yell "Sweeeeet".

Overall the show was good but I've seen Jay do better performances and include more people in his set.

Yeah the concert last night was real dope. Mary really put it down for real. I'm not really a Jay-Z fan but I have to respect how dude puts on a show.
I had a great time and what better place to have a concert then MSG. I too was hoping for some more guest to come thru. But all in all it was fresh.

i was just glad to see hova live....now if i could only see BIG in concert live, i would be able to die in peace...BTW chicks were in abundance all damnnight!!! chicks were hollering at every food stand i went to...i had a BALL!!!

tell me about it...
when jay throw up the video with BIG talking it, the crowd was just looking and smiling ear to ear!!!! i just screamed out "BIG!!!!!", i dont evenknow where it came from, but i felt i had to do it....love the dude, made me proud to be from brooklyn

Back
Top Bottom