Jay-Z Reveals He Will Be A Free Agent After His Next Album, Says Lil Wayne 'Got Next'

Originally Posted by Mickey Moss

No I'm not included....I don't fit in that NT virginified mold....

Stop trying to act like what I aint say aint fact neither....

Stop hating on a ninja.....that could pipe ya girl...ya dig?

N_ you over here talkin bout how much (()) the next man get n then gonna say you aint included you smashin shorties at da age of 13 too? How do you evenkno that about Wayne?
laugh.gif
Thats some weird issh to say Bringing up somenext shhh that dont got nothing to do with how trash he is as a rapper. Hop off man Nah you n Wayne probably into that ol fairy type of Nsgetcha McGreevey on I aint even hatin on you

smokin.gif

Son he's right about Wayne.

I wasn't the biggest fan, but I started listening and Wayne was alright.

I'm not saying he is be all end all, but he is entertaining sometimes and to an extent.

Sometimes I want to listen to songs and artists that'll make me think, like NaS.

Sometimes I want to listen to songs and artists that'll make me laugh, like Eminem or Redman.

Sometimes I want to listen to old favorites and the GOAT (to me at least) Big.

Sometimes someone influencial, like Tupac.

About shooting and killing ninja's, like 50, G-Unit, D-Block.

And sometimes I want to be entertained with music so I'll listen to Wayne.

What I'm saying is that if there was only one type of music it would be wack.

You need variety in your music.

I'll admit the only reason I started listening to Wayne was because of you guys, same with giving Buddens another go around.

When I hear someone say that person is the GOAT this or that I let them be because that is how they feel. They could be saying D4L or they could say NaS, butthat is how they interpret the music and maybe they relate to it in a way that I don't. But, when all is said and done Biggie is/was/always will be thebest hands down, to me at least.

Respect other peoples opinions.

Lil Wayne....is that dude...plain and simple..

Lil Wayne has run through more pus when he was 13 than some of you dudes have in your whole life....and thats pathetic...
smh.gif

let me just
smh.gif
again

and
smh.gif
again

and
smh.gif
again

and with that said

Lil Wayne > Biggie, Pac, Em, Jay, and Nas
nuff said.

its funny to see yall cry when jigga says lil' wayne got next.....i mean face it everyone of yalls favorite rappers like lupe,kanye,jayz,etc,etc believethis dude nice, so just face the fact that Lil' wayne aint going nowhere anytime soon

Big ups to wayne to getting where he is now in his carreer!!

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

we all know the next greatest rapper is gonna be Mr. Two Gun Un.

i dont know about yall, but Lil Wayne never made my speakers do the wop, or my rims do the macarena. what is wrong with this!@@$*! Jay these days.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
yeabut wayne >> lupe

A lot of hate I see. Sometimes I think about the stuff wayne says that yall complain aboutif yall favorite rappers said some of the stuff he said yall wouldpraise that rapper if jay saud some of the stuff wayne said yall would be deep throating this guy just keep it 100 yall dont like the guy aint nothin wrongwith that. Jay is right the carter 3 is going to be big who else is going to be better and dont try to come up with a list because so far yall favorite rappershave bricked except for Jay, Kanye, and 50. Imo the carter 2 was a classic I bet when it came out yall was all over it like dogg

Wayne has absolutely no flow. People need to learn the difference between flow and delivery. Wayne's greatness comes from his delivery. Dude says stupid*$%% in a manner that makes you think its hot...

"Can't you tell, I'm in love woman/With that otha woman/Oh, I'm sweetheart/I thought you was my otha woman"

I won't pretend like I know what dude's referring to, but its a dumb line. The way he said it, had people reacting like it was one of the greatestlines ever.

His lyrics are average. His punchlines flirt with genius and utter stupidity. His flow is non-existent. It's amazing though because he gets away with justtalking. His albums are just average. He makes 0 concept songs. The Carter II was a mixtape. He needs structure on his albums. This is not hate, just my honestcritique of dude. For an emcee who calls himself the best rapper alive, he has some glaring flaws. His delivery however is exceptional. If he polishedeverything else, he might indeed be "next". Whatever that is suppose to mean.

Originally Posted by B Rad Glockman

Lil Wayne....is that dude...plain and simple..

