Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

How do yall go about reconnecting with business collegues you haven't talked to in over 4 mths or so?

How do yall go about reconnecting with business collegues you haven't talked to in over 4 mths or so?
Send them a text or give them a call. Just see how they're gig is going, bring up old memories on the gig, how business is going, and see how they're family is.

Never heard back from Verizon even though they were supposed to contact me after my phone interview. Have a phone interview with the Nats tomorrow though

^it's been a month since my face to face interview and I still haven't gotten an offer. I've heard of the process taking up to 6 months. From what I've heard from very reliable sources, if they haven't said no then there's still a chance.

Anyone know any places hiring in San Antonio? College student looking for a part time job to keep some food on the table

any one know anywhere hiring in NYC?
Nyc heads up!

I interviewed at an IT firm in June but they picked another guy who had more experience than me. Today the owner contacted me for another role for desktop support and the senior ITs will train me on the field so I can get more experience. The owner is setting me up to meet with the CTO next week to see if I'm a good fit to shadow him. Hope he likes me and not throw any curve balls.

I interviewed at an IT firm in June but they picked another guy who had more experience than me. Today the owner contacted me for another role for desktop support and the senior ITs will train me on the field so I can get more experience. The owner is setting me up to meet with the CTO next week to see if I'm a good fit to shadow him. Hope he likes me and not throw any curve balls.

Congrats bro..sounds like a win to me

Has anyone used a resume writing agency? If so, how successful where they in getting you interviews?

I'm looking at one and I'm looking to pay around 675/with cover letter.

I'm also open in looking for a federal job as well. GS11 at least. Problem is that although I don't have the education I did do the job of a 04/GS11 althought my title was of a E7-03/GS09 ... The position was vacant and I was doing the job by default.

BTW, I have 63 credit hours with the majority in business. A GPA of 3.7 making the deans list every semester.

Don't ever pay for a resume service.

Damn, that's the easiest $675 made in 10 minutes.
I know what you mean, but I just don't have the experience or expertise to write them myself.

I have so much experience and I just can't figure how to tailored them into the information required.

I'm looking for jobs that are at least 60k (low end) and sure they are very competitive.

Last edited:
Yea $675 is heavy for a resume dude. I would want interviews to be setup that week for that price.

Yea $675 is heavy for a resume dude. I would want interviews to be setup that week for that price.
I consulted with a few others that were cheaper, around the 350 range, but this guy is a Yale graduate with 2 published books and according to him, with a 70% success rate when dealing with CFOs.

Has anyone used a resume writing agency? If so, how successful where they in getting you interviews?

I'm also open in looking for a federal job as well. GS11 at least. Problem is that although I don't have the education I did do the job of a 04/GS11 althought my title was of a E7-03/GS09 ... The position was vacant and I was doing the job by default.

BTW, I have 63 credit hours with the majority in business. A GPA of 3.7 making the deans list every semester.
Go to your career center they will do it for free.

I did it once for $60, not much changed.

There was a thread where someone posted a link of someone who was doing it for $10 or $20 I forget. Been trying to find the thread but no luck.

O alright cool cool
of course I don't know much about this process, hence the question.

I want you guys inputs.
I think paying that much is crazy. A 70% success rate, in what sort of time frame? The resume game is so automated now too that he wont do much that you couldnt have done on your own. Just start with a template and add your info in, with your kind of GPA you'll be fine without a $700 resumes help

Don't do it....not worth it....and with technology being what it is you can design s better 'mousetrap' (ie: resume).

You guys are giving me second thoughts.

I will be looking into templates, but I might just have to bite the bullet. I wouldn't even know how to tide my education and GPA into a resume.

He did discuss how much the resume game has changed in the past few years. All the automated programs and key words/phrases but also once getting out that stage to have something legible that employers could understand.

Decisions ...

I have applied for 4 GS11 jobs and one supply chain management/financial advisor jobs and 2 were referred to HR 2 qualify but not highly qualified and one incomplete.

I haven't received a phone call, so I'm discourage.

Last edited:
@Crazy Caballo  .... i've been meaning to post this anyway for a sample and with your post i figured i'd go ahead and do it. GPA on your resume really doesn't matter particularly when you have work experience. For those with minimum/zero work experience at best the GPA gives the interviewer a weak indicator on how the candidate will do but there is no real data that comes from a GPA. I have always left it off of my resume and in fact I tend to get a better response from my resume when I 'break' the rules to be fair I only break rules that I understand the why for its appearance on the resume. the sample below i used and for what its worth I got to the final round at a 85M/yr annual budget nonprofit and interview at Mozilla....

You guys are giving me second thoughts.

I will be looking into templates, but I might just have to bite the bullet. I wouldn't even know how to tide my education and GPA into a resume.

He did discuss how much the resume game has changed in the past few years. All the automated programs and key words/phrases but also once getting out that stage to have something legible that employers could understand.

Decisions ...

I have applied for 4 GS11 jobs and one supply chain management/financial advisor jobs and 2 were referred to HR 2 qualify but not highly qualified and one incomplete.

I haven't received a phone call, so I'm discourage.
Thats not even a lot of jobs man you're young in the game. I was churning out 20 apps a day at minimum at one point. 

Randomly checking Craigslist this morning and noticed every listing I've clicked into doesn't give the option to actually apply to the job.

Is there a glitch or am I missing something?

Randomly checking Craigslist this morning and noticed every listing I've clicked into doesn't give the option to actually apply to the job.

Is there a glitch or am I missing something?
I would be very careful with Craigslist. People tend to post jobs listings for jobs they themselves are seeking in order to get resumes and/or see the competition.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom