JB Overpriced?

Sup NT, so today i learned that it costs JB and alot of other brands around .88 cents - 3$ tops to make a "top-notch" basketball sneaker. They retailing for 150$. I'm not trying to roll up on yall, because i myself got a few pairs of jordans. So we are just paying the 147$ for a brand name and a box? What do you guys think about this?? Worth it?

Sup NT, so today i learned that it costs JB and alot of other brands around .88 cents - 3$ tops to make a "top-notch" basketball sneaker. They retailing for 150$. I'm not trying to roll up on yall, because i myself got a few pairs of jordans. So we are just paying the 147$ for a brand name and a box? What do you guys think about this?? Worth it?

Originally Posted by ilikethemds

i think people have known that for years and they continue to buy so that shows you people dont care

Originally Posted by ilikethemds

i think people have known that for years and they continue to buy so that shows you people dont care

I don't think there's a person in here that doesn't know the actual cost of making J's. But this holds true for ANY AND EVERYTHING on the free market. People will pay thousands of dollars for the same $3 sneaker. Nike can price it whatever they want, once you buy them you've decided this is how much they are worth to you. We buy what we like, plain and simple.

Overpriced? Personal opinion. But when have Jordans ever been cheap?

And of course you're praying for brand name, that argument is tired. No one would buy an Air Jordan model if it was made by Spalding, frankly a lot of them would be labeled ugly. But they are Air Jordan at the end of the day and Nike has brilliant marketing.

I don't think there's a person in here that doesn't know the actual cost of making J's. But this holds true for ANY AND EVERYTHING on the free market. People will pay thousands of dollars for the same $3 sneaker. Nike can price it whatever they want, once you buy them you've decided this is how much they are worth to you. We buy what we like, plain and simple.

Overpriced? Personal opinion. But when have Jordans ever been cheap?

And of course you're praying for brand name, that argument is tired. No one would buy an Air Jordan model if it was made by Spalding, frankly a lot of them would be labeled ugly. But they are Air Jordan at the end of the day and Nike has brilliant marketing.

If you're asking the 'overpriced' question then clearly you have a lot to learn about the world of retail, and business in general.  

If you're asking the 'overpriced' question then clearly you have a lot to learn about the world of retail, and business in general.  

No1 too blame other than ourselves as consumers...supply and demand baby...most cases demand is higher than supply

No1 too blame other than ourselves as consumers...supply and demand baby...most cases demand is higher than supply

if they were cheap than that would take away from its aura as a premium brand, same reason people buy gucci and louis vuitton and all that, just for the name, if they were all priced at the same prices as regular products than it would lose its appeal. Pretty pathetic when you really think about it

if they were cheap than that would take away from its aura as a premium brand, same reason people buy gucci and louis vuitton and all that, just for the name, if they were all priced at the same prices as regular products than it would lose its appeal. Pretty pathetic when you really think about it

Supply and demand. They also have a lot of bills to pay and paychecks to send out, don't forget about that. Idk if you remember the Starbury shoe that came out for like $30 or something. I think they made like 3 models and then they were discontinued

Supply and demand. They also have a lot of bills to pay and paychecks to send out, don't forget about that. Idk if you remember the Starbury shoe that came out for like $30 or something. I think they made like 3 models and then they were discontinued

also remember that retail price can also go down based on sales so thats why you can find a $100 shoe for $20 sometimes no matter what they sell a shoe for theyre not losing money. and even if everyone knows how much it costs to make them where can you find the best shoe for $3, you cant. it also involves the name, the reputation and what people are willing to pay.

also remember that retail price can also go down based on sales so thats why you can find a $100 shoe for $20 sometimes no matter what they sell a shoe for theyre not losing money. and even if everyone knows how much it costs to make them where can you find the best shoe for $3, you cant. it also involves the name, the reputation and what people are willing to pay.

if you were the CEO of a company making a product that costs $1 and you could exploit the consumer to $100-$150 would you? the answer is yes, thats why there is JB. if you dont, someone else will. thats the goal of every company: maximize revenue and producer surplus. Economics brah.

Back
Top Bottom