Joey Bada$$ 1999 mixtape

Say brain what u wan do tonight ...same thing we do every night pinky ...try to take over the world! Who the f passed u the mic..this is hip hop!

Just went thru a 2 hr listening session of 1999 & Summer Knights, definitely good to hear his progression and changes listening to the projects back to back. The production on Summer Knights is :pimp:

Somebody else needs to rap over that "Right On Time" beat :nerd: He really didn't do it justice IMO

^I gotta take a listen to both projects back to back sometime soon. I cant stop playing SK though....might be my favorite hip-hop project this year.

Somebody else needs to rap over that "Right On Time" beat
nerd.gif
He really didn't do it justice IMO
I'll do it. 
nerd.gif

Just went thru a 2 hr listening session of 1999 & Summer Knights, definitely good to hear his progression and changes listening to the projects back to back. The production on Summer Knights is :pimp:

Somebody else needs to rap over that "Right On Time" beat :nerd: He really didn't do it justice IMO

I thought he killed that song.

New mix tape is fire.  Better than "1999".  His best work to date.  "Hilary Swank" is 
pimp.gif
.  Lee Bannon needs more props.  He's easily one of the best producers right now.

Didn't even know he was releasing a mixtape lol, checking this out right now.

Hoping for good things, Unorthodox is seriously one of my favorite songs of the year.

Mixtape is GREAT, love the production :pimp:

On a side note, I have a feeling Joey is gonna be one of those artists who drop classic mixtapes but so-so albums.. :\

Last edited:
Steez song is dope. I hope they plan on dropping his material.

Loving Summer Knights after getting to hear it many times

My favorites are Alowha, Death of YOLO, Sweet Dreams, Sit N Prey, Trap Dour, 95 Til Infinity, Reign, and LongLiveSteelo.

On a side note, I have a feeling Joey is gonna be one of those artists who drop classic mixtapes but so-so albums.. :\

I would worry about that more if he wasn't going the independent route. But as long as he doesn't have label pressure or gets into a label situation where he has total creative control like Kendrick got then I think he will make great albums.

I would worry about that more if he wasn't going the independent route. But as long as he doesn't have label pressure or gets into a label situation where he has total creative control like Kendrick got then I think he will make great albums.

Aka not Roc Nation, hope he stands by that choice of not signing to them.

Aka not Roc Nation, hope he stands by that choice of not signing to them.

Yeah I hope so too. Its crazy because I thought about a year ago RN would be a great look for him but now I do not feel that way. I think he and Jay both knew at the time it wouldn't be a good fit. I really think Joey is committed to putting out the music that he wants to put out and will wait for the right opportunity if he goes with a major. I do believe that if he is patient like Kendrick was the right opportunity will come.

We're ordinary people but extraordinary poets...joey dropping gems right on time for the summer..this mixtape is flames

Back
Top Bottom