Job Hunt Vol. No longer a full-time student

smh.gif
How the f*** I graduated Phi Beta Kappa and puttin' in applications at Kohl's and Joe's Crab Shack? Sumthin' ain't right....

Psych major

I have something lined up for the fall, but for the summer is what I am talking about
laugh.gif
I have to take summer classes for the job too so the standardbusiness hours of 9-5 are pretty much off limits to me, i.e, I'm going to have be rockin' a uniform for the next couple of weeks. Ouch.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

1. This summer/fall I start an internship....so like I said, I'm straight for the fall. Will I be cakin'? By no means, but its what I wanna do and Iain't tryna cop a M5 and a Urban Loft in the near future.
2. I took NO 'L' by becoming a psych major, given that I plan on pursuing a career primarily pertaining to research and education
3. I'm looking for a summer job. Since I am doing the summer institute thing for TFA, I only have time to work atnight/weekends which means I'm limited to wear I can work, which means, like I said, retail and food service is where it's at. Ouch.
4.Yes, I plan on going to grad school after I'm done wit' the internship; most likely part time starting next year once I can work out my schedulegood.

Got dam, now who else wanna start wit' smart comments/questions? . Given that summer is coming up, I thought others would be in the samesituation.....lookin' for jobs and what not. My bad tho, looks like I was wrong
grin.gif

moonmaster pretty much got it.

only psych majors i know who are eating good doubled major.

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Got dam, now who else wanna start wit' smart comments/questions? .

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
take your psych degree and take an L
15ua2w.jpg

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

1. This summer/fall I start an internship....so like I said, I'm straight for the fall. Will I be cakin'? By no means, but its what I wanna do and I ain't tryna cop a M5 and a Urban Loft in the near future.
2. I took NO 'L' by becoming a psych major, given that I plan on pursuing a career primarily pertaining to research and education
3. I'm looking for a summer job. Since I am doing the summer institute thing for TFA, I only have time to work at night/weekends which means I'm limited to wear I can work, which means, like I said, retail and food service is where it's at. Ouch.
4.Yes, I plan on going to grad school after I'm done wit' the internship; most likely part time starting next year once I can work out my schedule good.

Got dam, now who else wanna start wit' smart comments/questions? . Given that summer is coming up, I thought others would be in the same situation.....lookin' for jobs and what not. My bad tho, looks like I was wrong
grin.gif
No need to get salty, I misunderstood what you were going for with the post. If I were you I'd go for a low key retail store in the mall. Apparel is a hell of a lot easier than shoes, and some kind of gift store would be even easier. Good luck.

- Tical.

Why the hate on psychology majors? I know some alums that are doing very well, and aren't even in the field of psychology. It's just a bachelor, whichis IMO, no different from a business degree.

Yeah, I just graduated last weekend with a degree in Counseling Psychology, but I never expected that a degree in Psychology would lead to a lavish lifestyleof NT-esque wealth. I just wanted a degree in the field, because adolescent behavior modification will be the kinds of jobs I will always have.

Dude, its the summer,shut up and grind it out. Your lucky you got an internship to fall back on in the fall. It took my cousin a year before he got hisserious job in his field (and he's a psych major) and your worried just about the summer?

Originally Posted by FreshProduct

puttin' in applications at Kohl's and Joe's Crab Shack? Sumthin' ain't right....
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Goes to show you how much a degree is worth
laugh.gif
[/color]

i hope you're not referring to all college degrees...

anyway, psych majors are a dime a dozen. it's hands down one of the top 5 easiest degrees to obtain, which is probably why there are so many out there.

Back
Top Bottom