Joey Bada$$ 1999 mixtape

I skimmed through the rest of the tape and was like mehhhh....I was disappointed that The Underachievers didn't make the tape. However Joey's track and the Pro Era track are dope!

Last edited:
^ Cool vid there. Hoping they do one for School High, Like Water, and Start to Finish.

New Joey off Statik Selektah's upcoming album featuring Raekwon and Black Thought. Was so hyped when I saw/heard this collab

apologies for not knowing how to embed.

^That track is on point. I love Joey's delivery....

I saw him last night at the Highline and he and the rest of Pro Era put on a great show. Joey really has improved his stage presence since I saw him last time when he came out at Kendricks Terminal 5 show last summer.

I will post a video I took later.

^That is great news. I am so ready to hear more information on that album. Here is the video I shot from his performance at the Highline Ballroom the other night:

he already having ego issues 
roll.gif

he already having ego issues :rofl:

Dude was a herb when I met him, CJ seemed iight. I like their music a lot, but they rubbed me the wrong way ever since that meet and greet.

Lessons learned. Don't stand in lines for 17 year olds :stoneface:

Took a sick day for nothing.

I applaud Joey for what he said and I feel him on this issue. He won't come out and directly say it but he feels he is more talented than TJ and I think both of their bodies of work speaks for itself. He doesn't feel like he should be below him on the bill and thats fine. I don't think that means he has "ego issues". It simply means he is confident in his body of work and has a strong belief of where he should be.

Be Easy, why do you say Joey is a herb and what exactly went wrong at the meet and greet session you attended? Just curious.

When you like the artist what he says is cool..
When you don't, he's just being "cocky" or "arrogant"..

I mean obviously he's a better artist than TJ. Even TJ knows that. He should have let it slide though, take the high road. TJ probably a cool dude, just keep it moving you getting paid regardless.

I mean obviously he's a better artist than TJ. Even TJ knows that. He should have let it slide though, take the high road. TJ probably a cool dude, just keep it moving you getting paid regardless.

TJ is a cool dude

One of the humblest rappers i ever met

Joey is a dickhead.

He's not even that nice either..steez was better(RIP)

Agreed. I am just waiting to hear examples of how Joey is a jerk or "rubbed people the wrong way."

I think sometimes we forget that artists are people just like us and they have bad days. I think people/fans have unrealistic expectations regarding artists and how they should be. I personally can care less what an artist is like as I have no desire to ever interact with them. All I care about is the quality of music they produce.

Agreed. I am just waiting to hear examples of how Joey is a jerk or "rubbed people the wrong way."

I think sometimes we forget that artists are people just like us and they have bad days. I think people/fans have unrealistic expectations regarding artists and how they should be. I personally can care less what an artist is like as I have no desire to ever interact with them. All I care about is the quality of music they produce.

I agree with this to an extent. But the only thing that makes you money is the fans in the end. If you don't treat the people that buy your music with at least some respect then don't be mad when they don't buy your albums no matter how good they are. All it takes is being nice to a fan to make them buy your albums for life. I remember going to an atmosphere show years ago and Slug came out and kicked it with the people that showed up early to wait in line and he grabbed a beer with us after the show and just chilled. He made me a fan for life.

I agree with this to an extent. But the only thing that makes you money is the fans in the end. If you don't treat the people that buy your music with at least some respect then don't be mad when they don't buy your albums no matter how good they are. All it takes is being nice to a fan to make them buy your albums for life. I remember going to an atmosphere show years ago and Slug came out and kicked it with the people that showed up early to wait in line and he grabbed a beer with us after the show and just chilled. He made me a fan for life.

Don't get me wrong I hear you and I agree that fans are important and they should be treated with respect. I just acknowledge the fact that some of the artists that I like may not be nice people and I am fine with that. At the same time I don't think its fair to judge an artist you meet off of one experience as well.

Don't get me wrong I hear you and I agree that fans are important and they should be treated with respect. I just acknowledge the fact that some of the artists that I like may not be nice people and I am fine with that. At the same time I don't think its fair to judge an artist you meet off of one experience as well.

:smokin

qft

Back
Top Bottom