Jay-Z's Legacy of Bloodclot Cryin': A Lyrical Retrospective

has ANY rapper ever complained so much about no being considered the best by EVERYONE? that BP3 freestyle got me to thinking about dude always whining about people recognizing him as the GOAT. any @@##+ that obsessed with being the best is gonna do whatever he has to do lockdown every corner of the cultural landscape...play with phish...record wit linkin park...shout out madonna...get paltrow to sing backup...it's like since winter 01 went down, his M.O. been: "i lost the streets, but i'mma get the people who write history to side with me"...and he STILL coming up behind ra, pac, big, em, nas, G rap and a few others on *MOST* GOAT lists...so he STILL crying.

some examples of his bloodclot cryin:

I see I said, jealousy I said
Got the whole industry mad at me I said
Then B.I. said, "Hov' remind yourself
nobody built like you, you've designed yourself"
I agree I said, my one of a kind self
Get stoned every day like Jesus did

Fiya Analysis: Yes, Jay used a dead Biggie as a device to engender sympathy from !+#!%% who laughed when Nas ethered the %#!$ outta him. Tacky? Yup. Consistent with Jay's post-Ether lyricism? Indeed. Oh, but the dude's bloodclot cryin' had just begun.

Oh! This must be the way the @@##+ 'Pac felt when he made
"Me Against the World," "All Eyez on Me"
Y'all #+++%# got me feelin like all eyes on me, me against the world
Mmm, y'all got me on my +%$%
Thought #+++%# would appreciate what I did to this game
Bein that, I'm flesh of your flesh, blood of your blood
Come from the same hood you come from
We share basically the same stories
Thought #+++%# would appreciate what I came and did
since ninety-six, every year
Somethin must be seriously wrong with the world
I know y'all ain't hatin

Fiya Analysis: Holy Lord! LMAO! I bet Pac asked God for a one-day pass to come down and steal that @@##+ when he heard that #**%!*#*. Oh, I know..he paying "homage." *SMH*

Prophesizing on your CDs and tapes
Won't break you a crumb of the little bit that he makes
And this is with whom you want to place your faith?
I put dollars on mine, ask Columbine
When the Twin Towers dropped, I was the first in line
Donating proceeds off every ticket sold
When I was out on the road, that's how you judge Hov, no?

I've been real all my life, they confuse it with conceit
Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
But I will not lose, for even in defeat
There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me

I'm Big Dog, Glenn Rob, listen God you a flea
And the little homey Jungle is a garden to me
What's the problem B? You not as hard as me
@@##+ hard as we, @@##+ R O C, @@##+
That's why they follow me, they feel my pain and my agony, @@##+
I won't rest till you on one knee
You want war then it's war's gonna be, @@##+
Until you on one knee, you want war then it's war's gonna be, @@##+

Fiya analysis: Seriously? Where do we start? I guess the glaring douchbaggery of using the tragedy of 9/11 to explain why he's a better person (and therefore a better MC?) than Nas. I remember when I first heard that +%$%. I was shocked. I mean, dude had de-#%$#%@*-railed. Nas @!+#%$ his head up something terrible. He talks about flutes on the track. He's rapping like Austin Powers. All over the place. And then he takes it back to Kindergarten and accuses people of cheating? CHEATING?!?!?! And He never ended Nas, who went on to have a creative resurgence after clapping up Jay's label. And to end it...he Glenn Rob? *SMH*

You ain't crazy, don't you play me, don't you know it's Jay-Z?
When internets ask who's the best, why won't you say me?
Don't you hate me? C'mon baby, was it all gravy?
I took my lumps comin' up just like a boxer baby

Fiya Analysis: Shut your Million Dollar Baby +%% up, Shawn. The Blueprint just called and it wants Song Cry back.

I'm not a biter
I'm a writer
For myself and others
I say a B.I.G. verse I'm only biggin up my brother
Biggin up my borough
I'm big enough to do it
I'm that thorough

Fiya Analysis: Pleas, baby, pleas, baby, baby, pleas. Feeling the sting of being called out for "borrowing" too many of Big's rhymes, (not so) Young Hov defends himself by admitting…that he borrows too many of Biggie's rhymes. However, it's wrong for people to make such a big deal about it. And, in desperation to prove his orgininality, he throws Bleek under the bus by admitting he writes for him. *SMH*

Written by Basagliafrom OKP

laugh.gif

This dude is garbage. It's always crying or bragging about how nice/rich/skilled/hard he is/was.

Real legends get respect without ever whining about it like little prissy !@#%*$!. A great example is the story of how Big Pun literally got on one knee andkissed Kool G Rap's ring when he saw him. On the other hand we all know what Pun gave Jay when he saw him in the club...
laugh.gif

That just shows the difference right there. Jay should be happy he made it this far off his trash. Not all of us are ignorant sheep that are that are thateasily fooled by his gimmicks.

Ol' "what about me guys!" @!+

The hell is this?

Dudes lookin deep into Jay's word. He already won. By going all out and #$%! he basically proved Jay-Z's point.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

The hell is this?

Dudes lookin deep into Jay's word. He already won. By going all out and #$%! he basically proved Jay-Z's point.

Truest stuff I EVER read

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

The hell is this?

Truest stuff I EVER read
roll.gif
You really need to read more...

Jay-Z is an elite MC and I like most of his music but probably the biggest factor that prevents me from considering him to be an even greater MC is his utterlack of (what I consider) substance in his music... This manufactured "hate" he raps about is an extremely clever way to manipulate easily influencedpeople to elevate him to a level where he is beyond criticism, because to offer a critical analysis of his music is considered to be partaking in thisconspiracy of hate against him
eyes.gif

And yes, I actually listen to music and don't just skim through it
laugh.gif

Man, people go SO hard to hate sometimes.

Like, it's not that serious. Go outside, get some ({}), you'll feel better about yourself afterwards...

Jay-z always rapped with a sense of "entitlement". It was very annoying for a while cuz duke was actin like

He was "THE BEST BAR NONE" right around da time vol. 1 dropped....when duke always needed Foxy Brown to get radio

Spins
laugh.gif

He definetly manufactures a lot of the hate himself. He whines quite a bit and he was very insecure especially after ether. I agree with the article with thefact that, it's disgusting how he tried to use columbine and 9/11 to prove to fans that he was a better rapper than Nas and that he was entitled to that.You want to bring up donations and proceeds that you gave away in a Rap Battle? seriously? Lame.

Originally Posted by LLC Money

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Jay-z always rapped with a sense of "entitlement". It was very annoying for a while cuz duke was actin like

He was "THE BEST BAR NONE" right around da time vol. 1 dropped....when duke always needed Foxy Brown to get radio

Spins
laugh.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'll give you vol. 1 but anything after, you're not being honest with yourself
By then Biggie was dead.

You right numbers dont lie.

Country Grammar > Illmatic.

Nelly > Big Pun.

Selling records means you appeal to a greater audience. In some ways Nelly is better than Big Pun and Nas. Nas can't pick beats to save his life. And Pundidn't have the mass appeal that Nelly has, dumb white girls aren't gonna like Pun, but they will love Nelly. Numbers wise Nelly is better than both ofthem. As far as being an MC; country grammar Nelly can spit but he can't go with Nas or Pun.

Like I say all the time, being the greatest is about having the total package, Jay has it. The only other artist that can claim the total package are Outkast,Em, Kanye and a few others I can't think about right now. These dudes can spit and they have mass appeal.

Hip Hop is bigger than the backpackers and the bloggers, once people realize that than hip hop in a whole will be in a better state.

I think the amount of people that say your not the best for no reason is directly proportional to your greatness see MJ, see Beatles, see Jay, see Em. Outkastare the only ones that are great but don't seem to get that much hate.

Mass appeal right now just means you're trash. Word to the MTV "hottest MC's". Has nothing to do with rapping ability, just who the betterpop artist is. Which is irrelevant when discussing GOAT rapper/MC. Jay might be a good pop artist like you said (for dumb white girls) but as a rapper ?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
dude can't rap his way out of a paper bag at this point.

100 million sold means your are the best rapper.
This is such BS. How much you've sold means nothing. I can probably name 30 rappers that has sold more albums than Scarface and promise youmaybe 3 or 4 are actually better than him.

Jay-z is great but I just don't like when people act like he's never made a wack song or something.

Originally Posted by M16

Mass appeal right now just means you're trash. Word to the MTV "hottest MC's". Has nothing to do with rapping ability, just who the better pop artist is. Which is irrelevant when discussing GOAT rapper/MC. Jay might be a good pop artist like you said (for dumb white girls) but as a rapper ?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
dude can't rap his way out of a paper bag at this point.
Shut the $$%@ up
smh.gif

roll.gif
You really need to read more...

Jay-Z is an elite MC and I like most of his music but probably the biggest factor that prevents me from considering him to be an even greater MC is his utter lack of (what I consider) substance in his music... This manufactured "hate" he raps about is an extremely clever way to manipulate easily influenced people to elevate him to a level where he is beyond criticism, because to offer a critical analysis of his music is considered to be partaking in this conspiracy of hate against him
eyes.gif

And yes, I actually listen to music and don't just skim through it
laugh.gif
So what's the point of reading more again?

The writer aint really saying anything new.

It's funny how we criticize everybody and it's just "my opinion". But when some one else criticizes y'all fav. rapper he's a hater.The truth does hurt.

Bloodclaat crying!? This _ need to stop the bloodclaat typin! Son prolly spent a good half hour concocting that nonsense. Dudes is sad
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

100 million sold means your are the best rapper.
This is such BS. How much you've sold means nothing. I can probably name 30 rappers that has sold more albums than Scarface and promise you maybe 3 or 4 are actually better than him.

Jay-z is great but I just don't like when people act like he's never made a wack song or something.

I know I said I wouldn't but. There is a little difference between an artist that sells 10 million and one that sells 15 million their wholecareer, but there is a huge difference between someone who sells 15 million and someone who sells > 50 million records. That is when numbers come intoeffect.

That sums up pretty much how I've always felt about Jay-Z, and anybody in general who acts that way. He's definitely one of the greats, but if youcan't admit that this dude cops pleas to be the best wayyyy too much then you probably engage in that type of sucker activity yourself. Stop being soconcerned where people place you on their "personal" lists and just do you. Real "swagger" is not giving a #%#@ what people think causeyou know you're the *@#% regardless. He has classics but it's hard for me to listen his *@#% sometimes because of that *$#%# @$$ness he's alwaysspittin.

I agree...
He talks about his placement wit the greats way to much...
The only thing I disagree wit is when he said most people still think he's behind ra, g rap, em, nas, etc...
I think most people (who know about the music) have Jay solidified in their top 5...

Back
Top Bottom