Jim Rome Unappreciation

i just hate the way he tries too hard to be hip. and his goatee is one of the worst ive ever seen .......

His show is pretty boring

I wait for it to finish so I can watch Around the Horn then PTI

Originally Posted by tonton32

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
I am happy he $+%# that little %%+ hole up.

rome almost got merc'd in that clip. i'd love to see him interview an athlete as the dude is on a roid rage session.

Rome gets some of the best interviews besides Chris Everett interview

The Rosemary call is great

I don't always agree with what he says, but I do like that he does ask tough questions. The sarcasm is amusing sometimes as well. I'm another whoagrees the radio show is better than the televsion show.

Originally Posted by lilhen18

I don't always agree with what he says, but I do like that he does ask tough questions. The sarcasm is amusing sometimes as well. I'm another who agrees the radio show is better than the televsion show.

Thing about him though is that even though he does ask tough questions, he rolls with security to the Super Bowl. Lame.

Rome is awesome. i respect him

i remember about 10 years ago he was at a packer game and he did this pretty funny segment. he was like tonite on fox news at five, a mass killing took placetoday at wal mart, and now more packer news. it was f'n hilarious, but unfortunately thats how it is in green bay.

[h2]Nature of the show[/h2]
The Jim Rome Show, also known as "The Jungle," consists of Rome's opinions on issues in sports, entertainment, and off-beat news; interviews with athletes and celebrities; and telephone calls and emails from listeners.

The show's most notable attributes are extensive use of "smack" (Rome's term for "gloatful, uninhibited, and unbridled" sports talk, peppered with personal jargon), name-calling, sarcastic humor, and "takes" -- set-piece diatribes delivered by Rome and the "Clones" (loyal listeners).

Rome periodically wanders away from takes and interviews related to sports, discussing the mechanics of hosting the program, his upcoming vacations, past and future Smack-Offs, anecdotes about the XR4Ti Crew, and the antics of various Clones. Frequently Clones send in their own reactions to these meta-topics, prompting Rome to state: "The most popular topic on the show is the show itself."

Rome has stated on numerous occasions (especially when announcing new affiliate stations) that it can be difficult for new listeners to enjoy the show, as there is a steep learning curve before they can fully understand the format, content, and vernacular. He has also compared acquiring a taste for the show to acquiring a taste for beer, and recommends to new listeners: "Give it two weeks. If you still don't like it, give it two more weeks."

from the wikipedia page about his radio show.. pretty much spot on for those who don't listen regularly or are new to it..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jim_Rome_Show

I think he's a tool bag..... But I still watch the show....

Now Jay Marriotti (sp) is unappreciation post worthy....

Jim Rome is that dude. His radio show is the only show i will listen to on the daily.

Love how real he is with sports and the issues.

his radio show was WAY BETTER than his tv show. the "jungle" was one of his better bits. but he's a buster too, he forgot where he came from(lost his roots) w/ the quickness when he hit tv land.

Rome is so freakin' good. I never watch JRIB, but his radio show is so good. He gets the best interviews, and his takes are hilarious (Bert & Ernie,Riots, Softball Guy, Spelling Bee). His soccer "take" is funny as well. It is part of his "persona", but I do find it funny

"If I'm talkng soccer, I'm talking violence, assault, rioting blood bombs, urine bombs, tramplings, crushings, stabbings, shootings and God knowswhat else. [Goes into recent event of violence of parent hitting kid] Whenever you need senseless violence, go to a soccer game. I have a dream, of riddingthis great nation of soccer. I will continue to read stories about abusive parents, homicidal referees and collapsing stadiums, until there is no soccer beingplayed in this nation. Soccer is stupid.....I would be ok if it was just stupid, but it's stupid and violent. Stupid and dangerous."

It is so over the top, but makes me laugh every time.

I like the dudes show. But his negativity towards soccer really turns me off. I just don't understand people who can criticize a sport that takes so muchathleticism and fluidity like soccer yet call baseball a great sport. I mean you got dudes like giambi and ortiz who are slower than my 70 year old grandmotherin terms of side to side movements. Yet these soccer players who have all world speed and quickness get criticized. I understand the whole flopping problem, Imean I HATE watching the Italian team play. But in football, the Jets and Titans game is a good example, where players fake injuries to stop momentum.Basketball where you ahve flops on charges, hell I was and still am guilty of it when I play in leagues. It's just a way to sell a foul.

And for those that don't play soccer, running full speed and getting clipped at the ankle or being tackled from behind can be so painful that you have noidea. When I sprained my right ankle and strained my Achilles tendon back in HS during a basketball game, it hurt less than when I got tackled once in soccer.Soccer is actually a physical sport, it's not basketball or football, but it's still extremely demanding on the body.

I think the radio show has fallen off. he's gone too far with the sound bites.

Rome is that dude. He's not afraid to ask questions or say what's on his mind even if he might get his behind kicked.

Back
Top Bottom