John Salmons HEATED after yesterday's game....Artest chasing him down after game

Apparently Salmons was HEATED after the game, especially since he was relegated to the bench after averaging 20ppg without Artest and only attempting 4 shots.I knew Reggie Theus was gonna do this and IMO It's his fault. How the hell do you bench someone that has been as consistent as Salmons for Ron Artest? Ifanything, take out garbage$!%* Beno Udrih and keep Salmons and Artest in the starting 5. Rookie mistake by Theus and if he knows whats good for the team heshould put Salmons in the starting lineup.

My lineup

Beno Udrih or Francisco Garcia
Kevin Martin
John Salmons
Ron Artest
Brad Miller

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

I mean he is John Salmons...

laugh.gif

I really don't get why he left Moore in the starting line-up, dude has been trash this season. As you said, their line-up should be Udrih, Martin, Salmons,Artest and Miller right now.

I really don't get why he left Moore in the starting line-up, dude has been trash this season

bc JKidd will be coming over to SAC to make him look better...

Theus thinks this an episode of Hang Time, benching Salmons.

I think he'll come around, however. He's been dropped by 6000 teams in Yahoo leagues, but I'm holding onto him for the time being.

^True. John Salmons has been a solid contributor for the Kings since he arrived in Sacramento. He should be in the starting lineup. Martin, Artest, Salmons isa solid combo for the Kings to win some ball games.

I don't blame Theus. He made the right decision with the pieces he has. The Kings are horrendous on the boards. Putting Artest at the 4 does not help withthat. We play with a real 4 and 5, or instead of getting out-rebounded 50-30 its 60-20. Udrih is not as good all-around as Salmons, that's for sure, but heis a better point guard than Salmons. So that leaves Salmons competing with Kevin Martin and Ron Artest for starting jobs. Is he better than either of them?Will he help them win more games than either of them? No. Salmons could cry and cry all he wants about he averaged 20 points and so and so rebounds andassists--The Kings didn't win any games when he did all of that. Individual stats are worthless in the league if your team doesn't win. And of coursewith Artest and Bibby out, SOMEONE has to score the ball. Garbage Garcia is averaging almost 20 right now. It's all meaningless. Sadly, the starting lineupthat Theus used is the best the Kings can do at the moment. I'd like to see Hawes take Moore's place but the rookie still has a lot to prove.

Ohn really needed the opportunity to shine. It's kinda like letting him take a bite out of the Fillet Mignon, than taking it away.

Good news, we waived Greene today. Hooray.

Everytime I've seen Salmons get significant PT going back to PHI, he's always put up the #'s. Why hasn't he got any consistent burn? Are thereany character problems with him?

Is there more to the story of Artest chasing down Salmons? I can't really see Salmons wanting it with Artest to begin with....

Originally Posted by Beats05

I don't blame Theus. He made the right decision with the pieces he has. The Kings are horrendous on the boards. Putting Artest at the 4 does not help with that. We play with a real 4 and 5, or instead of getting out-rebounded 50-30 its 60-20. Udrih is not as good all-around as Salmons, that's for sure, but he is a better point guard than Salmons. So that leaves Salmons competing with Kevin Martin and Ron Artest for starting jobs. Is he better than either of them? Will he help them win more games than either of them? No. Salmons could cry and cry all he wants about he averaged 20 points and so and so rebounds and assists--The Kings didn't win any games when he did all of that. Individual stats are worthless in the league if your team doesn't win. And of course with Artest and Bibby out, SOMEONE has to score the ball. Garbage Garcia is averaging almost 20 right now. It's all meaningless. Sadly, the starting lineup that Theus used is the best the Kings can do at the moment. I'd like to see Hawes take Moore's place but the rookie still has a lot to prove.

Putting Artest at the 4 wouldn't hurt the Kings on the boards. Moore, their starting PF, only averages 4 rebounds per game. Artest is going to grab morethan that, and Salmons averages the same amount.
Is there more to the story of Artest chasing down Salmons? I can't really see Salmons wanting it with Artest to begin with....
Artest's return results in steamed Salmons in Kings' loss
[h3]By Sam Amick - [email protected][/h3]
Published 12:00 am PST Thursday, November 15, 2007
Story appeared in SPORTS section, Page C1

MINNEAPOLIS - John Salmons exited the locker room long before it was time to leave, storming past reporters and pacing down the Target Center hallway whilenone other than Ron Artest was close behind.

As if it wasn't evident enough in the Kings' 108-103 loss to Minnesota that the return of "Ron-Ron" didn't exactly go smoothlyWednesday night, the tension-filled postgame scene made it official. Artest - still wearing his jersey but sans sneakers - was playing the part of peacemaker,trying to corral the teammate whose frustration overflowed inside the locker room.

Salmons, who averaged 20.7 points and led the team in assists (4.0) while starting during Artest's seven-game absence, had just four points on 2-for-4shooting in his first game coming off the bench. And though he returned to the locker room after his quick exodus, Kings coach Reggie Theus said the largerquestion is whether Salmons can return to his productive ways in the new reserve role.

"He's got to make an adjustment," Theus said. "That's his role, and he's got to make an adjustment. There's really nothingmore you can say about it."

It was a point of concern for his teammates afterward, with all involved emphasizing finding a way to use Salmons' skills even if the incumbent starterwas back. Salmons did not speak to reporters.

"We've got to make sure that we keep John in there," Kings center Brad Miller said. "He did so well for us. He can do a lot for us. Hecan bring the ball up, guarding point guards, guarding big guys, doing a lot of things.

"That's what makes it tough when you get a guy like Ron back, who's kind of similar and (who has the) same type of (skills). But we need John,so that's something we need to work on."

There was plenty of room for improvement in this one.

Coming in, Theus had compared this matchup to "running into a buzz saw." It was a winless buzz saw, but Minnesota was on the brink of making thewrong kind of history and had not played since losing to the Kings in Sacramento on Saturday.

Sure enough, the 1-5 T-wolves avoided tying the franchise mark for the slowest start to a season by repeating one aspect of their game plan and adding a fewothers. They fed the beast otherwise known as Al Jefferson all night, and the 22-year-old Minnesota forward acquired in the offseason mega-trade with Bostonfeasted on the Kings' defense for 23 points on 11-for-16 shooting.

But third-year player Rashad McCants was the newest wrinkle, scoring a career-high 33 points after the North Carolina product didn't even start Saturdaybecause he was coming off of an ankle injury.

McCants did much of his inside-out damage while Kings shooting guard Kevin Martin was defending, but he even crossed Artest over multiple times. The firstcame midway through the first quarter, when McCants' move sent Artest falling backward into the paint. McCants screamed at himself, "Finish the ...play." It was not a long-term problem, as he finished 13 for 22 from the field and scored 14 fourth-quarter points.

"He was hungry for a win," Martin said. "They were all hungry for a win. He definitely made some good moves."

To say the least. McCants' 16-footer with 4:29 left in the fourth quarter put Minnesota ahead 88-87. One minute later, he drove past Artest for a layupthat extended the lead to four, hit a three-pointer over Martin to widen the lead to seven, then hit his last basket when he soared over Miller in the paintfor a driving layup and a 98-90 lead.

Artest had 17 points in his return, although the promised post play was infrequent considering its effectiveness. His best work down low came againstJefferson on defense, as the T-wolves' big man wasn't nearly as productive with Artest defending.

With 4:13 left, Artest lost his middle crown tooth for the second time in two weeks but finished the game. He tied Martin for the team lead with six assistsbut had five turnovers.

http://www.sacbee.com/351/story/493400.html

Back
Top Bottom