Jordan 2011 Sneaker Review (Mini Melo M7 review added as well)

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

How'r the blackout 2011s holding up?

Mine are holding up great so far.  I've put a good 15-20 hours on the court with them.  I definately prefer having a black midsole and laces - my wht/blks got very dirty quickly in those areas.  Also I found myself having to put clear leatherfood on the white/blks every week because the leather seemed to dry out fast.  I haven't managed to get a bad enough scuff on the patent which didn't rub off.  I get alot of people asking me what model Jordan they are, much more than when I was sporting the wht/blks.  During warmup the blackouts feel a bit stiff above where the toes flex and I thought it was going to be an issue but I've yet to notice any discomfort in game.  I'm really impressed with this shoe performance wise, as soon as I spot a good discount I'm jumping on a second pair of the blk/charcoals.

so the patent leather ones are better than the softer leather (like the ones in the black white, red white and red blue) ?

I'm really tempted to get a pair of the blackouts...

so the patent leather ones are better than the softer leather (like the ones in the black white, red white and red blue) ?

I'm really tempted to get a pair of the blackouts...

man i tried on the all blacks, was so hype to copp, stood in them and jus was so disappointed in the lack of stability in the forefoot, really deterred me from coppin, all you guys that play in them is it not that much of any issue cause i really need some new hoppin sneakers the lebron 8s aren't cuttin it?

man i tried on the all blacks, was so hype to copp, stood in them and jus was so disappointed in the lack of stability in the forefoot, really deterred me from coppin, all you guys that play in them is it not that much of any issue cause i really need some new hoppin sneakers the lebron 8s aren't cuttin it?

Originally Posted by luxurious24

Yeah there is a lil extra room in the toe box but I haven't had a problem with it at all.  I just tie them as tight as possible and I have complete lockdown and great ankle support.  For me I felt the lebron 8v2 was a bit bulky compared to the 2011, however they are still a nice shoe.  I would have kept mine but the insole peeled on me after 2 weeks.  They also scuffed pretty easy.  The traction is much better on the 2011. If you are thinking of the lebrons I'd recommend you to look at the Kobe 6s too.  I really liked playing in that shoe, extremely light, great traction. My ranking goes as follows: 2011, Kobe 6, Lebron 8v2.

Yeah there is a lil extra room in the toe box but I haven't had a problem with it at all.  I just tie them as tight as possible and I have complete lockdown and great ankle support.  For me I felt the lebron 8v2 was a bit bulky compared to the 2011, however they are still a nice shoe.  I would have kept mine but the insole peeled on me after 2 weeks.  They also scuffed pretty easy.  The traction is much better on the 2011. If you are thinking of the lebrons I'd recommend you to look at the Kobe 6s too.  I really liked playing in that shoe, extremely light, great traction. My ranking goes as follows: 2011, Kobe 6, Lebron 8v2.

I got my all blacks a half size smaller and it made a huge difference. Plus the patent leather is a little stiffer. Still haven't balled in em. Going to save em for my playoff games, Bulls style.

I got my all blacks a half size smaller and it made a huge difference. Plus the patent leather is a little stiffer. Still haven't balled in em. Going to save em for my playoff games, Bulls style.

^thanks for the feedback guys, think i'll go back and try go a half size down and see if that helps, if not i'll jus make some kobe 6 ids with the asphalt soles

^thanks for the feedback guys, think i'll go back and try go a half size down and see if that helps, if not i'll jus make some kobe 6 ids with the asphalt soles

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

thought im the only one! 
roll.gif

white/black-anthracite for me...

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

thought im the only one! 
roll.gif

white/black-anthracite for me...

If you play hard keep in mind that the kobe insole is very flimsy and ended up crumbling on me after a couple games.  Every time I stopped quickly or made a quick move the insole just gave way and my foot would slide. I always recommend buying from a local store with a 30 day defect warranty to avoid getting stuck with faulty shoes.

If you play hard keep in mind that the kobe insole is very flimsy and ended up crumbling on me after a couple games.  Every time I stopped quickly or made a quick move the insole just gave way and my foot would slide. I always recommend buying from a local store with a 30 day defect warranty to avoid getting stuck with faulty shoes.

^

The Kobe V and VI both do that to me. The Kobe IV was a great shoe, I loved the plush feel and felt like it hugged the foot a little bit better than the newer versions. For hard cutters or bigger folks that move a lot the kobe line seems to be a little flimsy. I also changed the insole out of my V's to stop the shin splints I was getting from them.

^

The Kobe V and VI both do that to me. The Kobe IV was a great shoe, I loved the plush feel and felt like it hugged the foot a little bit better than the newer versions. For hard cutters or bigger folks that move a lot the kobe line seems to be a little flimsy. I also changed the insole out of my V's to stop the shin splints I was getting from them.

I've noticed my eyelet straps and laces are fraying a bit.  I can't see them lasting another month the way they are wearing in that area.  I'll probably end up returning my black pair towards the end of my 30 day defect warranty and maybe scoop up the fly wades in the near future.  They seem like a great hooping shoe, 13 ounces, max air in the back, zoom air in the front. And no eyelet straps so they won't have the problem that the 2011 has.

I've noticed my eyelet straps and laces are fraying a bit.  I can't see them lasting another month the way they are wearing in that area.  I'll probably end up returning my black pair towards the end of my 30 day defect warranty and maybe scoop up the fly wades in the near future.  They seem like a great hooping shoe, 13 ounces, max air in the back, zoom air in the front. And no eyelet straps so they won't have the problem that the 2011 has.

Back
Top Bottom