Job help!

Last Friday I had an interview with an elementary school principal for a teacher assistant job. The interview went great and she told me she would let me know by Monday. I go home apply for other jobs and go to sleep. While sleep, I receive a voice mail message offering me a job at the school and to call back Monday to accept. Over the weekend, the other jobs call me for interviews, I turn them down because they are too far away and I have literally no money to get there, plus I just got offered a job. On Monday, I call and the principal answers telling me she is still conducting interviews, looking for someone bilingual and she is pretty sure she will hire me, just wait until Wednesday. I call Wednesday and the secretary tells me to wait for the principal to call. Should i call her or wait? I really need to know when I can put my two weeks notice in to my current job which is only paying me 30 dollars a week and takes 15 dollars to go to.

Last Friday I had an interview with an elementary school principal for a teacher assistant job. The interview went great and she told me she would let me know by Monday. I go home apply for other jobs and go to sleep. While sleep, I receive a voice mail message offering me a job at the school and to call back Monday to accept. Over the weekend, the other jobs call me for interviews, I turn them down because they are too far away and I have literally no money to get there, plus I just got offered a job. On Monday, I call and the principal answers telling me she is still conducting interviews, looking for someone bilingual and she is pretty sure she will hire me, just wait until Wednesday. I call Wednesday and the secretary tells me to wait for the principal to call. Should i call her or wait? I really need to know when I can put my two weeks notice in to my current job which is only paying me 30 dollars a week and takes 15 dollars to go to.

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

30 dollars a week ?

where you work at bro?

Its the only job I could get so far. It's once a week 3 hours every Wednesday being an Instructors assistant for UCLA.

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

30 dollars a week ?

where you work at bro?

Its the only job I could get so far. It's once a week 3 hours every Wednesday being an Instructors assistant for UCLA.

$30 a week?! I'd slit my wrist.
EDIT: Call her before the weekend, if you want the job badly, GO FOR IT.

$30 a week?! I'd slit my wrist.
EDIT: Call her before the weekend, if you want the job badly, GO FOR IT.

lol, I only do it cuz I love working with kids. I previously worked for there summer camp program and they offered me this job, when nobody else was offering me anything.

lol, I only do it cuz I love working with kids. I previously worked for there summer camp program and they offered me this job, when nobody else was offering me anything.

Having love for the kids is one thing,but man you gotta get yours you know?
I say call em' up.

Having love for the kids is one thing,but man you gotta get yours you know?
I say call em' up.

4th graders and up =
sick.gif

They don't listen worth %!$# and will intentionally try to piss you off.

4th graders and up =
sick.gif

They don't listen worth %!$# and will intentionally try to piss you off.

I'm 22, just graduated from college in December, internship went nowhere. I have bills to pay. My parents said they will cover January and February rent but will not pay for the bills. Gave me a whole bunch of can goods, water and told me Good Luck..

I'm 22, just graduated from college in December, internship went nowhere. I have bills to pay. My parents said they will cover January and February rent but will not pay for the bills. Gave me a whole bunch of can goods, water and told me Good Luck..

if it takes you 15 dollars to get to work and 15 dollars to get from work and you only make 30 dollars a week, why are you still working? You do realize you can just quit and everything will be the same?

if it takes you 15 dollars to get to work and 15 dollars to get from work and you only make 30 dollars a week, why are you still working? You do realize you can just quit and everything will be the same?

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

6 bucks to get there no traffic. Getting on the 405 in traffic at 6pm to go back home cost about 9 bucks. 15 bucks altogether.

Can i get some help with the job offer situation?

Back
Top Bottom