Jordan brand in 2008 getting ready for Recession?

I saw on the news today that at the end of this year there is probally gonna be a recession, which means that many people will get laid off and manycompanys are gonna lose alot of money because peoples income is gonna be on an decline.........which made me think that this year is the year of the countdownpacks and the last "air jordan", I have seen alot of niketalkers saying they are gonna be broke in 2008 and are gonna get 4 to 5 packs. Well sincemost of jordan brand buyers are from the urban community please make sure your money is right cause it might be a rough 2009, and if all this hype about therecession is right we are gonna get hit the worst.So before you guys spend 3000 dollars on packs look up info on the recession, cause I cant buy 5 packsknowing my job is gonna be in jeopody in jan. 2009

It doesn't.

The macroeconomy has miminal effect on Jordan purchases. Even the poorest person who loves shoes, buys shoes in lieu of rent / bills / food.

Very sad, but true.

The packs, will be sold out. Period.

I think all the packs are coming out this year because jb knows sales are gonna decline, and they are still gonna come out with the jordan xx4 and retros in2009 but jb is hyping this year due to the reccession to get our money while they can just in case we wont have money for jb in 09

I aint nobody financial babysitter, if someone goes out and buys 10 packs at 300 a pop and goes broke....uhhhhh what am i suppose to say tough break. Myadvice, if you have the money and you good do you, if you think times will get tough plan accordingly

[color= rgb(204, 0, 0)]
devil.gif
Who caresabout a recession, I want ALL My Countdown Packs.
devil.gif
[/color]

THANKS BUT NO THANKS......U COULDVE KEPT THAT TO YOURSELF BECAUSE I DONT THINK ANYONE WILL CHANGER THEIR MINDS ON THIS YEAR

many niketalkers won't care about what you are saying but when the recession hits that is when they regret it.

It has already hit me..

I lost my 2 jobs last year and right now looking for a job.

I work in the mortgage industry and it's just a !$$%* looking for job right now..

=(

Maybe they can do what they did to white/unc XIIs; 2nd run, GR white/titanium-university blue XXIIIs...well, at least that's what I'm hoping for

the urban community
have you seen wdywt Jordan edition? almost all the guys are from the suburbs with many pairs of shoes. And you get all sorts of people fromwomen, to asians, older collectors, and young kids. So get it clear most people on here won't care about spending their money on shoes.

Have you seen people that dont post online? Like most of the world that wears JB? ^^^^

Macroeconomics at work here. Recession or not these packs will sell out.

Originally Posted by 23edge

have you seen wdywt Jordan edition? almost all the guys are from the suburbs with many pairs of shoes. And you get all sorts of people from women, to asians, older collectors, and young kids. So get it clear most people on here won't care about spending their money on shoes.

true that. I'm only 16 and the money I've saved that's supposed to go to my car keeps on going down cause of Jordan's haha...

I understand that there are many diffrent cultures that wear air jordans, but where I live it is mostly urban, and thats mostly who I see that wear them, Ihave a friend that works at taco bell and makes about 600 every 2 weeks, he lives paycheck to paycheck and is going sat. to get the pack and planned to getevery pack that comes out this year. I talked to him about the recession and he had an change of heart and said he will just wait for the 17/6 pack and the11/12 pack, so I felt if it made him change his mind it might help a couple of niketalkers, Im not trying to lecture or tell anybody how to spend their money,just wanted to inform people about how 2009 might be a ruff year for us and jordan brand

I believe that this is an excellent posts because we need people who can think in the shoe community. Some of you all do not have at least one model of everyAir Jordan released so this topic means nothing to you because to some of you there is nothing which you believe which can stop you from purcahsing thesepackages. I also know that age and socio-economic status play a role in what you believe in a topic like this. I unlike many of you have been on this boardfor over 7 years and have seen the changes which are taking place in the shoe game, culture, or whatever you want to call it and the changes are startling. 10 or 5 years ago we as collectors would not have to worry about a situation like this because we knew that this was a hobby that can get exspensive at timesbut not ludacris. I remeber when the 17's flopped and Jordan brand could not believe it. I have seen the quality go down and the prices go up. I havealso been here before the term hypebeast gave their critical analyst and I must say this is a low day in niketalk history. The fact that some one was justattacked for bringing forth critical analysis shows the type of people who are posting on this board and other popular boards more frequently now. What JordanBrand is doing to the shoe game is a down right travesty and the worst part is some people inside of the company tried to worn us years ago where this washeaded. I look at the site and others and realize that perhaps this is the only place where you have people truly debate the shoe culture. Back in the earlyninties when people were getting killed for Jordans the media posed the question of why some one would kill another person for a pair of gym shoes? The sadfact is that although we as African Americans only represent 13% of the population because of our historical wounds we associate achievemnet with things andfor our genartions X and Y Air Jordans are the staus symbol of shoes for the last 23 years. I appluad Mike and Nike for their achievemnet but when you loosethe people who have shown you what love really is which is sacrifice and devotion you start to have problems which will come if they continue down this path.Most of you young people who are lost will one day see that these packs are not worth the money but as long as people do not realize the power they have youcan expect retail Jordans to keep rising in price. Gentry does not care about the economy, all he cares about is profit maragins and that's where I willtake my stand and I know I will not be alone because the time is comming when every person makes a choice about what is the most important to them in life andafter over 100 pairs of shoes I say this, shoes are a hobby enjoy them but put your life in the proper perspecective. I am African American college educatedand I love shoes but I love God, my Wife, and my Family more than a pair of shoes which will be seen as old in a few weeks and double the price. I guaranteeyou that all of these shoes will get retroed again, seperately and probably at a lower price individually. You might have to wait some years but Nike is aboutmoney, pure and simple. They do not discriminate and will continue to sell out the greatest shoe brand built upon an African American's hard work untilthe well runs dry. They know what we know that people have a personal relationship with their Jordans and Tinker's designs will never get old. I'mold so I get it, some of you will have to learn for yourselves so maybe in the next five years when they retro them again you can say I told you so!!

all i want is the xvi/vii, xii/xi,and xvii/vi packs i hope i dont b broke in 09

I believe that this is an excellent posts because we need people who can think in the shoe community. Some of you all do not have at least one model of every Air Jordan released so this topic means nothing to you because to some of you there is nothing which you believe which can stop you from purcahsing these packages. I also know that age and socio-economic status play a role in what you believe in a topic like this.
I unlike many of you have been on this board for over 7 years and have seen the changes which are taking place in the shoe game, culture, or whatever you want to call it and the changes are startling. 10 or 5 years ago we as collectors would not have to worry about a situation like this because we knew that this was a hobby that can get exspensive at times but not ludacris.
I remeber when the 17's flopped and Jordan brand could not believe it. I have seen the quality go down and the prices go up. I have also been here before the term hypebeast gave their critical analyst and I must say this is a low day in niketalk history. The fact that some one was just attacked for bringing forth critical analysis shows the type of people who are posting on this board and other popular boards more frequently now. What Jordan Brand is doing to the shoe game is a down right travesty and the worst part is some people inside of the company tried to worn us years ago where this was headed. I look at the site and others and realize that perhaps this is the only place where you have people truly debate the shoe culture.
Back in the early ninties when people were getting killed for Jordans the media posed the question of why some one would kill another person for a pair of gym shoes? The sad fact is that although we as African Americans only represent 13% of the population because of our historical wounds we associate achievemnet with things and for our genartions X and Y Air Jordans are the staus symbol of shoes for the last 23 years.
I appluad Mike and Nike for their achievemnet but when you loose the people who have shown you what love really is which is sacrifice and devotion you start to have problems which will come if they continue down this path. Most of you young people who are lost will one day see that these packs are not worth the money but as long as people do not realize the power they have you can expect retail Jordans to keep rising in price.
Gentry does not care about the economy, all he cares about is profit maragins and that's where I will take my stand and I know I will not be alone because the time is comming when every person makes a choice about what is the most important to them in life and after over 100 pairs of shoes I say this, shoes are a hobby enjoy them but put your life in the proper perspecective.
I am African American college educated and I love shoes but I love God, my Wife, and my Family more than a pair of shoes which will be seen as old in a few weeks and double the price. I guarantee you that all of these shoes will get retroed again, seperately and probably at a lower price individually. You might have to wait some years but Nike is about money, pure and simple.
They do not discriminate and will continue to sell out the greatest shoe brand built upon an African American's hard work until the well runs dry. They know what we know that people have a personal relationship with their Jordans and Tinker's designs will never get old. I'm old so I get it, some of you will have to learn for yourselves so maybe in the next five years when they retro them again you can say I told you so!!

I hope you don't mind me formatting your post SLG but it was crying out for some paragraphs and spacing. It's a rarity to find a post such asyours, particularly in the JB forum. I agree with you and I would like to warn alot of people that 2008 is going to be a rough year. I know the average age onthis board has decreased dramatically but alot of people should be aware of the crisis in the lending and automotive sector.
Thanks to the original poster for bringing up this topic but I think you shouldn't put so much of an emphasis on the survival of JB. They are part ofa multibillion dollar parent company and they shouldn't see any struggles in the short-term or the long-term for that matter. However it will be us theconsumer who'll be feeling the brunt of it when companies restucture/lay off/down-size/outsource, etc..
The bottom line is that we the JB consumer or 'ambassador' have to be savvy in our purchases. Where's the justification in spending $300 amonth for 12 months on a sub-par replica of a storied sneaker?
Let the packages sit on shelves - for alot of people some of these sneakers will beduplicates and multiples. Alot of you also have to agree that the colourways are unspectacular as well too. And what about the non-retro product? Over-pricedAF1s with a Jumpman on them - let them head straight to the outlets.

slg i agree with you on some points but others make you sound hypocritical

-you say you've been with this post for seven years or whatever, but you only have 100+ posts, and you comment negatively on the people on this board now adays which includes you???

-my advice is if you want the packs n got the money for em then good for you, go n buy em. If you dont have the extra money to spend and need the packs thereis something worng w/ you and you have an addiction you need to get treated. Nobody NEEDS the packs, they are an accessory not needed to survive and hopefullyyou dont go broke over them.

-Good luck w/ everyone getting what they want, but get your priorities straight, dont go broke over them!!!

i realized that i dont need these packs a while ago...its just not necessary for me to drop $300 on cheaply made shoes...no matter how much i love Jordans...ihave other things that are more important

you say you've been with this post for seven years or whatever, but you only have 100+ posts, and you comment negatively on the people on this board now a days which includes you???
Maybe he's been banned or something. You dont know that.
my advice is if you want the packs n got the money for em then good for you, go n buy em. If you dont have the extra money to spend and need the packs there is something worng w/ you and you have an addiction you need to get treated. Nobody NEEDS the packs, they are an accessory not needed to survive and hopefully you dont go broke over them.
Ya.. dont go broke over them like he said. Its not even worth it. Remember ITS JUST A SHOE.

Back
Top Bottom