Jordan 2010 ankle support issue

Is it me or is there a little ankle support in the 2010's? I know that the heel cup provides a great amount of stability in keeping the rear of the foot in place (thus reducing inverted ankles), but the shoes assymetrical top lacing never seems to get and stay tight enough for me. anyone else have this same problem? I've thought about poking an extra hole on one side to get the laces to line up and provide me with more of a lock down feel. 

Is it me or is there a little ankle support in the 2010's? I know that the heel cup provides a great amount of stability in keeping the rear of the foot in place (thus reducing inverted ankles), but the shoes assymetrical top lacing never seems to get and stay tight enough for me. anyone else have this same problem? I've thought about poking an extra hole on one side to get the laces to line up and provide me with more of a lock down feel. 

The shoe works perfectly for me, like a charm It supports your ankle as well as gives your ankle breathing room for the outer part. Best performance for a shoe to ball with.

The shoe works perfectly for me, like a charm It supports your ankle as well as gives your ankle breathing room for the outer part. Best performance for a shoe to ball with.

I know what you mean. maybe it's because of the tongue sticking out too much that's causing this lack of a good lockdown. I know that that has been something people have had issues with including me. Experiment with the tongue and try t get it so it fastens down better to your foot/ankle better. As for putting an extra eyelet i'd say go for it. Whatever works for you.
Although i'm not sure where you would put it...

I know what you mean. maybe it's because of the tongue sticking out too much that's causing this lack of a good lockdown. I know that that has been something people have had issues with including me. Experiment with the tongue and try t get it so it fastens down better to your foot/ankle better. As for putting an extra eyelet i'd say go for it. Whatever works for you.
Although i'm not sure where you would put it...

The lockdown is an issue because the lacing is too damn thin. Switch them out for some thicker laces and you should be fine. The ankle support is good on these.

The lockdown is an issue because the lacing is too damn thin. Switch them out for some thicker laces and you should be fine. The ankle support is good on these.

i find better lockdown when i don't pull the tongue up as far as it goes. try to line up where the laces cross inside the tongue piece to be centre of the above and below lace holes. it might also be a good idea to get thicker laces, i also have a problem with them coming undone.

so i agree with all three above me: the collar is fine; the togue can be pulled out too far; and the laces can be too thin.

i find better lockdown when i don't pull the tongue up as far as it goes. try to line up where the laces cross inside the tongue piece to be centre of the above and below lace holes. it might also be a good idea to get thicker laces, i also have a problem with them coming undone.

so i agree with all three above me: the collar is fine; the togue can be pulled out too far; and the laces can be too thin.

The only lockdown problem I have is with my left foot because it's smaller than my right due to it being rolled so much. I have to fight and try hard to get a lockdown fit to where my foot doesn't feel lose in the left foot, whereas my right foot is fine. After that they're fine.

The only other problem I have with the shoe is the bottom loaded Zoom. The cushioning is so low that it feels like I'm bottoming out the Zoom with each step, but when I release I feel the Zoom bag reshape and let me know it's still in full effect; it's a cool technology that I love/ hate at the same time because I have to bounce and the balls of my feet for th e Zoom to let me know it's still there lol.EDIT: Just played in them again and now they're TOO tight on my left foot in the heel lol. Right after I was thinking the heel lockdown was lacking in the left foot, I laced them up today and the neoprene ankle knobs things in the heel have locked my foot down so well that they HURT the back of my ankle...like absolute no movement and hurt. I liked it because I finally had the lockdown and don't have tie my shoes so tight. I been playing in them for a month and I guess I just now broke in the heel cup or the knobs or something but the lockdown is the best of any shoe I have ever tried. Idk why they are just now tightening up, but chalk these up as my all time favs for right now and need to stock up on more pairs.

The only lockdown problem I have is with my left foot because it's smaller than my right due to it being rolled so much. I have to fight and try hard to get a lockdown fit to where my foot doesn't feel lose in the left foot, whereas my right foot is fine. After that they're fine.

The only other problem I have with the shoe is the bottom loaded Zoom. The cushioning is so low that it feels like I'm bottoming out the Zoom with each step, but when I release I feel the Zoom bag reshape and let me know it's still in full effect; it's a cool technology that I love/ hate at the same time because I have to bounce and the balls of my feet for th e Zoom to let me know it's still there lol.EDIT: Just played in them again and now they're TOO tight on my left foot in the heel lol. Right after I was thinking the heel lockdown was lacking in the left foot, I laced them up today and the neoprene ankle knobs things in the heel have locked my foot down so well that they HURT the back of my ankle...like absolute no movement and hurt. I liked it because I finally had the lockdown and don't have tie my shoes so tight. I been playing in them for a month and I guess I just now broke in the heel cup or the knobs or something but the lockdown is the best of any shoe I have ever tried. Idk why they are just now tightening up, but chalk these up as my all time favs for right now and need to stock up on more pairs.

Back
Top Bottom