Job Interview

odog24

Banned
I got a job interview teusday at this motorcycle shop they sell gear and parts for all motorcycles dirt and street.
i was wondering what would be best to wear.

black slacks with a white dress shirt and tie

or should i got with khaki jeans and a dress shirt

any other interview advice is appreciated 

-go with the tie
-firm handshake
-be yourself, relax
-have a good 2-3 minute about yourself about how you got to where you go to and where you're headed
-explain in depth your sales experience and how you think you can transfer those skills/experiences over to your new position
-dont be afraid to crack a joke or two, but keep yourself in check
-a variety of hand gestures
-have 5 thoughtful questions ready for the end of your interview
-get your interviewer's contact info (email, phone) and send a thank you e-mail within 24 hours

a secret ive learned in interviews, is to sit upright, leaning slightly forward, with your feet looking as if you're about to sprint/dash. you create the impression that you're ready and capable of getting started.

no humble brag, but ive been 100% (6/6) with interviews in the last 6 years.

Originally Posted by wcghost

-go with the tie
-firm handshake
-be yourself, relax
-have a good 2-3 minute about yourself about how you got to where you go to and where you're headed
-explain in depth your sales experience and how you think you can transfer those skills/experiences over to your new position
-get your interviewer's contact info (email, phone) and send a thank you e-mail within 24 hours

a secret ive learned in interviews, is to sit upright, leaning slightly forward, with your feet looking as if you're about to sprint/dash. you create the impression that you're ready and capable of getting started.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

man go in there with a sons of anarchy vest on 
smokin.gif

thanks for the advice.
i was thinking of wearing these instead of dress shoes. wat  yall think

shoes_ia22658.jpg

^If you're going to be wearing dress shirt + slacks, definitely do not wear sneakers. You ruin what you set out to do, which is look professional.

Originally Posted by Apocalypz

^If you're going to be wearing dress shirt + slacks, definitely do not wear sneakers. You ruin what you set out to do, which is look professional.
but wouldnt wearing all that be too professional? I thought it would be better to tone it down a little.

Make sure you're ready to answer the famous question,

WHY SHOULD I HIRE YOU?

Originally Posted by odog24

but wouldnt wearing all that be too professional? I thought it would be better to tone it down a little.
Not at all. It's always better to be overdressed than under dressed. My old boss at an insurance company told me after I was hired that I beat out other interviewers because he distinctly remembered me looking more professional (not a brag at all) definitely don't wear sneakers with slacks + dress shirt & tie

Originally Posted by Azndood21

Originally Posted by odog24

Not at all. It's always better to be overdressed than under dressed. My old boss at an insurance company told me after I was hired that I beat out other interviewers because he distinctly remembered me looking more professional (not a brag at all) definitely don't wear sneakers with slacks + dress shirt & tie
aiite thanks for the advice

-go with the tie
-firm handshake
-be yourself, relax

Good points, but you've interviewed 6 times in the last 6 years... not sure if that's something to brag about

Originally Posted by CorndogMcgee

-go with the tie
-firm handshake
-be yourself, relax

Good points, but you've interviewed 6 times in the last 6 years... not sure if that's something to brag about

I didn't get fired if that's what you're wondering, some internships were only for 3 months (Morgan Stanley) and 9 months (Apple). Got to constantly be on the lookout for better opportunities. Never settle!

interview is tomorrow wish me luck.

u guys gave me some great tips and stuff.

hopefully it goes well

bro its a bike shope, i wore jeans and a button down when i used to work in parts at a honda shop. you dont have to wear a tie. remember: bike shop! causal

Make sure on the availability form you spell Tuesday correctly. Also remember that résumé is pronounced reh-zuh-meh, not reh-zoom.
In all seriousness though, rehearse with yourself a few hours beforehand. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom