Jordan 1 Retro OG Pinnacle “Vachetta Tan"

I don't think these are flippable, at least not now. My pair also has some marks, but I guess that's the nature of the vachetta leather. We can just pretend they got a head start on character building haha.

Yeah, happy enough to have all the lace screws - remember the DSMgate when every tenth NTler was missing a lace tib screw. First thing i did with the vachettas was to loktiten them ;-)

Picked mine up from Blends yesterday. Took some work tracking down a size 11.5. Glad theyre just sitting on shelves at the moment. Havent tried them on yet but they do look a little bigger than my other 1's.
they are, at least for me anyway. im a true 10.5 as all my 1s are 10.5, even this year's chicago's, but i got a 10.5 in these and they run pretty big. i have to wear either thick socks with these or i gotta lace them dumb tight to prevent my foot sliding around.

I feel like these are too thick and heavy to walk around in during the summer anyway. So thick socks during the fall/winter would work fine for those who find them fitting kind of big. By the way, the white pinnacles are even heavier than these.

love these but not for 400 :x

might have to sell a few pair but still tough to justify

but is there an NDC date for these? or did i already miss that boat? :nerd:

Last edited:
Debating if I should put leather treatment cream on mine before rocking ...

Or after a few wears ... 

They won't change the color on them but they'll make it 'nicer' if that makes any sense 

I think you just answered your own debate.
laugh.gif

DO IT AND POST A PIC!
LOL

Dayum... I gotta re-do all the laces again tho !!

I had to unlace all of them so I could take out the little rusty 'dubrae' out as I plan to wear these without them.

Really wish they left all the metal parts out of these Pinnacles but that probably lowered the prices + made hypebeasts/resellers go ham. 

LOL
Dayum... I gotta re-do all the laces again tho !!

I had to unlace all of them so I could take out the little rusty 'dubrae' out as I plan to wear these without them.

Really wish they left all the metal parts out of these Pinnacles but that probably lowered the prices + made hypebeasts/resellers go ham. 

Re-doing the laces isn't hard. Like you said, it will make them nicer. I'm all for that. :smokin

Re-doing the laces isn't hard. Like you said, it will make them nicer. I'm all for that.
smokin.gif
Alright. I'll do it and hit you up @spoonmanofthehour

I did it on my Bred 1s and they look 'fresh out the factory'

It's been mentioned by others, but there are so many scratches and little marks on the vachetta leather

I figured it'd be OK to oil these up with some treatment before rocking.

Expect a before & after picture soon. 

Alright. I'll do it and hit you up @spoonmanofthehour

I did it on my Bred 1s and they look 'fresh out the factory'

It's been mentioned by others, but there are so many scratches and little marks on the vachetta leather
I figured it'd be OK to oil these up with some treatment before rocking.

Expect a before & after picture soon. 

Cool, thanks. They are going to look so nice and feel buttery! :smokin

Repped.

Was at flight23 today to grab a friend some NYC 1s and I saw the vachettas and white pinnacles sitting there. Was debating to grab another pair from HoH if they still had any with a $20 reward and return my extra butter pair (if they take returns)

Was at flight23 today to grab a friend some NYC 1s and I saw the vachettas and white pinnacles sitting there. Was debating to grab another pair from HoH if they still had any with a $20 reward and return my extra butter pair (if they take returns)
a friend of mine grabbed the NYC 1s today too... wish I was in NY !

From pictures they (NYC 1s) look more like a mid than a high, right?

they are, at least for me anyway. im a true 10.5 as all my 1s are 10.5, even this year's chicago's, but i got a 10.5 in these and they run pretty big. i have to wear either thick socks with these or i gotta lace them dumb tight to prevent my foot sliding around.
I tried removing the insoles cause they looked nice but mine were super glued in.

Someone posted a picture of their insoles taken out tho.

They do fit 'thinner' but I wouldn't size down from my normal AJ1 sizing ...

They're a high, probably a little shorter than the 2015 remastered version though. But someone in the retro 1 thread mentioned the production dates being from this spring 2015 rather than last year's 2014. That being said, they probably still used the older, original mold to make these.

They're a high, probably a little shorter than the 2015 remastered version though. But someone in the retro 1 thread mentioned the production dates being from this spring 2015 rather than last year's 2014. That being said, they probably still used the older, original mold to make these.
Wouldn't mind a pair... but those black/white 1s that are coming out are nice too.

i been sleeping lately and forgot about these. anywhere i can still cop for retail by any chance? i know it's prolly slim to none at this point.

:nerd:

so they are still actively making nyc 1's? wonder if the same will happen with the white LA's drop

Back
Top Bottom