Jordan 1 High '85 Metallic Burgundy - June 22, 2024

If youre a size 10 you might want to check GOAT. Just copped a pair for $227 shipped... for some reason the tax was lower than usual... but Im not complaining. Hopefully they fit, but still going for a 10.5 on SNKRS.

Lurking for the 85 burgundy before I go the goat route but ran across these on my instagram story from my boy so I grabbed them for $220

Gonna get the Og high black/white also once hit sale racks I don’t know but this shoe feels like a tank

IMG_3521.jpeg

So... verdict is TTS for these and all other 85 cuts? I can go down .5 in High OGs, and I can get that size for like $230... but I am hesitant. Probably should just wait and try to get my size for retail.
TTS across the board for me the 4 pairs I have. I’m a true size 10 & my feet are wide & they fit me perfectly.

Felt like I was 10 years old putting on my first pair of Chicago’s again with these. First 85 high I’ve had in hand and love everything about this pair from the thick leather cuts to the canvas tongue. Might be my favorite Jordan I’ve bought in the past two years.
DSC_7566.jpg

DSC_7568.jpg

DSC_7573.jpg

DSC_7558.jpg
DSC_7553.jpg
How do the golds compare? Are they “subpar” or would you still have gotten them if you had these first?

How do the golds compare? Are they “subpar” or would you still have gotten them if you had these first?
I got the golds because they were an OG sample I’ve wanted and they went up to a full M11 so I’d still have got them. The quality isn’t bad on them, the tumbled leather is nice but everything about the OG high seems cheaper when you hold the 85 next to it. All leather cuts are thicker, the swoosh is thicker, the wings logo emboss is deeper, the tongue sits better.

Still like the golds as a spring going out shoe and if you enjoy a tumbled look they break in nicely.

I got the golds because they were an OG sample I’ve wanted and they went up to a full M11 so I’d still have got them. The quality isn’t bad on them, the tumbled leather is nice but everything about the OG high seems cheaper when you hold the 85 next to it. All leather cuts are thicker, the swoosh is thicker, the wings logo emboss is deeper, the tongue sits better.

Still like the golds as a spring going out shoe and if you enjoy a tumbled look they break in nicely.
Thanks for the reply. They both like nice. Just wanted to make sure the ‘85s didn’t make the OGs seem like mids.

Comparison between Burgundy’s and Gold’s. Not sure why video won’t upload.

He misses a couple things cause he never laced up the 85’s, but the upper eyelets are a little more forward and the shape is wider around the ankle front and back than the OG high. But he is correct the back of the OG high is taller.

I think it’s the combination of more narrow sole, sharper slant, extended toebox, larger toecap, wider ankle when laced that really make it feel like a taller cut of shoe.

One thing I noticed after lacing is that on an OG high if you want a wider fit laced loosely, it’s pretty easy to pull both sides around the tongue and make it open up a little. Not so much on the 85. After a few hrs of wear still more narrow shape around the tongue than any of my OG highs

He misses a couple things cause he never laced up the 85’s, but the upper eyelets are a little more forward and the shape is wider around the ankle front and back than the OG high. But he is correct the back of the OG high is taller.

I think it’s the combination of more narrow sole, sharper slant, extended toebox, larger toecap, wider ankle when laced that really make it feel like a taller cut of shoe.

One thing I noticed after lacing is that on an OG high if you want a wider fit laced loosely, it’s pretty easy to pull both sides around the tongue and make it open up a little. Not so much on the 85. After a few hrs of wear still more narrow shape around the tongue than any of my OG highs
Thanks for the insight. I’ll probably end up ordering the ‘85. Build quality looks much better. Something about the golds just seem off with how much “puffier” the collar is compared to the toe box. I don’t seem to notice it on other OG models.

Only golds I'm considering if they drop in 85 cut.
image6-1.png
unreleased-air-jordan-samples-air-jordan-1-10.jpg

Rumor, fake or not. Would love the sample pair of these in 85 cut.
Only 165k for them right now. I’d go for it if you really wanted them

Back
Top Bottom