JB downtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
This must be a definite downtime for JB right now. There isn't that much releasing that are even worth the ticket imo.

My next purchase comes in April when the snake 11 lows drop. Then May for the 4s. Seeing how cash is, maybe the cool grey 4s. After that I think I’m done. Oh wait the SBB 1 3.0 if the color blocking is the OG bred 1

As far as retro’s go, only need BC4 and Playoff 11’s this year.

Lol downtime and they still dropping a retro a week.

JB has changed a lot. Market way over saturated right now.

You guys hit the nail on the head.

JB has more or less killed the hype for GRs that existed in 2011-2013 except for the few, classic releases like Concord 11s, IR 6s and the BC4s coming out in May. More shoes are sold but I think GRs lost a lot of the allure they used to have during said era and a lot are basically headed straight for the discount rack. I was shocked that even NRG releases like those Social Status 6s sat and are going for under retail on Stock-X. Air Jordan 1 are pretty much the only model that can consisterly sellout regular releases on release day or soon thereafter. I guess the market is truly getting over saturated and will likely see a correction soon, if it hasn’t started already.

This is just like 2017, I don't really like retro + colorways so most of the releases this year I'm not securing.

I'm actually happy there isn't anything releasing atm because it gives me more time to save up for the navy snakeskin 11 lows , bred 4's and bred 11's, and potentially those Jordan 1 crimson tint's releasing at the end of April.

this is good and bad
but Jordan brand did this to them selves by releasing too many shoes and too many colorways in such short amount of a time for the past 3 to 4 years

Last edited:
Now's your chance Adidas! :lol:

Adidas blew their creative load too early tbh. They set the bar high with UBs, NMDs, and 350s but really didn’t have anything left for round 2 since they were shooting blanks at that point. Even Futurecraft has somehow felt stale for whatever reason.

There's only two Jordans coming out the rest of the year that matter. The 11s and 4s.

Somebody has to be buying that other junk for them to keep releasing a shoe once a week.

Adidas blew their creative load too early tbh. They set the bar high with UBs, NMDs, and 350s but really didn’t have anything left for round 2 since they were shooting blanks at that point. Even Futurecraft has somehow felt stale for whatever reason.
I feel like JB did the same thing last year too. They had an amazing year and here we are now in the "downtime" thread.

I feel like JB did the same thing last year too. They had an amazing year and here we are now in the "downtime" thread.

Yeah I mean JB has the luxury of releasing shoes like the Bred 1s, Concord 11s, Black IR 6s, BC 4s, etc. etc. that will probably always sellout due to their iconic status. For whatever reason, JB seems to hire some designers who are likely blind to design some of their retro+ cws (don’t mean to offend/insult any blind people here). It’s kind of bewildering how most if not all of JB’s problems are self-imposed.

You guys hit the nail on the head.

JB has more or less killed the hype for GRs that existed in 2011-2013 except for the few, classic releases like Concord 11s, IR 6s and the BC4s coming out in May. More shoes are sold but I think GRs lost a lot of the allure they used to have during said era and a lot are basically headed straight for the discount rack. I was shocked that even NRG releases like those Social Status 6s sat and are going for under retail on Stock-X. Air Jordan 1 are pretty much the only model that can consisterly sellout regular releases on release day or soon thereafter. I guess the market is truly getting over saturated and will likely see a correction soon, if it hasn’t started already.

Yea, the market is very oversaturated at this point. Most of the cats buying Js today weren't even born when the OGs or first retro released.

Yeah I mean JB has the luxury of releasing shoes like the Bred 1s, Concord 11s, Black IR 6s, BC 4s, etc. etc. that will probably always sellout due to their iconic status. For whatever reason, JB seems to hire some designers who are likely blind to design some of their retro+ cws (don’t mean to offend/insult any blind people here). It’s kind of bewildering how most if not all of JB’s problems are self-imposed.

I've often wondered who exactly JB has in their design dept. They must not be sneakerheads. Whoever told them it was profitable to release all that extra trash should be fired. You think JB would hire some real sneakerheads.

There is so much trash sitting out there, JB has to be losing some money.
Naw, every retro sell out damn well makes up for everything else. They’re spoiled. Mass produced shoes are not supossed to sell out in a couple hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom