John Wall is TERRIBLE

Dude I live in MD I see him play all the time. He is a point guard, he gets a lot of assists. But he is still OC, he spends half the time running around like a headless chicken. Like I said, he gets the ball off a rebound, and is 0 to 60 to the other side of the court, and he will go at 2, 3, sometimes 4 defenders by himself! He needs to learn the MENTAL part of being a point guard. It's not just about getting assists. And Monta Ellis has led all SGs in assists the past 2 years.

If you have seen Monta Ellis, John Wall and Russell Westbrook play, you would see the similarities.

Originally Posted by PMatic

I expect him to make "the leap" next season.

Me too, but not if he's still playing with Blatche and those dudes. If they got Anthony Davis to pair with Nene things could change quickly there. That's one of the only ways I see him staying in Washington after his contracts up. MKG would help, but it seems like most of their draft picks lately have all been tweener forwards besides Wall. They need a defensive minded center in the worst way. But yeah....he really doesn't have a clue about the mental aspect of the game yet. That scout that says he still doesn't seem to want to adjust and not continue relying on just his athleticism is dead on. Put a young Chris Paul or Deron Williams on that team instead of Wall and I bet they wouldn't have been nearly as terrible the last two years.

If he develops a jumpshot he would be a lot better. I didn't watch the Wizards being that I live on the left coast, but he still put up decent rebounding and assists this year. As an young player that came out early I feel that another year of college would have benefited him well.

John Wall needs to stop leaning back on his shot and follow through consistently.

Tons of young players have broken jumpers, luckily it's something that can be improved on. His speed, however, is a natural talent that either you have it or not. The fact he has that blurring speed puts him at an advantage already as far as physical attributes go. Give him a few more years, then evaluate, this guy's in his 2nd year in the nba

I saw a lot of comparisons to Rondo based off the Kentucky pedigree when he came out, but they're completely different players. In the end, it's early but he will not live up to being a #1 pick.

At the end of the day, Wall will become a top 3 pg, he will be a special player.

Originally Posted by illwill24

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by illwill24

Besides even since Kentucky I always saw him as an athletic tweener PG/SG. Reminds me of Russell Westbrook when he came out, without the great supporting cast tho. I see him as a Monta Ellis, passing slashing 2 guard
you know nothing about basketball. there is not an ounce of SG in Wall's game. 

The dude has more than an ounce of SG in his game, even Calipari put him in at 2 guard a lot in Kentucky. 
This proves you definitely don't know what you're talking about. 

Uh oh... Looks like John Wall is turning into NT's replacement for Sebastian Telfair (winner of the "wait 'til next year award" for the better part of a decade).

All I see in Wall is a player who refuses to slow down and let the game flow naturally. I hope he can adjust. The assist numbers give some hope.

Westbrook 2.0 watch wait till the Wizards get OKC type good if it ever happens...he will be on the Lakers tho if the Wizards dont work out.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by henz0

Oh

This.
Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

hell brandon knight might pass him too

Why because he's a shooter?

Because he doesn't have anywhere near the court vision/passing ability, ability get to and finish at the rim, or the defensive capabilities, nor athletic ability.

So why is Brandon going to be better than him again?

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Top 10 in assists & FT attempts and led all PGs in blocks (2nd behind all guards to Wade) & boards

The future is still bright for him, but yes his jumper is broken
BINGO!!!

I hated the hype train people were jumping on during his year at Kentucky and that left me with sour towards him in the league. Having watched a few wizards games, I truely feel bad or the guy for being on such a bad team and for playing with so many DUMB teammates. When you see the wizards play, you can tell Wall is trying to be the prototypical point guard and leader of the team, but you can also see it settle in that the only chance they have at winning is if he does everything himself. He's grown on me because he seems like a very unselfish player especially with the situation and with the team he's on, that would be very hard to do. He definitely needs a change of scenery if he ever wants to reach his full potential.

Originally Posted by damelloyellow15

Smh at all the haters, my man is 21..his jumper and overall game will progress ala tony parker

Not only does Wall not even have half the brain that Parker has but TP also came into the league playing with Tim Duncan and David Robinson on a championship contender team coached by one of the greatest coaches of all time. Totally different situations, especially because Parker came out of nowhere to be their starting point and Wall was the #1 pick. What it seems like to me the problem with John Wall is in college he could get away with just being faster and more athletic than everybody else, especially with the great team he had around him while he was there. Three years later and the dude still hasnt evolved his game one bit. He needs a mentor or somethin, he's out there playing pickup ball while everybody else on the teams they're playing are playing organized basketball. He was one of my favorite college players ever, but I haven't seen him add one single move or anything since then. I also know for a fact from people that used to play ball with him in Raleigh that the dude smokes a ton of bud, not that a lot of other guys in the NBA don't, but I'm sure it's harder to get guys respect when you're out there on the court yelling at Blatche or McGee trying to be a leader and then right after the games over you're smoking a blunt with them. You can do that in college of high school when you're more athletic than everybody else, but not against the worlds best every night at the quarterback position of the team.