Lil Wayne has run through more pus when he was 13 than some of you dudes have in your whole life....and thats pathetic...
smh.gif

let me just
smh.gif
again

and
smh.gif
again

and
smh.gif
again

and with that said

Lil Wayne > Biggie, Pac, Em, Jay, and Nas
nuff said.
Possibly the dumbest thing ever said on NT music forum

Wayne has absolutely no flow. People need to learn the difference between flow and delivery. Wayne's greatness comes from his delivery. Dude says stupid *$%% in a manner that makes you think its hot...

"Can't you tell, I'm in love woman/With that otha woman/Oh, I'm sweetheart/I thought you was my otha woman"

I won't pretend like I know what dude's referring to, but its a dumb line. The way he said it, had people reacting like it was one of the greatest lines ever.

His lyrics are average. His punchlines flirt with genius and utter stupidity. His flow is non-existent. It's amazing though because he gets away with just talking. His albums are just average. He makes 0 concept songs. The Carter II was a mixtape. He needs structure on his albums. This is not hate, just my honest critique of dude. For an emcee who calls himself the best rapper alive, he has some glaring flaws. His delivery however is exceptional. If he polished everything else, he might indeed be "next". Whatever that is suppose to mean.
????????????????????? define flow. give examples of artists that have good flow and bad flow cuz you soundin real silly to me. maybe I'vebeen confused this whole time, but tell me what flow is to you.

sidenote, I agree with him being hot/cold lyrically/punchlines, but I think his flow and delivery are what sets him apart. matter fact, as I'm sittin herethinkin of some of his tracks you gone have to come wit a real strong case on how his flow aint hands down the best part of what he does. and for the record,I consider flow...with lack of a better explanation...how you ride a beat

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

????????????????????? define flow. give examples of artists that have good flow and bad flow cuz you soundin real silly to me. maybe I've been confused this whole time, but tell me what flow is to you.

sidenote, I agree with him being hot/cold lyrically/punchlines, but I think his flow and delivery are what sets him apart. matter fact, as I'm sittin here thinkin of some of his tracks you gone have to come wit a real strong case on how his flow aint hands down the best part of what he does. and for the record, I consider flow...with lack of a better explanation...how you ride a beat

Silly? Allow me to retort.

Delivery is about mic presence. It's how you say your rhymes. Your pitch of voice and tone. Are you speaking in a charismatic manner or are you justmonotone... A prime example would be Wayne on the Rockstar remix. He has NO Flow on this song. It comes across as if he's just talking. The way he spitshis bars though is in a childish tone to draw your attention[i.e. i'm heartless and iced out you see/I have an icebox where my hear usta...bhee" Thinkback to how he said "use to be" and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

My definition of flow is harmonizing. How in sync with the beat you are and how many words or syllables you fit into a specific bar and keep that range going.Jay-Z has one of the best flows ever because he just stays in sync with the beat. It seems as if he wrote the beat to go with his bars. "Jigga What JiggaWho", or "Hovie Baby"... Pusha T is another great artist with an incredible flow. He fits into that category where he marries words with thebeat. Like you could hear the acapella and create a beat to go perfectly with his words. Young Joc(although a terrible MC) gets away with saying pure garbagebecause he has a great flow.(Buy me a drink). Nas on It Was Written was one of the best examples of an emcee fusing flow and lyricism together. He did it withbarely pausing either.

I think the reason why people get flow and delivery mixed up is because rappers use the term "flow" in an ambiguous manner. "I got the bestflow". They usually refer to their style of spitting, but flow can be broken down to a science.

Now I think we can break Wayne's career down into two time period. The Pre-Carter era and The Carter Era(previously named the Gillie era). During thePre-Carter era he actually did have a flow. However, it wasn't even the best in his squad so it didn't stand out and his southern drawl made his lyricsdifficult to decipher. The Carter was the peak of his flow. GO DJ was the absolute peak of son's flow.

"A veteran/I'm better than/All the names"

He finally understood the pauses that was necessary though to make his lyrics understandable, and that made his flow that much better. I think we can thankGillie for that though, because that's an East Coast thing. I think even Wayne has to admit Gillie schooled him on how to actually flow like a an EastCoast MC. The line I caught where I knew he was getting help from Gillie was the Bring it Back song.

