Joe Mauer.

^ I mean... he walked 25 guys, but that's HIS fault. Those 25 guys can't say 'Yeah, I owned that fool tonight.
smokin.gif
Got a couple walks offhim."

He walked 25, but no one got a hit off him. That's pretty damn impressive.

And of course a perfect game is more impressive.
laugh.gif
I'd say pitching a perfect game would be the #1 sports accomplishment I could achieve if I were giventhe choice to achieve anything.

And if I could do it in the World Series, that'd be killer (word to Larsen).

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

laugh.gif

i threw a no-no when i was 12. about the 4th inning, every kid on my team was like "dude, you got a no-hitter going!"

i was like "shut the #%$$ up."

Such language at a young age, tsk tsk.

laugh.gif

i threw a no-no when i was 12. about the 4th inning, every kid on my team was like "dude, you got a no-hitter going!"

laugh.gif

When i was in Little League, had a kid who basically was a phenom at that age and just didn't care about anything, would just go out and throw.

He walks a batter late in the game...and our catcher was one of those kids who knew everything to know about baseball..So..

He takes a step off the mount, and yells in to the catcher..

"I walked him, but do I still have a no hitter?"

Catcher says yeah...and then he proceeds to finish it off to get it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

When i was in Little League, had a kid who basically was a phenom at that age and just didn't care about anything, would just go out and throw.

He walks a batter late in the game...and our catcher was one of those kids who knew everything to know about baseball..So..

He takes a step off the mount, and yells in to the catcher..

"I walked him, but do I still have a no hitter?"

Catcher says yeah...and then he proceeds to finish it off to get it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i was catching one time and our pitcher just walked a guy, itwas like the 4th or 5th inning. so i run out to the mound and he's like "i just ruined my perfect game...but i still got a no-hitter going."

i was thinking to myself "what an idiot" and said something like "nah, you gave up that 2 out double in the second," just making some BS upknowing that wasn't true, trying to take his mind off it. he kinda believed me, but after that inning he goes and checks the scoring book and comes backto me and tells me he's still got it. well, he didn't get it.
smh.gif

if a pitcher has a no-no going, you don't talk about it, you don't talk to him, you don't even sit by him in the dugout.

and off topic, but i loved catching...i was like Kevin Costner in Bull Durham out there.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom