Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

I questioned my pay raise since they only gave me 3%. Inflation and cost of living and I value myself higher than what they try to give me.

They didn't budge so I told them I'll be looking elsewhere and to give me a week to decide

Cheap bastards

So I’m graduating later in May and this will be my first attempt at coming back into the workforce since I left the military and went to school full time…….my gap since working will be almost 6 years….is that a big red flag in the hiring process? Or not really since I’m in a new field anyway so I get treated like a fresh grad?
Na, I would tell the hiring team what you just posted. I left the military and was focusing on school during the gap.

I questioned my pay raise since they only gave me 3%. Inflation and cost of living and I value myself higher than what they try to give me.

They didn't budge so I told them I'll be looking elsewhere and to give me a week to decide

Cheap bastards
We got 1.5% raises

Cheap bastards
A week to decide what? If you’ll quit? Do you have another offer already?

Throwing out ultimatums is tricky. Even if you stay you’ve already planted the seed that you are ready and willing to move on. Just be prepared for the company to call your bluff.

Very early in my career I was working in a call center. There was another department I wanted to get transferred to because I had prior experience (and didn’t want to work phones all day). Supervisor said I could get transferred after 2 years, maybe 1 year with great performance. I was basically “let go”after the 2 week orientation period citing it wasn’t a good fit. Supervisor told me to write up a formal transfer request that they then twisted as my resignation. I was young and dumb but did get a nice check for doing no work.

Yeah, I think you’re better off just laying low and finding a better paying job.

I don’t know the exact figures but I know people who go to higher paying jobs vs asking for a raise make a lot more.

^^you're good. In fact, being a veteran may give you a leg up on the competition since there are federal incentives for hiring veterand.

Cheap bastards

Let me guess at what they told you. "We truly value you here. You a key contributor to our overall success".

Yeah, I think you’re better off just laying low and finding a better paying job.

I don’t know the exact figures but I know people who go to higher paying jobs vs asking for a raise make a lot more.
When I was brought in my first boss told me straight up don't ever expect anything larger than ~2% and that has been my experience everywhere I go. Gotta move to get paid.

I am weighing this myself right now. A year from now I will be in a new role regardless whether I stay with my company or not. Staying is a disadvantage for pay because HR knows how much I currently make and even if I get multiple offers internally they aint negotiating against themselves.

Searching for a new job, applying and interviewing before leaving your current one >>>>>>>>>
This is me, except that now, I have to sneak out of the office to go to interviews.

I wonder if they've already noticed that I'm taking way more days off/WFH than usual :lol: Bout to get real sick in the coming weeks.
Let me guess at what they told you. "We truly value you here. You a key contributor to our overall success".
"Look at all the money you made us last year! Look at all the money you're gonna make us this year!"

"Cool, what about increasing my paycheck to make me not look at your competitors?"

"You're like family"

My boy goes out and gets job offers with the pay in writing and shows it to his boss and says pay me that or I’m gone. He’s been at that job 7 years and doubled his pay.

Something tells me that wouldn’t fly in corporate America though.

My boy goes out and gets job offers with the pay in writing and shows it to his boss and says pay me that or I’m gone. He’s been at that job 7 years and doubled his pay.

Something tells me that wouldn’t fly in corporate America though.

It absolutely does. It’s actually the BEST way to get a raise if you’re valued.

You literally just tell your supervisor you’ve gotten an offer that you have to consider based on the compensation, but you would like to stay.

If they value you, a matching or better offer will be in your hand that week.

Cheap bastards

You’re potentially creating a bad situation for yourself. I understand you feel slighted, but you’re cutting off your nose too slow your face with that kind of response.

You may know someone interested.

Sharing a great opportunity!
The FAA will be hiring Air Traffic Controllers soon. Applications open June 24-27. so if u know some young folks between 18-30 tell them to go to www.faa.gov/be-atc
Salary range between $103-164k. Paid training and school.
And an extra side note: the FAA will train, has great benefits and is looking for people of color. Praying in advance that this will be a blessing to someone.
Enjoy the day!

The FAA will be hiring Air Traffic Controllers soon. Applications open June 24-27. so if u know some young folks between 18-30 tell them to go to www.faa.gov/be-atc
And an extra side note: the FAA will train, has great benefits and is looking for people of color. Praying in advance that this will be a blessing to someone.
Enjoy the day!
citizens only :stoneface:

Enjoy the day!
Great post, great opportunity. Stressful job but will bank eventually. Paid training is a blessing.

Back
Top Bottom