jobless and frustrated no longer?! needing interview advice

Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

Congrats. Just make sure your outfit is fly. 

An ATL Mike Vick jersey and some Olympic 7's and you'll be good
pimp.gif

preciate all the advice here, got the interview in a few hours. will update after the interview.

dont ask about money or benefits.
have a go to question to ask at the end. mine are always: "what is the training process like?" or "whats a typical day at this company?"

if u can find information, do some research on that company and get some quick facts memorized.

if eye contact isn't your thing, just look at their eyebrows.

always lean forward.

be yourself dude..u got this.
pimp.gif

just had a total of 5 interviews for a job last week in a matter of 3 days.got the job. felt like rick ross with extra sauce after that
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

good luck!

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

black pants and a white shirt?

sounds a little plain...
They're gonna want to get a feel of you. Just keep calm and carry on.

Don't worry OGBJ. They will catch on eventually.
laugh.gif

Dont clutter your mind with "made to order"- canned answers. Take lots of breaths, and keep your mind open and available so that you can answer any unexpected inquirys in your own, original manner.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Be positive, look eager, have some energy.  Don't slouch, have good posture while sitting.  Make sure to ask questions, don't be afraid to say "I don't know, however is it possible to do some research and get in contact with you?".  
Don't bash your old job/boss.  Do a little research on the company you are interviewing for.

Good luck
pretty much sums it up.
dress well, I think the mentioned outfit should be ok.

About arriving, find the place and be there early 10-15 minutes, but it's a good idea to actually go to the person who's interviewing you at the exact time 2 minutes, you don't want to rush them, with their previous tasks or anything of that sort!

Smile, be calm and relxed and you shoudl do great!

Good luck.

dress how the boss who will be interviewing you will dress, but not better than him. be articulate and respectful

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

black pants and a white shirt?

sounds a little plain...
They're gonna want to get a feel of you. Just keep calm and carry on.

Exactly. Just wing it if you happen to experience some turbulence during the interview.

Don't worry. I'm sure your career will take off.

update. applied NT advice and landed the job like a boss
pimp.gif
 during my wait after the interview i got a call from another job and also got another interview this upcoming thurs. really hoping i land the job on thurs cause its closer to my home. and didn't go with the skinny tie either. 

I have an interview today, actually in 3 hours lol.

I was told I will be doing a test before my interview, I believe its an assessment test. Never done one before, so I'm nervous about it. Any ideas on what I should look for? Position is for an executive assistant.

I have an interview today, actually in 3 hours lol.
I was told I will be doing a test before my interview, I believe its an assessment test. Never done one before, so I'm nervous about it. Any ideas on what I should look for? Position is for an executive assistant.
I believe that they probably want to see how good you are at dealing with administrative task, if you have great communication skills and if you are good at problem solving and decision making.

And congrats to the OP for landing an interview.

Last edited:
congrats bruh

I just got an email from a trade association asking for an interview on thursday for a policy analyst opening. I had an interview a few weeks ago at the House of Reps but never got a call back (I really wanted that job too)
frown.gif
.  am happy
smile.gif
now that I got in contact with another decent position.

Back
Top Bottom