JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

spot i copped from said they got double of what they got of black toes.....so yes i believe it will be more pairs but the demand for these is like no other

These are growing on me. Ruh roh. How much are GS sizes? :nerd:

you know about them so you have no excuse to pass lol. this is the 1 pair of Jordan's you should have, they set you apart from everybody that only cops 11s and 13s (very few females wear 1s)

Why? The 2013 mold is infinitely better. As soon as the black/red 2013 release was confirmed, I sold off all my 01 pairs. My biggest issue with the 01's is the OD ankle padding. It makes me feel like I'm wearing skate shoes and quite frankly it looks stupid. The 2013 pair has a sleeker, more true to OG mold.

Either way, it's a matter of personal preference, but as someone who's owned both pairs, I much prefer the 2013's.

if you don't like the padding that's your preference but how dare you say the 2013s are closed to OGs then the 2001s lol

a. the OGs (and 94s) had OD padding which is what made them supportive and feel like tanks

b. the 2013s aren't really any higher than the 01s, they just look higher because they have virtually no ankle padding and are "skinnier"

c. the leather on the 01s is closer to the OG

Last edited:
lol people were literally saying the 01s sucked compared to the 2013s and they were selling all their pairs even after comparison pics. Now DJ skee come along and all of a sudden everybody "appreciates" the 01s lol does anybody have their own mind?
Yeah same people did this in the royal thread as well. I didn't care I love both versions of the shoe and just want to have a pair Idc which retro as long as I get one pair :lol:

How is it looking on your side of town? You check sneaker room and sneaker hub yet?

I hate when I ask a store and they say "call back Monday before release" htf you not gonna know if you getting a shoe until the week of release?

I hate when I ask a store and they say "call back Monday before release" htf you not gonna know if you getting a shoe until the week of release?
I swear. So many people buy shoes and they can't even get the release schedule out at least a week before. smh

what are banned 1's going for?

i swear i might unload some kicks i dont want anymore and get a pair.

and in the video hes saying these arent that limited... :nerd:

worn around $450-650. DS 700-1,000.

If these are really royal numbers as rumored, i'd just save the cash and buy a pair of banned's. they are the nicest j's i own imo.

Last edited:
I don't care how well-made a shoe is, if it is 10+ years old the shoe better be close to free for me to consider picking it up. I just can't figure out why people always defer to the older release as being so much better than its present counterpart. The 1's were probably better in 2000 but now it's 13 years older. Why wouldn't you buy the newer option? It's like when someone asked Larry bird how he would perform in today's NBA. He replied probably not too well. I'm almost 60.

Last edited:
I'm surprised your area would even get em tbh

that's where having sneaker politics where i live comes into play. we get everything there, and for some reason the finish line at the mall where i live is getting them according to one of thhe employees but i'm doubting his story highly.

Yeah, I'm still not getting any info from stores.. Getting impatient waiting. Be grabbing tickets, looking for FCFS or whatever method of madness they will be using. Gal wants these too, so I can get her on the hunt too.. :nerd:

$700-1000? :rofl:

son these arent even REAL leather

no thanks jeff

i wouldn't pay anywhere close to 700 to a stack either. i dont think any j's are worth that kind of cheddar.

i paid a little less than $400 due to the seller needing to pay his bills. comparing them to my 2013 jordan 1 cops, the banned's still win...no contest.

all i'm saying is...if you're going to pay resell, might as well look into a shoe that'll increase in value.

I don't care how well-made a shoe is, if it is 10+ years old the shoe better be close to free for me to consider picking it up. I just can't figure out why people always defer to the older release as being so much better than its present counterpart. The 1's were probably better in 2000 but now it's 13 years older. Why wouldn't you buy the newer option? It's like when someone asked Larry bird how he would perform in today's NBA. He replied probably not too well. I'm almost 60.

wise words. once the air units go, the shoes are ridiculously uncomfortable.

Last edited:

wise words. once the air units go, the shoes are ridiculously uncomfortable.

:smh: jordan 1s have rubber soles and don't have air units, so they hold up just fine. you could wear 1985s if you really wanted to. and the vintage look is definitely worth it

that's where having sneaker politics where i live comes into play. we get everything there, and for some reason the finish line at the mall where i live is getting them according to one of thhe employees but i'm doubting his story highly.

Finishline has some of the most clueless employees

Last edited:
How is it looking on your side of town? You check sneaker room and sneaker hub yet?
I'm going to check out sneaker room so funny thing is one of the people who run the shop is someone I actually know. Idk if you have seen the fat guy with tats and the bald spot in the hair but he lives at a place where I used to work at a year ago but I have been wanting to go by there just been busy

Mission Accomplished with pair #2. Straight up luck. The pair found me.

Makes searching for #3 much less stressful.

:smh: jordan 1s have rubber soles and don't have air units, so they hold up just fine. you could wear 1985s if you really wanted to. and the vintage look is definitely worth it
Finishline has some of the most clueless employees

false, there's an air-sole unit in the heel. once the "air-wedge" that encapsulates the air unit is dead, it's mad uncomfortable unless you add a replacement insole. sure you can wear them, but after a couple hours of straight wear you'll feel some discomfort.

View media item 698853

you'll know the wedge is dead when this happens:

that being said, the aged look on 1's are piff. don't get me wrong. if i had the opportunity to cop a vintage pair at a reasonable price...i would. i just wouldn't take them for long days out with the fam.

Last edited:
I'm going to check out sneaker room so funny thing is one of the people who run the shop is someone I actually know. Idk if you have seen the fat guy with tats and the bald spot in the hair but he lives at a place where I used to work at a year ago but I have been wanting to go by there just been busy

Yeah he's cool peeps. They only had 9 pair of Royals for the public. If you hear anything PM me, especially if they do fcfs again. I'll keep you posted on my end.

starting to think these will be a QS with no employee discount & stores getting them in 1-3 days before the release
mean.gif

Agreed. That's the reason they're one of my favorite Jordan lines. Age the best in my opinion, and the only shoe that I think from the start looks better after a few wears.

bro this is like the grail hipster sneaker, and i know im in the minority but that darker red gives them a more vintage look

what do you need an employee discount for these? :lol:

SMH
I usually always get my 30% so yeah i guess you can say im a little spoiled

i dont see an issue with these bruh, scoop up as many as you can. worry about the 30% any other time

these are cheap as is but i feel you, im pretty cheap and any discount is good but hell on 1's especially breds. screw it

Back
Top Bottom