Jordan 2010 TPU counters killin my feet!

lxj

When I first tried on the 2010's they were one of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.  They didn't feel too narrow or anything. Fast forward 2 weeks later when I test drive these babies and dayam my pinky toes are getting killed. It must be the side to side movement. When I removed my shoes the skin was all rubbed off.  Will these ever break in? I doubt it since they're plastic and not leather. Btws these are the originals not the teams.

When I first tried on the 2010's they were one of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.  They didn't feel too narrow or anything. Fast forward 2 weeks later when I test drive these babies and dayam my pinky toes are getting killed. It must be the side to side movement. When I removed my shoes the skin was all rubbed off.  Will these ever break in? I doubt it since they're plastic and not leather. Btws these are the originals not the teams.

This is an issue a lot of people have experienced and unfortunately it can not be solved.. Some tried to tape their pinkies or even double sock but the results weren't good either ways.
The only solution for some guys was to grab a half size larger pair but problems like fit and front to back as well as side to side movement are some things you just can't avoid by doing so.
In my opinion this shoe is a pain for quick and strong players that seek for the ultimate snug fit with no movement inside.

This is an issue a lot of people have experienced and unfortunately it can not be solved.. Some tried to tape their pinkies or even double sock but the results weren't good either ways.
The only solution for some guys was to grab a half size larger pair but problems like fit and front to back as well as side to side movement are some things you just can't avoid by doing so.
In my opinion this shoe is a pain for quick and strong players that seek for the ultimate snug fit with no movement inside.

i just wear thorlos for basketball and it seems to solve all of those types of problems for me. these don't have a compression fit, so just make sure you buy the size that just barely fits because you don't want them sliding around on your foot. they don't shrink so it will still fit after being washed and dried.

i just wear thorlos for basketball and it seems to solve all of those types of problems for me. these don't have a compression fit, so just make sure you buy the size that just barely fits because you don't want them sliding around on your foot. they don't shrink so it will still fit after being washed and dried.

What an unfortunate problem. I would think that after the complaints about the XX3 and the same issue, that they wouldn't do anything to imitate that design again.

This is one reason why I hate playing in my Zoom Flight V's. Everything about the shoe is awesome, except for that pain I feel in my pinky toes after one game.

Thickness of the socks doesn't help me with that issue. I've never tried Thorlos, which I still want to, but I wear thick socks and it doesn't help.

What an unfortunate problem. I would think that after the complaints about the XX3 and the same issue, that they wouldn't do anything to imitate that design again.

This is one reason why I hate playing in my Zoom Flight V's. Everything about the shoe is awesome, except for that pain I feel in my pinky toes after one game.

Thickness of the socks doesn't help me with that issue. I've never tried Thorlos, which I still want to, but I wear thick socks and it doesn't help.

I might try the thorlos but $15 is pretty pricey.  Not sure where I can get these in Canada. Where do they sell it?

I might try the thorlos but $15 is pretty pricey.  Not sure where I can get these in Canada. Where do they sell it?

This may be a few months late, but I feel it's worth mentioning for those of you who're looking to snag a pair of performance shoes from the outlets for cheap. I completely don't understand the hype over these shoes as far as performance. I got the all black pair a few months ago and they felt great in store with a snug fit and pillowy cushioning, especially when compared to the Kobe Vs. But once on the court when sprinting or making sharp movements, the poor heel fit and forefoot lockdown became a huge issue for me. 
From what I can tell a lot of this has to do with the choice of laces JB used. They're very thin and slick so once you tie up your shoes, it'll loosen again after a few minutes since the laces lack the coarseness to grip to each other. The thinness also caused some lace pressure on the top of the foot. I found myself unable to tie my shoes as tight as I normally do without causing myself some pain. Moreover, the midsole is very bulky and even after playing in them for the past month I can't get used to it coming from the Kobe Vs. 
Perhaps most of the reviewers who've posted reviews are less mobile players, or spot-up jump shooters, or big men but if you're a guard or small forward that runs a lot, I'd look elsewhere. The cushioning on these are terrific but it's not worth the loss in explosiveness. At one point, I found myself struggling to play defense and found I couldn't slide my feet as fast I usually can. I even switched over to the New Balance 579s I wore to the gym and saw a vast improvement in my overall performance. 

I'm also unsure if the discrepancy in performance I've experienced is on account of the materials used on the colorway I have. The all blacks have a nubuck toecap and, I think, a softer vented leather comprising the upper. Perhaps these materials compromise rigidity present in the original colorway that most reviewers tested? Does anyone who owns both notice any differences in performance? And I know it's not customary to revisit the performance of a shoe once the newer, better thing (the AJ 2011s) drops, but it's bugging me as to why this shoe was given an A+ on another sole-centric website.

EDIT: On the thin-lace issue, I did swap out the laces for a slightly thicker, coarser pair from my Melo M3s and saw some slight improvement, but it definitely didn't result in A+ performance. C+ at best. 

This may be a few months late, but I feel it's worth mentioning for those of you who're looking to snag a pair of performance shoes from the outlets for cheap. I completely don't understand the hype over these shoes as far as performance. I got the all black pair a few months ago and they felt great in store with a snug fit and pillowy cushioning, especially when compared to the Kobe Vs. But once on the court when sprinting or making sharp movements, the poor heel fit and forefoot lockdown became a huge issue for me. 
From what I can tell a lot of this has to do with the choice of laces JB used. They're very thin and slick so once you tie up your shoes, it'll loosen again after a few minutes since the laces lack the coarseness to grip to each other. The thinness also caused some lace pressure on the top of the foot. I found myself unable to tie my shoes as tight as I normally do without causing myself some pain. Moreover, the midsole is very bulky and even after playing in them for the past month I can't get used to it coming from the Kobe Vs. 
Perhaps most of the reviewers who've posted reviews are less mobile players, or spot-up jump shooters, or big men but if you're a guard or small forward that runs a lot, I'd look elsewhere. The cushioning on these are terrific but it's not worth the loss in explosiveness. At one point, I found myself struggling to play defense and found I couldn't slide my feet as fast I usually can. I even switched over to the New Balance 579s I wore to the gym and saw a vast improvement in my overall performance. 

I'm also unsure if the discrepancy in performance I've experienced is on account of the materials used on the colorway I have. The all blacks have a nubuck toecap and, I think, a softer vented leather comprising the upper. Perhaps these materials compromise rigidity present in the original colorway that most reviewers tested? Does anyone who owns both notice any differences in performance? And I know it's not customary to revisit the performance of a shoe once the newer, better thing (the AJ 2011s) drops, but it's bugging me as to why this shoe was given an A+ on another sole-centric website.

EDIT: On the thin-lace issue, I did swap out the laces for a slightly thicker, coarser pair from my Melo M3s and saw some slight improvement, but it definitely didn't result in A+ performance. C+ at best. 

Copped the 2010 Team recently for 50 bucks, played a couple of sessions in them and put them on the shelf, got my usual size and they felt great to start with but once you break them in they loosen up quite a lot. I got the loose heel issue which I hate and I also had a blister on the pinky toe (not as bad as the 23s but I didnt play that long in them) so going down a half size to sort out the heel would prob kill the little toe.

Ill prob use these for gym workouts but not for ballin, 50 bucks is no biggy but Id feel a bit sour havin paid 175 or whatever the original price was.

Copped the 2010 Team recently for 50 bucks, played a couple of sessions in them and put them on the shelf, got my usual size and they felt great to start with but once you break them in they loosen up quite a lot. I got the loose heel issue which I hate and I also had a blister on the pinky toe (not as bad as the 23s but I didnt play that long in them) so going down a half size to sort out the heel would prob kill the little toe.

Ill prob use these for gym workouts but not for ballin, 50 bucks is no biggy but Id feel a bit sour havin paid 175 or whatever the original price was.

I thought there wasn't any issue performance wise with the 2010s... or maybe I haven't balled in these for a while. good heads up.

I thought there wasn't any issue performance wise with the 2010s... or maybe I haven't balled in these for a while. good heads up.

Back
Top Bottom