Job Interview Tips

Just graduated with my degree in Accounting. I got a few job interviews lined up this week with some CPA firms. They are offering decent salary around 50-60kas well as tuition and book reimbursement for graduate school. Unfortunately I havent done an interview in over 2 years
ohwell.gif
Tips on how to handle some FAQs or any other advice would be appreciated.

read the book "Knock em Dead". I read it, practiced, practiced, practiced, and got 2 offers from the Big 4 Accounting firms. good luck.

Just have good posture, be eloquent, and have a firm handshake. Good luck fam. Jobs are tough to come by so be grateful.

if your a girl get your lewinsky on. you'll get the job. if your a guy tell them that if you were a girl you'd get your lewinsky on. maybe they'llappreciate your good spirit.

If you know who's interviewing you... perhaps if they're a person that's well known or something, google them. Even if they're not well knownin the industry, still give it a shot. Try to find something about them that you can connect with. But most of all, just be sure to tell them what you can dofor them, not what they can do for you... i.e.: Hopefully, with enough time I can progress within the company. Instead, say something like, I hope to bring to_______ Company my skills in order to maximize overall production of the company and help it progress in the industry. Something like that. But, make it a"You" interview as opposed to an "I" interview.

At the end of it all, make sure to ask the interviewer at least one question. Don't just say, "Nope, I'm good. No questions here."

Also, don't discuss money until at least the 2nd or 3rd interview.

Good luck, brotha.

ceo of an engineering firm told me that the people that he remembered the most were ones that asked intelligent and relevant questions when asked "do youhave any questions?". finishing strong is a very important thing that people often overlook.

dress well, if you look confident visually it helps in forging a better mental image of your personality through the interview. when being questioned some tryto see how you react to questions that they very well know you probably wouldn't know the answer to. careful how you answer those, whatever you do NEVERtry to b.s your way through it. its a very fine line between taking an educated guess and sounding ridiculous.

if you google up how to prepare for an interview you'll find more info than you can handle

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

if your a girl give them head. you'll get the job if your a guy tell them that if you were a girl you'd give them head.

reported

anyhow, like they said above, practice your "speech" , know all about the position,research the position and use some of the nomenclature associated with the job during the interview...and just build a great rapport with them, ask them howthey are doing, if they are cold, try to break that down

lookin for tips as well.

whats a good question to ask? i think one ill be pondering is what a normal work day like?

Originally Posted by jthagreat

lookin for tips as well.

whats a good question to ask? i think one ill be pondering is what a normal work day like?
Yeah, it's a good idea to ask about the work environment. Ask about what a typical work day is like and also ask the interviewer how long heor she has been with the company and see if you can find out what he thinks about his work experience.

Back
Top Bottom