Jordan 11 ‘Cherry’ Holiday 2022

I definitely can relate. I am not built for this waiting room random lottery system BS every retailer now has. I miss the old system when it was first come first serve back when the fastest internet connections ruled.
😂😂 the fastest internet didn’t rule either. These queues and lottery at least give you a shot. You got no chance against bots or at times sheer web traffic.

And before you say “Yeah ok whatever” I’ll give you a prime example. Footsites haven’t switched up. The “fastest internet” connection technically gets through. But these bots and super fast proxies destroy them every release. It’s so botted until some of the best bots don’t even have a chance depending on what proxy it’s using.

I’m going to say this loudly for the people in the back.

PEOPLE ALWAYS MISS OUT ON HOLIDAY 11’s.
This is true…but not for me!! I’m sitting here kinda salty :lol: My online game was unmatched with no bot. The last 8 or 9 years I was able to cop multiples and went 5 years without stepping foot into a mall or paying resale for a Christmas 11 release.
So much has changed with the reduction of online options. Nordstrom’s, Eastbay, Footaction, Champs, Shoe Palace, NBA Store,?? Where’s their stock?-JJ&Snipes merger, Hibbitt&City Gear merger doing low volume raffles—You have FNL/JD essentially doing EA only-Overseas spots ? Remember Hanon, Bouncewear, Oqium??…All of these used to be viable online options. But not anymore…

CA4DF233-ACA8-4ED9-9B29-CA6B284FE06F.gif

And before you say “Yeah ok whatever” I’ll give you a prime example. Footsites haven’t switched up. The “fastest internet” connection technically gets through. But these bots and super fast proxies destroy them every release. It’s so botted until some of the best bots don’t even have a chance depending on what proxy it’s using.
The Footsites haven’t switched up??? They’re not being botted because they don’t even release shoes or exist anymore. That’s a pretty big switch. Don’t believe me…go back through the thread and find a post where someone copped on Footaction, Eastbay, Champs, or Footlocker. Since the FTL FLX ship to me option, FTL does not have online inventory 9am the next morning. That inventory was depleted with the FLX “ship to me” winners. The queue is just to draw people to the site for consolation purchases.

😂😂 the fastest internet didn’t rule either. These queues and lottery at least give you a shot. You got no chance against bots or at times sheer web traffic.

Speaking as a Senior Web Developer I didn't miss. Back then I was copping 2 pair at a time. 1 to roc and the other to store away.
It was all about the response time and fast refresh rate on the OG Ecommerce systems. If you got it in your cart = 85% chance you Copped.
And the same goes back when the PS5 which I copped 3 and the Xbox Series X which I copped 2 originally dropped. Its straight up BS now how the customer at the back of the line can "win" a pair vs the customer at the front of the line who may strike out. Its ridiculous that we gotta play a random lottery to cop shoes. You can no longer say in advance yeah im gonna cop the 11s. Now its well if I win the lottery......

Attachments

• DSCF1431jjjjjjjjjj.JPG
    DSCF1431jjjjjjjjjj.JPG
    285.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-10 at 10.55.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-10 at 10.55.12 PM.png
    200.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-10 at 10.55.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-10 at 10.55.40 PM.png
    107.1 KB · Views: 438
Speaking as a Senior Web Developer I didn't miss. Back then I was copping 2 pair at a time. 1 to roc and the other to store away.
It was all about the response time on the OG Ecommerce systems. And the same goes back when the PS5 which I copped 3 and the Xbox Series X which I copped 2 originally dropped. Its straight up BS now how the customer at the back of the line can "win" a pair vs the customer at the front of the line who may strike out. Its ridiculous that we gotta play a random lottery to cop shoes. You can no longer say in advance yeah im gonna cop the 11s. Now its well if I win the lottery......
AFB953B9-1AB2-41B8-80DE-24E23FC83941.gif

:lol:

So do yall think the online release day FCFS is actually a lottery system, or still supposed to be fastest internet wins?

Checked out my pair, I’d give these a 7/10. The colorway is very clean but they just don’t move the needle for me like some of the other colorways. I’d put them in the same class as the win like 82’s. I didn’t buy the 96’s just couldn’t rock with them. Since the remastered models have been dropping these would be above the platinum tints and 96’s. Tied with the 82’s and everything else i‘d put above these. Which isnt fair because everything else was classic bangers with the exception of the cap and gowns which are also bangers. Overall solid release but the fact that they are compared to cultural classics makes it tough for these.

So do yall think the online release day FCFS is actually a lottery system, or still supposed to be fastest internet wins?
Any retail site that has a splash, queue, or waiting room is a lottery system. This is just about all of them except DTLR which seems to still be FCFS. I can cart really fast on DTLR but they allow bots to cart jack you. Give a brotha a 4 min check out window or something. Ha! FNL/JD EA is a good idea but has a splash page. I was given EA for both L&F and these Cherry’s. Couldn’t get through the random selection lottery of the splash page so I was just *** out. —Oh well…I need to retire anyway cus I’m not going to the mall to check on leftovers-I detest that place like a sickness 😂

Any retail site that has a splash, queue, or waiting room is a lottery system. This is just about all of them except DTLR which seems to still be FCFS. I can cart really fast on DTLR but they allow bots to cart jack you. Give a brotha a 4 min check out window or something. Ha! FNL/JD EA is a good idea but has a splash page. I was given EA for both L&F and these Cherry’s. Couldn’t get through the random selection lottery of the splash page so I was just *** out. —Oh well…I need to retire anyway cus I’m not going to the mall to check on leftovers-I detest that place like a sickness 😂
Sometimes you gotta pull up to the trenches (mall) :emoji_joy:

👆🏾Tell me you have more time than money without telling me you have more time than money.
Lmao I actually have quite a bit of both. I personally wouldn’t go searching for kicks because I don’t mind paying resale but paying an extra $20-$50 is frowned upon for some reason on here. I actually saw someone complaining about $8 shipping lmao. Was out Christmas shopping last night and just happened to see these in most places so I figured I would pass the word on to the cheapskates here. Actually will probably never wear mine. Got them just out of habit.

Often it depends on what chapter of your life you're currently in as well. Those raising a family can identify with the fact that for several years your Saturdays between the hours 7am-4pm are completely obliterated with kid stuff Haha! Can't remember what shoe but I once called a timeout while coaching my son's basketball squad so I could start mashing add to cart :lol: It's ok...we still won!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom