laugh.gif

Kids these days wear the dumbest things, what cna I say tho, I am 18

Originally Posted by DunkNForce

roll.gif

Like you waste our time with some Hypebeast wanksta
laugh.gif

Kids these days wear the dumbest things, what cna I say tho, I am 18

Cue the Mike Gundy post game interview.

Looks like someone missed the sarcasm in the picture. John Mayer is a funny dude though.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Is that even John Mayer?

i seen John Mayer up close (nh) at his concert, and i believe that pic up there is NOT him.

*edit*
just visited his website, and it is him. doesn't seem like his style tho.

so yeah, i admit that i was wrong.

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 26, 2007
bottomline_med.gif

"!$*%#%+!!"

IMG00231.jpg

Death to !$*%#%+!!
1 of a 129-part series on the year that was 2007,
By John Mayer

"!$*%#%+!!."

"What a !$*%#%+!!."

It feels good to say, "!$*%#%+!!." It's got two different plosive sounds, the "D" and "B", and nicely wedged between is awonderful "sh" sound (technically known as a voiceless palato-alveolar sibilant, at the risk of coming off douchey) that, when preceded with"oooooh", give your lips the sensation of sliding on a hardwood floor in a pair of woolen socks.

And "!$*%#%+!!" was on the vinegary tips of everyone's tongues this year. Trouble is, I'm not really clear on what it means, and Idon't know that anyone does. I know that I get called one. Pete Wentz from Fallout Boy, by measure of a google search, is a !$*%#%+!! 11,100 times over, orthe number of results that the search engine says exist. Zach Braff, who himself wrote one of the better films I've seen in the last decade is alsofrequently 'bagged, as is some guy named Brody Jenner. In fact, if you want to go big, so is Michael Stipe, Bono ("supreme !$*%#%+!!"), ThomYorke, Will Smith and Brad Pitt.

Are you as confused as I am as to what the common denominator of douchiness is? Is it someone that comes off obnoxious? Self aggrandizing? Ignorant? Or is itjust someone who exists out of another person's comfort zone? And doesn't that account for almost everyone in the world, celebrity or otherwise?Don't most people, given the fact that they're NOT US lie somewhere outside our comfort zone? Ohhhhh...OR...is being a !$*%#%+!! actually all abouthaving a bigger smile than someone else deems you deserve to in life? I think I'm onto something here. Stick with me.

In the case of Pete Wentz, whom I can comment on personally, I think the guy's got the job description of musician down pretty damn well. True,it's not your dad's rock star template, but he'd be inauthentic if he tried to fit inside it. Pete Wentz has a truckload of ideas. Big, bold,colorful ideas. They're ideas that have never once had their edges sanded down, and for that reason some people might find him or his band too much toswallow. You know who else had that going for them in their day? Frank Zappa. And David Bowie. And Peter Gabriel. And Elton John. And the Doors. Pretty muchevery rock band from A-Z existed because of their ignoring conventional boundaries. Pete's going to keep pretending. Because that's all art really is.You puff up your sense of pretend as big as you can and then try and live up to it. (Maybe that's what people think being a !$*%#%+!! is?)

I personally don't mind being called a !$*%#%+!!. I've met my fair share of bloggers, and I'm much, much taller than them. It's also becauseI need there to be some push on the castle walls, so to speak. I'm not happy when people agree. (Don't make me start listing the names of seminalartists that weren't either.) I think it's easier to call "!$*%#%+!!" than to confront the possibility that:

THERE ARE OTHER PERSONALITIES IN THIS WORLD THAT ARE NOT INHERENTLY SYMPATHETIC TO OUR OWN.

Maybe I should take this opportunity to define !$*%#%+!! once and for all; I think if enjoying your life as you choose happens to spill over into treatingothers without respect, then you're a total, world-class !$*%#%+!!.

But then wouldn't that also serve as a fitting description of the boy who cried "douche"?

Maybe it's just really fun to say.

John Mayer is a very talented artist. But I agree with the people in here. It is kinda pointless to post this dude in some hoodie. Big deal.
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom