Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Got rejected after the last round of interviews for a consultancy firm
mean.gif
 Thought i killed both the interview and the test
It happens.

Keep pursuing other leads.

It happens.

Keep pursuing other leads.
Yup, already started reaching out to some others in the field 

Quite the blow to the confidence 
The job search is like anything else in life.

The more options you have / are generating, the less you'll be fazed when one falls through.

This applies most directly to the birds.

Last edited:
 I heard stories about the place being like jail
You do have to sacrifice time with curfew and all. But you still can maintain. I know cats that make 40+hr from HEM(union)straight out their program. Job corps a nice plug if you utilize it. They should pay their staff more and abolish the dress code. Wearing a tie everyday was fn annoying

im filling out paperwork for this airport gig but just got an email saying I'm hired for the post office. if the job is definite should i ask to change my position at the airport or say I'm no longer interested?

@cucumbercool  .... so ideally you would like to have both gigs? if you haven't negotiated schedule for the airport then it should be easy enough to schedule around the post office. the conventional thought is you only turn-down a gig once you absolutely have a gig in hand and have negotiated pay/schedule etc. Having worked for the public sector before you will want to find out what the post office's requirement is for a secondary job. Sometimes with public sector gigs there are restrictions on what type of secondary job you can have or the need to just report that you have one. 

@cucumbercool
 .... so ideally you would like to have both gigs? if you haven't negotiated schedule for the airport then it should be easy enough to schedule around the post office. the conventional thought is you only turn-down a gig once you absolutely have a gig in hand and have negotiated pay/schedule etc. Having worked for the public sector before you will want to find out what the post office's requirement is for a secondary job. Sometimes with public sector gigs there are restrictions on what type of secondary job you can have or the need to just report that you have one. 

right, right, right. usps said nothing in delivery i.e. fedex, ups. thjs would be cargo loading. airport i applied for full time though, when or could i ask to be part time or ask when i can work a position that's part time?

Post office doesn't believe in part time, overtime is mandatory most of the times two hours, if your delivering maybe like a hour extra

At the airport after a certain time 6 months I believe you can do day trades and work as much or minimum you want, my father works at both the airport and post office the airport is his part time he goes 3 days a week

Just got word Friday that some budget cuts were made and my territory was included. My position will end 6/30.so lame because I moved here in January specifically for this job. It was a nationwide cut so I'm assuming a few hundred spots were removed. I'm not totally bummed because I've got something to keep food on the table (uber eats) until something solid comes in. They say that there's a 3 month assignment under the company that we would have a good chance at securing, so I may hop on that to buy time.

Picked up an offer for a new job and I start tomorrow but I got a quick question for y'all. How do you go about negotiating your salary? They offered to start me on hourly pay which is cool but it is less than what I was making at my previous job. So I'm wondering how I can ask about bumping up the hourly pay without being viewed as a **** and them ultimately taking the offer on table.

Picked up an offer for a new job and I start tomorrow but I got a quick question for y'all. How do you go about negotiating your salary? They offered to start me on hourly pay which is cool but it is less than what I was making at my previous job. So I'm wondering how I can ask about bumping up the hourly pay without being viewed as a **** and them ultimately taking the offer on table.

Ask for what you feel you deserve and counter offer professionally of course. Don't be shy or your going to be mad every paycheck on what you "should" be getting.

Hey guys, I'm back after a few years. Im currently in the film industry but want to change to IT due to the inconsistency or work and the fact that my priorities have changed drastically. I am a lot older and I would also like yo have a job that is more flexible in terms of where I can live.

What do I need to do in order to make this transition into this world? I would like to work in either cyber security or something similar.

First day without my manager who left this past Friday after being with the company for 11 years.

Won't lie when I say I'm nervous, but if I can hold my own while the new manager gets acclimated, I think it will pay off for me in the long run :smokin .

Ask for what you feel you deserve and counter offer professionally of course. Don't be shy or your going to be mad every paycheck on what you "should" be getting.

Agreed ^ you should say something along the lines of "I really am excited for this opportunity but unfortunately I can't go lower than what I was making previously. Is there room to increase the salary to at least meet that pay rate?". Granted sometimes ya need to leave a job for circumstances other than money, but you shouldn't settle for less than you were once making.

Had an interview with Salesforce last month here in Indy didn't get the job even though I knew like 6 people that worked there 
mean.gif
. Interview was tough though **** took 2 hours and there was a mock sales phone call that I could've performed better on. In all, I don't feel bad I just feel like I wasn't good enough which isn't the case. I was super nervous man ppl my age brining in around $85k on average first year which is really good for Indianapolis. 

I'll just keep my current gig 

Had an interview with Salesforce last month here in Indy didn't get the job even though I knew like 6 people that worked there 
mean.gif
. Interview was tough though **** took 2 hours and there was a mock sales phone call that I could've performed better on. In all, I don't feel bad I just feel like I wasn't good enough which isn't the case. I was super nervous man ppl my age brining in around $85k on average first year which is really good for Indianapolis. 

I'll just keep my current gig 
It's all a learning experience, fam.

Now that you're reflecting back on it, you know what to do / not to do next time.

how do you properly/politely turn down a job?
Thank them for their time, it was a pleasure meeting with Mr./Ms. ____ and learning about the company and the position. Simply say you found another opportunity that's more aligned with your career path at the moment. And you'll keep them in mind if you start looking for positions in the future.

Be polite and never close the door. You never know what the future holds. I still keep in contact with recruiters that sought me out for offers I turned down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom