Jimmy Rollins named NL MVP

Just saw it on ESPN.
pimp.gif

But, of course, he plays in tha NL and his name aint Barry so...this will get mentioned twice this week and forgotten...damn shame
smh.gif

what a joke. holliday was ROBBED.

tremendous numbers, leads his team from nowhere all the way to the playoffs, this is unreal. almost as bad as justin maureau last year.

[table][tr][td]2007 NL MVP Award Voting[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player, Club[/td] [td]1st[/td] [td]2nd[/td] [td]3rd[/td] [td]4th[/td] [td]5th[/td] [td]6th[/td] [td]7th[/td] [td]8th[/td] [td]9th[/td] [td]10th[/td] [td]Points[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jimmy Rollins, PHI[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]1[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]353[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Matt Holliday, COL[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]336[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Prince Fielder, MIL[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]3[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]284[/td] [/tr][tr][td]David Wright, NYM[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]182[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ryan Howard, PHI[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]2[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]112[/td] [/tr][/table]

^^ Yeah right one month and a play in game makes Holliday better this year naw but as I've said before I'm a Phils fan so it is what it is.

^^ please. holliday put up numbers all season long. no one talked about him because the team sucked until the end of the year.

nobody played better than him all year, and no one played better than him down the stretch.

Well-deserved.

You don't see SS's putting up numbers Rollins put up very often, you see numbers from LF's like Holliday alot more frequently.

It was a tossup and I figured the WS-participant would win it on that merit alone, but I don't knock J-Roll for winning one bit. Dude is a ballplayer. TheNew Pete Hustle.

smh.gif
As a Mets fan, you can't even argue this. Rollins stepped up in a big way this year.

Holliday was worthy as well, but Rollins did unnatural things for a shortstop and backed up his tough talk. And it sucks.

are we all forgetting that alex rodriguez was a shortstop? have we forgotten about miguel tejada? hanley ramirez? shortstops with power numbers is nothing new.you guys are rewarding him for not being known as a power type guy, and because the mets meltdown led to his revelations at the start of the season comingtrue.

serious talk, is jimmy rollins the best player on his team? is he the best shortstop in his division? seriously.

serious talk, is jimmy rollins the best player on his team? is he the best shortstop in his division? seriously.
Its debatable about best player and he's definitely the best ss in the division seriously.

CR%7ECoors-Field-Denver-Colorado-Posters.jpg

Coors field bud. Averaging .300 at home compared to .350 at home is not a good look. Jimmy Rollins deserved it.

Well deserved so glad he beat out Holliday for it.
smile.gif

Playoffs & WS shouldn't factor that much into who gets it, Rollins set new records and made history with the offensive year he had and to add to it gothis regular Gold Glove.

I honestly think Hanley Ramirez is the best in the division. Because he plays in a small market team, he is unrecognized like Rollins and Reyes.

Back
Top Bottom