Job Cleaning the Gulf Coast!

Does anyone have any information that could point me in the right direction? My dad was talking about me and a friend could go down there, stay in a hotel, and make 400-500 dollars a day cleaning up the oil spill but doesn't know any details. This would just be for around a month before I start college in the fall. Any helps appreciated educate me NT!

i kno hard work i understand haha... but i'm thinkin- if me and my boy go down there and are truly guapin and we live in a hotel for like a month i think it would b straight. We'd be livin the life 4 a little bit. in a perfect world anyways.

^^ see with people with your mindset, it makes me never want to complain about my job. or hard work. because i can only imagine how bad some people have it...

Originally Posted by wildcard

^^ see with people with your mindset, it makes me never want to complain about my job. or hard work. because i can only imagine how bad some people have it...
Get off your pedestal. I think he meant that this oil spill is such a pressing issue that he'd do the job for free.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Originally Posted by wildcard

Get off your pedestal. I think he meant that this oil spill is such a pressing issue that he'd do the job for free.
thank you sir.
thumbsup_arniesmall.jpg

Not to be negative or anything, but you really don't want to do that.

It's probably the hardest job you'll ever do x 100.

Apply for work study or something. Leave that mess alone.

I was looking at doing this too. $400-$500 a day is stupid cash that I could really use right now. Someone let me know where to sign up. I could use a get away and a change in jobs right now.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

- do you really want to talk out of your $%$ without knowing for yourself? god i hate people with a mind like yours. if you're too much of a chump to do something potentially difficult why try and discourage another from trying it? its a wonder how people like you get anything done.

- from what ive seen WITH MY OWN EYES, its not very difficult at all. they have all sorts of positions. from dudes in full gear patrolling the beach for oil and oil striken animals, to deck hands on boats looking for oil.

- a guy i work with has a son-in-law with a boat getting paid $1,400 for 2.5 hours work every day. he said they're given a video camera and an area of water to patrol and look for oil or animals. if your boat is bigger than 22' the price goes up to $3000. this money goes to the owner of the boat (or captain). some of these guys need deckhands to help out on the boat. if you ask me that would be the easiest way to get money. (think of deadliest catch without the cold weather and rough seas)

- those guys on the beach are in full hazmat suits and sometimes hardhats too from what ive seen. ive heard different stories on how much they are paying and the hours, from $18/hr to $25, and from working a few hours a day to just checking in in the morning then going back to the house. ill reply back with better info later......

- oil work can be hard but it all depends on what you do. sure.....on TV it looks extremely tough (speaking of working ON oil rigs), but those are the guys working with the oil (roughnecks, etc). you have to keep in mind on an oil rig you have 100 different jobs out there, id say only about 5% of those jobs are the dangerous, tough, dirty type you see on TV.
- ive woked on an oil rig as an electronics technician. wasnt difficult at all. and i never touched any of the stuff the oil workers done. we worked in air conditioned pods and only went out on the deck every so often.

Not to be negative or anything, but you're a %+*+*.

You've probably never done a "hard" job in your life. If everyone helping clean that mess up right now thought like you, it would never get clean. You should be saying, if I don't help, who will? Man up, son.

Originally Posted by carbine

balloonoboy wrote:

Not to be negative or anything, but you're a $#%%*.

You've probably never done a "hard" job in your life. If everyone helping clean that mess up right now thought like you, it would never get clean. You should be saying, if I don't help, who will? Man up, son.
Why the *%%@ would I want to clean up someone else's mess?

You and seasoned vet got me %#+$@! up. I would never in my life do something like that when offshore drilling will continue and something like this could very well happen again.

If you want to do it, more power to you, but there are other alternatives to get paid.

one of my friends does it. its hard, but not too hard. i live in pensacola, fl. and there are PLENTY of oil cleaning jobs. just craigslist pensacola florida and look in jobs. i think its called hazpower or something like that. its good money too.

Originally Posted by carbine

balloonoboy wrote:

Not to be negative or anything, but you're a $#%%*.

Why the *%%@ would I want to clean up someone else's mess?

You and seasoned vet got me %#+$@! up. I would never in my life do something like that when offshore drilling will continue and something like this could very well happen again.

If you want to do it, more power to you, but there are other alternatives to get paid.
Maybe some people LIKE to work hard and also see it as an opportunity to help out with a very serious issue?  I'm not saying everyone is that way but just because you're selfish and don't "want to clean up someone else's mess" it doesn't mean everyone else feels the same.

You need to read up on how exposure to oil during clean-up can damage your health. It has discouraged me from attempting to volunteer.

look up all of the health problems these people who are basically being forced into this work are experiencing before deciding to head down there.

Please, do some research bro.

Some lady send me the number I'll check if I still have it but she did say that they want people from Louisiana

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

look up all of the health problems these people who are basically being forced into this work are experiencing before deciding to head down there.

Please, do some research bro.

Back
Top Bottom