Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

macbk macbk Send him a formal invitation for drinks or dinner. Don't be apart of the fakeness as well - live your truth. There are several ways to eliminate doubt in your situation. Also do what is best for you - experience has shown employers will have you stuck. This is America! Get ya coins.

My boss made it super difficult for me when I told him last night where I expect awkwardness the rest of the way. Telling me to "think it over, you've built so much here to possibly make a bad decision by leaving"
eyes.gif

I told him 401K was being offered to me and he goes "If that's something they are offering we can work on that here". So, if I NEVER brought it up, that just shows he would have never extended the offer to me.

I just want to get in there this morning, tell him I've truly committed to my decision to leave, and keep it moving. I don't want to burn any bridges either.
Dude sounds like a female, trying to guilt trip you and all.

You are absolutely correct about the 401k. See how he only reacted when you basically let him know you can do better?

Don't burn any bridges when you leave, but also realize that not all bosses take the high road by congratulating their employees and wishing them well. There are some very emotional people out there who act first on emotions rather than logic.

Don't burn any bridges when you leave, but also realize that not all bosses take the high road by congratulating their employees and wishing them well. There are some very emotional people out there who act first on emotions rather than logic.

I hear you on this. He's coming off as very inconsiderate of my wishes and selfish against my decision. I told him my start date was the 19th, though it's really the 27th because I plan to take that week to just chill out, get my head right and ready. He's trying to guilt me into staying that week on some "It's the holidays, you're leaving me in a bind here", also said "Two weeks notice, you're not doing any favors that's the norm" :rolleyes

I hear you on this. He's coming off as very inconsiderate of my wishes and selfish against my decision. I told him my start date was the 19th, though it's really the 27th because I plan to take that week to just chill out, get my head right and ready. He's trying to guilt me into staying that week on some "It's the holidays, you're leaving me in a bind here", also said "Two weeks notice, you're not doing any favors that's the norm" :rolleyes
:lol: :lol: Screw this guy. There is no relationship to save, he's gonna hold this against you forever.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Screw this guy. There is no relationship to save, he's gonna hold this against you forever.
Basically. 
laugh.gif

@macbk -- If you gave notice this past Monday, your last day should be the 16th. Either way, stay firm on your last day being the 16th. There's nothing else to discuss and his feelings are irrelevant to you at this point.

Your boss can hold this L while you suck some farts out of female butts during your week off.

Last edited:
Quick question. In anyone's experience is it normal for a job to not disclose the pay scale? They provided me with the starting salary, but said they couldn't tell me any more regarding the increases. Something about me not being an employee and privacy.

Quick question. In anyone's experience is it normal for a job to not disclose the pay scale? They provided me with the starting salary, but said they couldn't tell me any more regarding the increases. Something about me not being an employee and privacy.
Pretty sure most firms only tell you the salary of the gig you're applying for.

Last edited:
It's not standard practice to do so, which is why I'm a proponent of sharing your comp with your coworkers. It's the only way to know if you're under paid or not and then can leverage that later on.

It's not standard practice to do so, which is why I'm a proponent of sharing your comp with your coworkers. It's the only way to know if you're under paid or not and then can leverage that later on.
I've found white people don't broach this $$$ topic. I feel I'm being way underpaid.

I've found white people don't broach this $$$ topic. I feel I'm being way underpaid.
I'm very tinfoil hat when it comes to this subject. The subject of comp became taboo to help keep comp down.

In the past I was dealing with the public sector so I could just go online since it was public information. This opportunity to join a company is private so that info isn't as easily accessible. I went on glassdoor but mthe position I'm being considered for isn't posted. I'll just leave on good terms and if the pay isn't suitable, I can go back.

Man it's a lot of people that don't and it's stupid. The one coworker who didn't want to let people know how much he was getting paid was getting underpaid with us and he didn't realize it till a year later after we asked and he didn't want to say. They were dogging him too.

:lol: :lol: Screw this guy. There is no relationship to save, he's gonna hold this against you forever.

Basically.  :lol:

@macbk
-- If you gave notice this past Monday, your last day should be the 16th. Either way, stay firm on your last day being the 16th. There's nothing else to discuss and his feelings are irrelevant to you at this point.

Your boss can hold this L while you suck some farts out of female butts during your week off.

:lol: Yeah I reminded him again yesterday before I left for the day that the 16th is my final day, couldn't swing it another week. He went on to ask if I can come in Sunday the 18th to alleviate pressure for them on Monday :rolleyes going to hit him with "prior commitments, can't shake them off" plans. Tho, it's really none of his business at that point, especially because I won't be an employee any longer.

Basically.  :lol:

@macbk
-- If you gave notice this past Monday, your last day should be the 16th. Either way, stay firm on your last day being the 16th. There's nothing else to discuss and his feelings are irrelevant to you at this point.

:lol: Yeah I reminded him again yesterday before I left for the day that the 16th is my final day, couldn't swing it another week. He went on to ask if I can come in Sunday the 18th to alleviate pressure for them on Monday :rolleyes going to hit him with "prior commitments, can't shake them off" plans. Tho, it's really none of his business at that point, especially because I won't be an employee any longer.

Your boss sounds like scorned female. Coming in on a damn Sunday to do extra work all while he gives you a stupid attitude and bitterness?

Nah, enjoy your weekend and your week off. Make sure you get your paycheck through the 16th.

Your boss sounds like scorned female. Coming in on a damn Sunday to do extra work all while he gives you a stupid attitude and bitterness?

Nah, enjoy your weekend and your week off. Make sure you get your paycheck through the 16th.

He's come off as selfish and slighting of my decision since I told him. Had he at all gave me words of encouragement, I would have considered the Sunday for a few hours. But nope, not happening.

Yeah we get paid every Wednesday so I should see next weeks pay the following Wednesday after.. as I sleep in on my mini-vaca :lol: .

Last edited:
This lady interviewed on Tuesday was hired yesterday. Clearly I'm as replaceable as the next person and my boss finally realized that :lol: .

Last edited:
This lady interviewed on Tuesday was hired yesterday. Clearly I'm as replaceable as the next person and my boss finally realized that
laugh.gif
Enjoy your week off. Find time to suck a few farts out of butts. Flourish in the new role.

Last edited:
It is not their legal obligation to tell you the pay scale, so chances are they have not told their current employees either. 

Why I recommend anyone have management/hiring experience to see how these companies fleece folks.

Every company has a set of standards for negotiation and "wiggle" room regarding offers. 

Also, they can just flat out lie to you as well. My boy works at a firm and he countered, they said non-negotiable. Turns out after he was hired, for other employees it was.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any interview tips for someone looking for sdr/bdr(sales/business development rep) role at saas/ technology company?

Got to the final interview last week with a tech company but didnt get the job. Have similar interview lined up and dont wanna blow my chance again. Thanks.

Last edited:
Well I'll find out soon enough. I accepted the offerand told 2 supervisors last week they kept it close to the chest, then I tell the supervisor who hired me and I come in today and half the job knows about it like come on... Oh well 12 sick days to burn so I'll have long weekends for the next few weeks.

Well I'll find out soon enough. I accepted the offerand told 2 supervisors last week they kept it close to the chest, then I tell the supervisor who hired me and I come in today and half the job knows about it like come on... Oh well 12 sick days to burn so I'll have long weekends for the next few weeks.
This is why I don't tell anyone at work anything about my personal life, what my goals are, etc.

Just ridiculous that people can't keep their mouths shut.

Back
Top Bottom