Jordan Addiction!!

I don't really wanna tell my age but Im gonna be 30 this year. I got a kid, my girl gets on me about buying kicks but I doubt i'll ever stop buying. Not just jordans but kicks period. Its the kid in me that grew up and have grown money now to get those kicks I couldn't get when I was younger. There is always gonna be a shoe thats gonna drop that you gonna be like. "I just gotta have those". If your a collector now, your a collector for life. thats how I see it.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Hey, it's better than using drugs or #@$@@#@ prostitutes. lol

Agreed. And some stuff you find can actually motivate you to pla ball again which makes your kicks "healthy"
happy.gif

This month I got the Motorsport VI's, the Black Yellow from the BMP pack and now Im going for the AJKO's. Hopefully I'll be sane for a couple of months Im waiting on the Infrared VI's pack and wanna see how the Lakers VI's, Pistons and Chicago VI's are gonna look in person ohter than that I'd probaby be selling some on my jays to make room for different shoes.

i been buying shoes since 95 just left an alcohol and drug addiction ,but now i catch myself buyin every damn shoe i like they say u leave one addiction for another 

I still remembered that when I was crazy for basketball, I was crazy for collecting sneakers as well. However, when you can find something else to take the place of basketball in your life, things will change slowly..

true that everyone im sure there are people that are worse than me but my cop list this month was insane i kno i will never stop there are so many i also buy nikes i just started buying SBs so now im almost trippling what i usually cop lol

What i have done is stopped increasing the number of jays in the collection, but still buy new retros that come out that I like.  For example, I sold off my cdp III's that i wore a handfull of times on ebay for $175.  Used that money to buy the "oreo" VI.  When the white cement III come out next year  i will sell of my black metalic v that i wore a few times to pay for those.  As time goes by, even used Jordans increase in value somewhat, and you can always sell them to buy some new retros to rock that come out. So for me stopping is about the number of jays not getting out altogether.  It works for the wifey..cause I can tell her I got a new pair of kicks but sold off an old pair sitting in the closet..thus I'm even lol.

I stopped but I still feel it. Im here aint I ! The collectors mentality will fluctuate but it will never cease completely.

The only thing that will make me stop is space limitations. But somehow someway, I always find ways to create or clear up space.

I think as long as you buy Jordan's to rock, that is completely fine. I do not approve of folks just collecting massive amounts of Jordans and not let it out the box. Space isn't really an issue with me when collecting Jordans. Been working a lot lately now(the price of growing up) and just haven't found time to wear them. Plus, paying back student loans is a pain.

i was really addicted back in 2006 and 07 (i buyed almost every J i could buy @ the time), but now i understand the sneakers game. if im not mistaken CDP ended on 2008 (i just bought 3 CDP)...well on 09 i didnt buy any Js. This year i bought the Black n red 6 on January and im aiming to buy 3 more (the retro 2 in may, charcoal 9s on september and still undecided between the flintz and the XI coming out on december).... So yeah im not really addicted anymore.

I plan to collect them all, and when i finish with it...i think the only J i will keep buying would be the 7 cardinals cuz i love those sneakers (Maybe im addicted to the cardinals lol).

once i get a pair of COOL GREY XI's and Sacramento X's i will slow down a lot. after holiday season when the cool grey xi's drop im gonna buy 2 pairs, one to rock n one to put away, then im gonna slow down a lot untill i find some sacramentos

NOT! lol lets just say i LOVE kicks as much as i love women.. so the answer is a fat stinkin NO! =)

I've been saying I was retired since 08. I stopped for a bit from about 04-07 and missed out on the DMP , BMP and Flints(but i'll get those in november). I don't see myself ever really stopping as theres a few that will still bring me outta retirement(cement 4s, Cement 3s, Bordeax's, an icy replacement pair of columbia XI). But I am running out of room in my walk in closet. I won't really have any room after the white/blue IX's and flints. 

Back
Top Bottom