John Mayer "Born and Raised" 5/22/12 1st Single "Shadow Days"

My faucet is spewing out some new Mayer
nerd.gif

You trippin' if you didn't like Battle Studies. It wasn't his best album but it was still solid. Assassin stays on repeat.. can't wait for this one as well.

Originally Posted by hymen man

You trippin' if you didn't like Battle Studies. It wasn't his best album but it was still solid. Assassin stays on repeat.. can't wait for this one as well.
Word. Who Says... Assassin.... Perfectly Lonely... and dat Crossroads cover 
pimp.gif

I wish he would jam with his blues trio again, though
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Sportdelapolo

I can (like most people, I assume) really relate to this song...

laugh.gif
 so you made mistakes in your life and then moved past them? 
nerd.gif
eek.gif
 Song is generic as hell

Originally Posted by NaturalyLight

Originally Posted by Sportdelapolo

I can (like most people, I assume) really relate to this song...

laugh.gif
 so you made mistakes in your life and then moved past them? 
nerd.gif
eek.gif
 Song is generic as hell

Its just at this moment in my life it finally feels like everything is coming together, and i'm positive and proactive in all aspects of my life and it feels good, so yeah..hearing this song at this exact time, I can relate to it more now than ever.  If i heard it a couple years earlier or a couple years later, probably wouldn't have the same reaction.

I used to say "it doesnt get Gayer than Mayer" I have since changed my views. He has fast become one of my favorite artists

A Face To Call Home sound like a single to me 
pimp.gif

Walt Grace... is so infectious - the instrumentation, delivery, lyrics. That joint is an experience. Fun track.

I google'd that joint expecting it to be factual, thought he just dropped a history lesson on me... he made it all up
eek.gif
roll.gif

He's a beast with his storytelling

Enjoying this one.

As noted, the album is deliberately more "folky" than his past work.

"Speak For Me," "Born and Raised" (feat. David Crosby & Graham Nash), "Love Is A Verb," "Whiskey, Whiskey, Whiskey" and "A Face to Call Home" are highlights, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom