Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

HnimQgQy

Probably a bit off-topic, but curious what y'all think:

Co-workers all had a heated 20-minute argument over whether there should be 1 or 2 spaces after a sentence.

The older folks said 2 spaces, while the 20yo's said 1 space.

What do you guys think?
2 spaces was used for typewriters. It's an outdated standard. Most style guides will tell you to use 1 space.

This is the correct answer.

Y'all, I've been unemployed since May '16 then I've started applying endlessly.

Countless interviews with no luck and just not meeting their criteria.

Tmrw is my next interview after so long. A phone interview at that. This being my first phone interview ever, any tips you guys might have? I hope I do well.

Only thing I can think of is have some questions and answers written down on a piece of paper before you take the call. That way you won't be stuttering or pausing a lot during the interview

cant wait to get more experience under my belt.. i be seeing my same positions with 6 figure pay all cuz of 3-4 + years of experience :smh: and :pimp: at the same time :lol:

It depends on what type phone interview it is.
A brief interview to get to know you or an actual interview taking over the phone

But be calm, have your resume/questions in front of you, and kill the interview.

Only thing I can think of is have some questions and answers written down on a piece of paper before you take the call. That way you won't be stuttering or pausing a lot during the interview

It depends on what type phone interview it is.
A brief interview to get to know you or an actual interview taking over the phone

But be calm, have your resume/questions in front of you, and kill the interview.

Thanks a lot I've done some research about the company first, so there's my start. The interview is for a manufacturing company. They also provide a mechanical engineering Co-op. I've applied for a CNC position and the mechanical engineering Co-op position. One thing I'm definitely going to ask is about room for improvement because I'm already going to school for mechanical engineering. If there is, I'm going to push for the co-op for the next semester.

update-- i think i did well on the phone interview. not bad for my first time imo. she asked about my previous work place and since it was for manufacturing, she proceeded to tell me my requirements are more than enough for the position im applying for. Pays more than my previous job along with room for improvement in the future. I feel content so far. Also, she said she'll forward the interview to the hiring manager which im assuming is a good sign.
Although it sounds good so far, from reading this thread, I know not to have high hopes. Im still gonna apply to other places and see what other opportunities can be had!.
good luck to everyone else!

ill update once I hear back from the interviewer/HM.

i have a interview lined up for a job that i dont need anymore... what should i do fam i dont feel like going because i already know im not gonna take it :lol:

i have a interview lined up for a job that i dont need anymore... what should i do fam i dont feel like going because i already know im not gonna take it
laugh.gif
If you 100% know you're not going to take it, just withdraw. They will have someone else lined up to go within two hours.

looking for something in Los Angeles rn :smh:

no degree... honestly im tryna get into the bartending industry.. anyone on here own any bars or work at any? :lol: :lol:

SRS :nerd: :nerd:

i have a interview lined up for a job that i dont need anymore... what should i do fam i dont feel like going because i already know im not gonna take it :lol:
If you 100% know you're not going to take it, just withdraw. They will have someone else lined up to go within two hours.

their website has no withdraw options and all the emails i get from them are the automated ones that i cant reply to

ill just dig up something and email a cancellation to whoever i guess :lol:

Last edited:
Went in for an interview in the city yesterday. Everything was going great. Then I had 2 assessments that I did. Good

Spoke to 5 people. Good. Last guy I spoke to was just a real h0e man. Str8 up. Acting like my commute is a huge deal from jersey. When it's not that serious. By bus it's like 45 mins no traffic

Anyways he doesn't believe I lived in my town. He wanted to see my id. Then he says I'm gonna get bored working here and leave him. If I would work there it would be for a minimum of 1 year. If I leave before then I will burn my bridge and can't get a reference

He tells me some more bs. Then I eventually said that I was still interviewing elsewhere. He says well this discussion is over with. You just wasted my time.

So I tell him that I never got an offer. So?

Hes like we'll you're old enough troy. You should know this. And then I said no I don't assume anything. Especially with a job opportunity. No one told me I was being offered anything and I'm not going to assume I got a job here because I spoke to a few people

Then he's like go email hr and tell them this. Otherwise goodbye

Y'all, I've been unemployed since May '16 then I've started applying endlessly.

Countless interviews with no luck and just not meeting their criteria.

Tmrw is my next interview after so long. A phone interview at that. This being my first phone interview ever, any tips you guys might have? I hope I do well.

When's the last time u revamped your resume? And what have you been doing while unemployed? Have you been learning new skills or enhancing yourself?

Went in for an interview in the city yesterday. Everything was going great. Then I had 2 assessments that I did. Good

Spoke to 5 people. Good. Last guy I spoke to was just a real h0e man. Str8 up. Acting like my commute is a huge deal from jersey. When it's not that serious. By bus it's like 45 mins no traffic

Anyways he doesn't believe I lived in my town. He wanted to see my id. Then he says I'm gonna get bored working here and leave him. If I would work there it would be for a minimum of 1 year. If I leave before then I will burn my bridge and can't get a reference

He tells me some more bs. Then I eventually said that I was still interviewing elsewhere. He says well this discussion is over with. You just wasted my time.

So I tell him that I never got an offer. So?

Hes like we'll you're old enough troy. You should know this. And then I said no I don't assume anything. Especially with a job opportunity. No one told me I was being offered anything and I'm not going to assume I got a job here because I spoke to a few people

Then he's like go email hr and tell them this. Otherwise goodbye
Guy sounds like an a-hole all stuck in his emotions.

You may have dodged a bullet honestly. Did you get an official rejection email?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom