John Elliott + Co Thread

i recently bought the washed black LA sweats
they are dope. would recommend
fitted more like normal sweatpants as opposed to joggers

That's where fashion is now. Baggier side of things. Joggers feel a bit outdated these days. I could be wrong though. The villain seems a bit outdated, even though I'm going to still rock mine lol.

That's where fashion is now. Baggier side of things. Joggers feel a bit outdated these days. I could be wrong though. The villain seems a bit outdated, even though I'm going to still rock mine lol.
true
i just could never wear joggers comfortably because of leg day
my escobars are somewhere hidden in my closet cause i never wear them

What are some essential JE pieces in your guys' opinions?

I got a few amount of pieces during the holidays and I like a lot of them, but I don't think I can justify their prices. Probably sending a good portion back. What are staples you guys think are worth it?

I'm not the type to spend a stack of cash on clothes, so this dude pricing mesh shorts at these prices is wild to me :lol: but I am a big fan of some of his stuff. Trying to be way less materialistic and go with the minimalist lifestyle and put my money to more worthwhile things, so I'll just invest in some staple pieces of JE.

And those dudes on Styleforum are wild. Literally stack up on JE pieces for the hell of it :lol:
Cast 2 denim for sure. Carbons in particular.

Villain is their staple hoodie, but I don't really wear mine anymore. Should probably sell them.

I wear the more relaxed hoodies much more. Vintage Fleece and Kake.

Don't have any of their tees or sweats.

Cast 2 denim for sure. Carbons in particular.

Villain is their staple hoodie, but I don't really wear mine anymore. Should probably sell them.

I wear the more relaxed hoodies much more. Vintage Fleece and Kake.

Don't have any of their tees or sweats.

LOL because of you I ordered a pair of Cast 2's off of the Mr.Porter sale. IIRC you wear alot of J. Crew jeans (I remember a comment I promise I'm not stalking you ) and you recently gave the cast 2's a good recommendation. so I jumped on the sale at 40% off. I'm sure its not the best price but they had my size and one pair left so I jumped. Hopefully they work for me.

LOL because of you I ordered a pair of Cast 2's off of the Mr.Porter sale. IIRC you wear alot of J. Crew jeans (I remember a comment I promise I'm not stalking you ) and you recently gave the cast 2's a good recommendation. so I jumped on the sale at 40% off. I'm sure its not the best price but they had my size and one pair left so I jumped. Hopefully they work for me.
Cast 2s are basically all I wear now. Would be surprised if you don't like them once they come in.

I own 3 pieces. Villain, full zip and cast 2. Wish I knew had the villain fit before I bought it. Need to size up since it fits slim unless you like that. Might sell for the low.

The cast 2 in carbon. Like a tapered fit but not super tight.

Depends on what you consider super tight. My JE's are the slimmest jeans I own, especially when you first get them (they'll break in a bit). You may want to check out the measurements on the JE website to see if they'll actually work for you and what you're trying to accomplish.

I only say this because I feel like there are certain things I can't do with my JE denim, like wear them over regularly shaped / sized boots (Allen Edmonds Higgins Mill), as the leg opening is too small / tight. They look better with sneakers or slimmer profile boots/shoes (CP Chelseas etc). They don't look as good with Red Wing boots, or very chunky dad sneakers, etc.

Good to know yeah I primarily was planning on wearing with sneakers! Would you recommend sizing up? I’m usually a 36

I kept getting served a JE ad for sweatpants, but I knew his prices were higher so I never looked. finally clicked and they are like $368 :sick::sick: they look super comfy tho :lol:

Good to know yeah I primarily was planning on wearing with sneakers! Would you recommend sizing up? I’m usually a 36

I go TTS (30). The waist isn't super tight for me, but I can't size down because the legs are already as tight as I want them to be (tight on my calves, mostly).

Debating on grabbing the cast 2 on end. Never paid $250 on a pair of pants but you guys are selling me lol.

Yeah I was eyeing those carbons too. But I already have a black pair of J crews that look similar (obviously not the same quality) and on top of that I'm getting my first pair of cast 2 this week so I need to slow down...lol there will be other sales. I've spent a fair amount on JE this sale season (Keke Mock in grey, Spec Fleece Hoodie and a Beach Hoodie in Ecru). All on sale but still hurts the pockets.

Yeah I was eyeing those carbons too. But I already have a black pair of J crews that look similar (obviously not the same quality) and on top of that I'm getting my first pair of cast 2 this week so I need to slow down...lol there will be other sales. I've spent a fair amount on JE this sale season (Keke Mock in grey, Spec Fleece Hoodie and a Beach Hoodie in Ecru). All on sale but still hurts the pockets.

Let me know how the cast 2's are once they come in and how they compare to your Jcrew jeans. How did you like the hoodies you got this sales season, compared to other hoodies you already own.

I kept getting served a JE ad for sweatpants, but I knew his prices were higher so I never looked. finally clicked and they are like $368 :sick::sick: they look super comfy tho :lol:
Must be those boucle ones. They look comfortable as hell but that price is wild :lol:

Let me know how the cast 2's are once they come in and how they compare to your Jcrew jeans. How did you like the hoodies you got this sales season, compared to other hoodies you already own.

So as far as the hoodies

- KaKe Mock - size Large- this is the first version I believe there is a Kake Mock 2. I got it in grey. So this one is strange. Its a "oversized fit" but I ordered a large as JE own website stated size down for a batter fit. I mean its a grey Hoddie but the fit seems cropped and the " triangular rib stand collar" takes some getting used to on reflection my lest favorite of the 3.

-Spec Fleece Hoodie - size Large- JE says its a beach Hoodie but it seems to fit a touch more relaxed than the Beach Hoodie I got. Whatever the case it feels good and I love the "speckled heather grey melange" It gives a unique look to yet another grey Hoddie. The fit is solidly relaxed.

-Beach Hoodie in Ecru - size Large- Funny when i first tried it on I thought it was just to tight. After literally a few more try on's to see if I'll keep it it now fits great still a little more snug than the above Spec Fleece Hoodie. Ecru seems to be a fancy word for tan but I dig the color. I will say this has the cut where the arms are a bit long. This is intentional and part of the styling as a relaxed comfy hoodie. It doesn't look bad at all.

All in all I'm happy. Are any of these worth full retail? IMHO opinion no. At a discount sure. JE has some unique styling in the basics. Sometimes you hate it sometimes it adds a bit of flare to the mundane. I will say I have hoodies from Reigning Champ and surprisingly J Crew that feel better made. Especially reigning Champ. The Crew I have is built like a tank. The J crew Garment-dyed French terry hoodies are probably the best value around. J crew got hip to it and they tend to dodge the frequent coupon codes. but on sale IMHO they are a steal and come in some really nice unusual colors. They don't have the JE styling but they feel really made well and are worth checking. I'll give my laymen s report on how the cast 2 match up to my workhorse J Crew 484 when i get them in.

1579457331021.png

have this rue hoodie size small for sale, pm if interested!

So as far as the hoodies

- KaKe Mock - size Large- this is the first version I believe there is a Kake Mock 2. I got it in grey. So this one is strange. Its a "oversized fit" but I ordered a large as JE own website stated size down for a batter fit. I mean its a grey Hoddie but the fit seems cropped and the " triangular rib stand collar" takes some getting used to on reflection my lest favorite of the 3.

-Spec Fleece Hoodie - size Large- JE says its a beach Hoodie but it seems to fit a touch more relaxed than the Beach Hoodie I got. Whatever the case it feels good and I love the "speckled heather grey melange" It gives a unique look to yet another grey Hoddie. The fit is solidly relaxed.

-Beach Hoodie in Ecru - size Large- Funny when i first tried it on I thought it was just to tight. After literally a few more try on's to see if I'll keep it it now fits great still a little more snug than the above Spec Fleece Hoodie. Ecru seems to be a fancy word for tan but I dig the color. I will say this has the cut where the arms are a bit long. This is intentional and part of the styling as a relaxed comfy hoodie. It doesn't look bad at all.

All in all I'm happy. Are any of these worth full retail? IMHO opinion no. At a discount sure. JE has some unique styling in the basics. Sometimes you hate it sometimes it adds a bit of flare to the mundane. I will say I have hoodies from Reigning Champ and surprisingly J Crew that feel better made. Especially reigning Champ. The Crew I have is built like a tank. The J crew Garment-dyed French terry hoodies are probably the best value around. J crew got hip to it and they tend to dodge the frequent coupon codes. but on sale IMHO they are a steal and come in some really nice unusual colors. They don't have the JE styling but they feel really made well and are worth checking. I'll give my laymen s report on how the cast 2 match up to my workhorse J Crew 484 when i get them in.
How were the cast 2's?

Back
Top Bottom