Job Help Vol. What to say?

What's up NT?  Need a little help here.  I've been filling out alot of applications online for various retail/restaurant places for basic jobs and I've been told the chances of them giving you a call are VERY slim and it's best you go in.  So my question to you guys is what do I say.  Obviously I'm going to ask for an application but what else besides that.  Usually I plan out what I'm gonna stay but i just end up asking for an application and it seems very akward.  What did you guys do?

What's up NT?  Need a little help here.  I've been filling out alot of applications online for various retail/restaurant places for basic jobs and I've been told the chances of them giving you a call are VERY slim and it's best you go in.  So my question to you guys is what do I say.  Obviously I'm going to ask for an application but what else besides that.  Usually I plan out what I'm gonna stay but i just end up asking for an application and it seems very akward.  What did you guys do?

Hello, I just wanted to check up on my application for employment and wanted to know if you had any openings? Say this to a manager with confidence

Hello, I just wanted to check up on my application for employment and wanted to know if you had any openings? Say this to a manager with confidence

Originally Posted by JStunn197

Don't ask to speak to the manager after you fill out the app... this annoys me.

So you're saying if it's my first time there filling out the app I should come back in few days and ask to speak to them?

Originally Posted by JStunn197

Don't ask to speak to the manager after you fill out the app... this annoys me.

So you're saying if it's my first time there filling out the app I should come back in few days and ask to speak to them?

Originally Posted by StonedFace

THIS.

Any responsible manager would see your confidence and if there is an opening would be willing to give you an interview. If you get an interview, act like you know what the hell your talking about. I %@*##$!# my way through every interview I have had, and never have been turned away.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by StonedFace

THIS.

Any responsible manager would see your confidence and if there is an opening would be willing to give you an interview. If you get an interview, act like you know what the hell your talking about. I %@*##$!# my way through every interview I have had, and never have been turned away.

Good luck.

go in there, ask if they're hiring and tell them you're looking for a position. ask if you can fill in application.

honestly, i don't think it's 'what' you say but more of 'how' you say it. just make sure you're clear with what you can offer and what they can expect from hiring you. don't mumble, don't say 'i don't know' or 'whatever', just show confidence.

go in there, ask if they're hiring and tell them you're looking for a position. ask if you can fill in application.

honestly, i don't think it's 'what' you say but more of 'how' you say it. just make sure you're clear with what you can offer and what they can expect from hiring you. don't mumble, don't say 'i don't know' or 'whatever', just show confidence.

Tell em you're Mexican.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom