Johnny Depp Donates 2 Mil to Hospital

Searched and didn;t find this...

Johnny Depp is that dude.

Johnny Depp's $2m thank you

Johnny Depp donated $2 million to a London children's hospital yesterday(14.01.08) as a thank you for saving his daughter's life.

(BANG) -

Johnny Depp has donated $2 million to a London children's hospital for saving his daughter's life.

The Hollywood actor secretly visited Great Ormond Street Hospital, where his eight-year-old girl Lily-Rose was treated last March after her kidneys failed, to personally hand over the sum as a thank you yesterday (14.01.08).

Johnny, who kept a bedside vigil with long-term partner Vanessa Paradis when their daughter was treated for E.Coli poisoning, has revealed Lily-Rose's health scare put the family through "hell".

He told Britain's The Sun newspaper: "It was the most frightening thing we have ever been through. It was hell. But the magic is that she pulled through beautifully. Great Ormond Street was terrific, a great hospital."

Filming of his movie 'Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street' was halted while Johnny concentrated on nursing Lily-Rose back to health.

He said: "I don't know what anyone else's feelings were at the time - whether I was coming back or not. I wasn't sure if I would be able to.

"But Tim Burton, the director, and the production were unbelievably supportive and said, 'Look we're hitting pause.'"

Last November, Johnny spent four hours at the Great Ormond Street hospital reading bedtime stories to patients dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow after having his 'Pirates of the Caribbean' costume flown over from Los Angeles.

He also invited five Great Ormond Street doctors and nurses to the London premiere of 'Sweeney Todd...' last week.
(C) BANG Media International http://

Last November, Johnny spent four hours at the Great Ormond Street hospital reading bedtime stories to patients dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow after having his 'Pirates of the Caribbean' costume flown over from Los Angeles.
hes seems like a real good person hearing that

its seems like he would be just a cool person to hang out with.

IMO hes one of the realest down to earth cats in hollywood rightnow, seems like someone you can grab a drink with and talk about !%$! no problem

ask him how his penelope was indeed. but wow what a great dude
smokin.gif

We need more Johnny Depps in Hollywood
pimp.gif

It's nice to hear good deeds by ppl that have a lot of money, and I hate celebs for the most part, except the few really cool cats.

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

Where is luvkicks??...

seriously....

Angel

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Didn't this dude camp out to see Depp on a talk show?

Anyways, seems like a real good dude. Great actor as well.

Originally Posted by Much Respected

Wow $2 mil?? I know the dude is cakin, but $2 mil has to be a pretty significant chunk of his savings.

Doubt its even close dude.

And that was a great thing he did by donating that money

Johnny has always been that dude.

2 million is a decent amount to donate, but trust me, he's got it to spare. Plus aren't donations a tax write off anyways??

I read this a couple of days ago. Classy Move indeed. I think Disney said they were going to donate some money too.

Back
Top Bottom