Jeremy Lin extends contract with Nike... Sig shoe? Updated pg1 "Linsanity" shirts , ASG PE

Originally Posted by btdpu

Good lord. A man has a few good games and you're ready to give him a signature shoe? Do you realize that it takes a MINIMUM of 3 months for a shoe to go from production (stitching the shoe) to release in the stores? Not to mention someone actually has to design the thing...this is ridiculous.

Never said it had to be right this moment... Calm down bro

No need to make him a new one, they could just
give him these, and plus his name is sorta in it already
happy.gif
laugh.gif
devil.gif

li-ning.jpg

Jeremy Li-ning

It'd be stupid to give him his own line of Nike shoes right now given his body of work.  I definitely see endorsements coming though.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Do Rondo or Deron Williams have sigs?

Hell nah......I'm weak dudes on here already want to consider Lin in the elite class of Durant, Lebron, and Kobe.

if he takes the knicks to the finals and win...maybe. huge fan of lin, but i say wait and see. stoudemire dont even have a sig shoe, does he? the lin hype right now is crazy.

Correct Stat doesn't have a sig.(Well yeah if you want to consider PE's as one) He wear the sweep thru's though.

Originally Posted by Limitless

if he takes the knicks to the finals and win...maybe. huge fan of lin, but i say wait and see. stoudemire dont even have a sig shoe, does he? the lin hype right now is crazy.

I believe Amare has(had) his own sig shoe. He doesn't have his own line like Kobe,LeBron,KD (includes shoes/clothing). Jeremy Lin is a great story, the ultimate Cinderella man. But he doesn't deserve his own sig shoe, I don't even get why this is a thread. You fan boys need to take a chill pill. Everyone is turning Jeremy Lin into the next Tim Tebow. Don't get me wrong, i don't wish any ill will towards Lin and his fans, but he's only had a handful of breakout games and you want to give him his own sig shoe?? he has to have at least 2 seasons as a starter before any consideration for a sig shoe.

Stoudemire did have a few sig shoes with nike some years ago. the air force STAT was nice, i had 2 pair of them.

why is this even a debate?? lol there are soo many other cats that have PEs and that will probably never get a sig that may deserve is
the kid only played 5 games, lets see how the season goes for him then reopen this discussion, i'll admit kid is nice!!!

We're talking about selling shoes... not skill. You don't necessarily have to be and all-star to be marketable. I understand you have to become consistent to be considered a legit asset to any company, but this is the first Asian American basketball player companies can take full advantage of in some major markets where the game of basketball is HUGE and still growing. If you want to complain about him not being good at basketball... take it to the S&T thread. I was just wondering if the risk is worth the reward with endorsing him, rather than if he is good or not at basketball.

just saying

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

We're talking about selling shoes... not skill. You don't necessarily have to be and all-star to be marketable. I understand you have to become consistent to be considered a legit asset to any company, but this is the first Asian American basketball player companies can take full advantage of in some major markets where the game of basketball is HUGE and still growing. If you want to complain about him not being good at basketball... take it to the S&T thread. I was just wondering if the risk is worth the reward with endorsing him, rather than if he is good or not at basketball.

just saying

I guess if you only want to sell to Asian customers then maybe..
But besides Asians.. Who is going to buy "Lins" over Brons, Kobes, KDs, Rose, Melo, Wades etc??
Bottom line is.. This aint the 90's. Not everybody can have a sig shoe. You gotta be damn near the best of the best.

Back
Top Bottom