"Fast like Tom Petty/Y'all just petty.....(pause)..../ 82' I was born ready"...
He actually had one of the top 5 flows of 2004. Since then, his flow has just gone from stagnate to non-existent. He sounds like he'sjust talking and rambling and then he sometimes go into a childish delivery(Takin Over)... I could explain more, but you should get the point, but you if youknow ab out emceeing, you should get the point. Slick Rick mastered the flow!

Honestly, if Wayne brings that Carter flow back and fuses it with his delivery, he could very well be next because he's talented. He just has to polishhimself.

wayne lyrics don't make him hot, agreed. its how he says it that makes it so appealing.
Agreed, just like Cam. Cam says some stuff that make u wonder what's goin on in his head but the way he says it makes it SEEM like a niceline.
laugh.gif

Silly? Allow me to retort.

Delivery is about mic presence. It's how you say your rhymes. Your pitch of voice and tone. Are you speaking in a charismatic manner or are you just monotone... A prime example would be Wayne on the Rockstar remix. He has NO Flow on this song. It comes across as if he's just talking. The way he spits his bars though is in a childish tone to draw your attention[i.e. i'm heartless and iced out you see/I have an icebox where my hear usta...bhee" Think back to how he said "use to be" and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

My definition of flow is harmonizing. How in sync with the beat you are and how many words or syllables you fit into a specific bar and keep that range going. Jay-Z has one of the best flows ever because he just stays in sync with the beat. It seems as if he wrote the beat to go with his bars. "Jigga What Jigga Who", or "Hovie Baby"... Pusha T is another great artist with an incredible flow. He fits into that category where he marries words with the beat. Like you could hear the acapella and create a beat to go perfectly with his words. Young Joc(although a terrible MC) gets away with saying pure garbage because he has a great flow.(Buy me a drink). Nas on It Was Written was one of the best examples of an emcee fusing flow and lyricism together. He did it with barely pausing either.

I think the reason why people get flow and delivery mixed up is because rappers use the term "flow" in an ambiguous manner. "I got the best flow". They usually refer to their style of spitting, but flow can be broken down to a science.

Now I think we can break Wayne's career down into two time period. The Pre-Carter era and The Carter Era(previously named the Gillie era). During the Pre-Carter era he actually did have a flow. However, it wasn't even the best in his squad so it didn't stand out and his southern drawl made his lyrics difficult to decipher. The Carter was the peak of his flow. GO DJ was the absolute peak of son's flow.

"A veteran/I'm better than/All the names"

He finally understood the pauses that was necessary though to make his lyrics understandable, and that made his flow that much better. I think we can thank Gillie for that though, because that's an East Coast thing. I think even Wayne has to admit Gillie schooled him on how to actually flow like a an East Coast MC. The line I caught where I knew he was getting help from Gillie was the Bring it Back song.

when I think of flow, I'm thinking of mainly cadences. yea it was actually admitted gillie helped him with breath control and flow and all that. It wasthe ghost writing thing that was questionable. I agree with you, the carter 1 was the peak of his rap talent by far and in all honesty I was manly thinking ofthe carter 1 when I was thinking u crazy to say his flow is horrible. The entire carter 1 was carried by his flow. as far as now, I guess I could see a bitof a fall off in the flow..maybe, but I mean you picked out like the worst song possible. You're comparing a song he bull****ted on to be honest(which isall he's been doing with these features and all that) and compared them to certain rappers' best songs
laugh.gif

Listen to wayne's knuck if you buck freestyle, upgrade me freestyle, hell even tho I don't like tha drought, listen to that whole mixtape. listen totha whole carter 3 sessions mixtape. im still puzzled on how you can say his flow is horrible. WHAT wayne tracks are you listening to?

I know alot of people knock dudes and don't really even listen to enough of them. Like howmuch have you actually listened to him. I used to knock LupeFiasco just off that kick push song, but when I ACTUALLY listened to him I think he's a monster and has the potential to be the next great. i still got tostand by the fact that his flow/delivery has carried his career thus far and will continue. Id be willing to bet I could easily raise you a track he flowednice on for every random track you found where he flowed trash.

Back
Top Bottom