Johan Santana or Tim Lincecum

Fantasy wise. Who will be better this year and why. I think Johan will have more wins, but Lincecum will have the lower ERA and higher K rate. Your thoughts?

Johan...I'm biased though.

Although, there is some logic in picking Johan because who knows how much offensive help Linecum will get from the rest of the Giants.

I went with Timmy without second guessing. Not sure Johan can stay healthy for the entire season. That division will be tough this season. He'sgonna have to outduel some good pitchers.

I don't know if a difference of say, four or five wins, makes that big of a difference to me making this pick. If anything, the Giants offense coming upwith regular 1-2-3 innings keeps Timmy in a good groove/pace
laugh.gif

I'm going to go with Lincecum's ridiculous K and ERA potential, especially in the NL West. As objectively as I can look at it though, it's reallylike Tim 1a and Johan 1b. I like Timmy that much better because I can watch all of his starts and actually root for him.

Lincecum no question. more reliable and and excellent pitcher who hasn't peaked yet.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Lincecum no question. more reliable and and excellent pitcher who hasn't peaked yet.
Lincecum is "more reliable" when he's had one good season to Santana's, what, seven?

Exactly my thoughts. How exactly is Lincecum more reliable? You know exactly what you're going to get with Santana. 20 W, 3.00 ERA, 200K's
Lincecum had a great year and has a lot of potential, but we've seen plenty of guys have 1 good season and then go down hill.

Lincecum

You won't get much wins though. Actually, you won't get much wins with either lineup (Giants or Mets).
laugh.gif

Draft Lincecum then trade him at the All-Star break for Santana. You get the best of the worlds. Santana is by far a betters second half pitcher.

How anyone says a guy who had one great year over a guy who has consistently been the best pitcher in baseball for the past 5 years. And Johan was a betterpitcher last year he just never got support from the Mets.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

How anyone says a guy who had one great year over a guy who has consistently been the best pitcher in baseball for the past 5 years. And Johan was a better pitcher last year he just never got support from the Mets.
And Lincecum got the support from the giants?
eyes.gif

the one thing that separates this argument completely is the Mets are a better team that the Giants by far. Thus meaning more runs will come from the Metsbats. They sured up that bullpen that cost Santana 8 wins last year. I think Santana is the safer bet RIGHT NOW.

Originally Posted by l smokecity l

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

How anyone says a guy who had one great year over a guy who has consistently been the best pitcher in baseball for the past 5 years. And Johan was a better pitcher last year he just never got support from the Mets.
And Lincecum got the support from the giants?
eyes.gif
Truth, the Giants practically have the same lineup as last year and produced the least amount of runs in the league. And if you followed theGiants last year, you would know that the Giants always give Lincecum the support he needs. Hell, Lincecum dropped seven RBI's himself. So I would takeLincecum because yes, I followed his season last year and know the Giants can help him win. Johan isn't a bad choice either.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

the one thing that separates this argument completely is the Mets are a better team that the Giants by far. Thus meaning more runs will come from the Mets bats. They sured up that bullpen that cost Santana 8 wins last year. I think Santana is the safer bet RIGHT NOW.
I really, really, really want to say Lincecum but this makes sense. Sure the Giants also upgraded their pen with the additions of Howry andAffeldt, but the offense is still a bit questionable. There's not denying the Mets' offense though. The run support for Johan > The run support forTimmy.

I would have to say Santana because he's done for it for awhile now. Also I think I read an article in The Sporting News Fantasy baseball preview annualthat Lincecum will probably hit a wall this season because his innings pitched went up way too much hast year. It had some pretty good data to back it up Checkit out.

Back
Top Bottom