Originally Posted by kobe8is

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Top 10 in assists & FT attempts and led all PGs in blocks (2nd behind all guards to Wade) & boards

The future is still bright for him, but yes his jumper is broken
BINGO!!!

yup

dudes expecting him to be Derrick Rose are just out of their minds, Wall is a true point guard and always was even at UK. Rose and Westbrook are SCORERS who just happen to be point guards. Anyone that has watched him play these two years can see that he passes a TON sometimes to a fault by giving it to chuckers like Nick Young and Jordan Crawford. Yes, his jumper is broken (those 3 point stats are misleading cuz he only attempted like 27 of them all year) but it can be fixed in time. Wall was never looked at as the primary scoring option on this team, his job is to distribute. As far as him running the 1 on 5 fast breaks I hate it too but when you got no one else running with you or trying to penetrate to get buckets then he's gonna go for it

I'm hoping next year he fixes his outside jumper and we get some real scoring around him. he played much better and more controlled once those fools McGee and Young were traded and Blatche was deactivated

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Westbrook 2.0 watch wait till the Wizards get OKC type good if it ever happens...he will be on the Lakers tho if the Wizards dont work out.
FALSE
Unlike most of these PGS(Rose, WestBrook, BJ, Brandon Knight), Wall is an actual PG. When he reaches his ceiling, Wall will be an elite defender, and will get 8+ apg and 18+ppg. 
Aside from the J, Wall needs to cut down on the tos, but he is special though.

He certainly isn't terrible. I don't think he'll ever be a multiple time All-Star neither. 
ohwell.gif

My biggest gripe w/ him, or his supporters for this matter, he seems to be getting a pass for his play, or lack thereof, for being on a bad team. He was a #1 pick, what kind of team are we expecting him to be on? isn't he accountable for some of the failures, or inabilities of his team to get better? 

Originally Posted by MBen32

He certainly isn't terrible. I don't think he'll ever be a multiple time All-Star neither. 
ohwell.gif

My biggest gripe w/ him, or his supporters for this matter, he seems to be getting a pass for his play, or lack thereof, for being on a bad team. He was a #1 pick, what kind of team are we expecting him to be on? isn't he accountable for some of the failures, or inabilities of his team to get better? 
Ding Ding 

I said it on page 2, he should be held to a higher standard, like all other potential franchise players are. Two years have passed and this so called franchise player has shown next to no improvement in fact there has been some regression. That is not a good sign. When Kwame Brown wasn't delivering he was eaten alive, Adam Morrison, Sebastian Telfair, Greg Oden even though its not totally his doing, the list goes on. All players who were hailed "The second coming of X" who flamed out and didn't live up to their expectations. This is what John Wall is doing and IMO will continue to do, I don't see why he's being given a free pass by observers and analysts. Maybe if he felt a little fire underneath him it would motivate him some.

No no no there is a huge difference between being on a bad team talent-wise and being on a bad team mentally and not the right attitude.

For example: Kyrie - Drafted #1 to the Cavs, also a bad team but has a good head coach, veterans, and some sort of system

John Wall got drafted to the Washington Bebe's Kids....two totally diff types of bad teams

Originally Posted by KingJaffeJo

No no no there is a huge difference between being on a bad team talent-wise and being on a bad team mentally and not the right attitude.

For example: Kyrie - Drafted #1 to the Cavs, also a bad team but has a good head coach, veterans, and some sort of system

John Wall got drafted to the Washington Bebe's Kids....two totally diff types of bad teams
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i actually like john wall
i'd trade steph curry for him without any hesitations

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Uh oh... Looks like John Wall is turning into NT's replacement for Sebastian Telfair (winner of the "wait 'til next year award" for the better part of a decade).

All I see in Wall is a player who refuses to slow down and let the game flow naturally. I hope he can adjust. The assist numbers give some hope.

Wall would mop the floor with telfair.

Back
Top Bottom