Jordan brand in 2008 getting ready for Recession?

I want to say thanks for the support from most of you all because as a grown man you look at things differently than a child, or a young teenager or whoever.Emac291 you have been on this board for around a year! None of us are perfect and the fact that we on Nike Talk still from time to time give critical analysismakes me proud as a collector. This is the place where certain JB employees past and present warned us that prices were going up and limited gimmicks couldand would take over!!! Responses from the young like yourself are exactly why the older crowd like myself does not post that frequently at all. I love shoesbut I know what's going on do you??? You do not have to agree but you should never question a fellow niketalker's perspective by numbers of posts. This is Nike Talk not ISS!!! If you look at the older people who have been on this board not all of them have four digit post amounts. Their posts like myselfare all about quality and not quantity. Voo99 I appreciate the spacing and the underlining as well as your comments reflecting upon the differing effectsthe recession will have on different sectors on the economy. I know some of you who are reading this still don't think the economic realities of thiscountry face effect you but buy some gas, buy some milk, research why the value of why the dollar has decreased in recent years versus other world currenciesand then tell us the economy does not matter, but wait if your only economic activity or responsibility deals with your shoe habit you could never understand! Until the next time I feel motivated to post thank you all and most of all thank you to nflowshoe with the topic because you give me hope that not all of thepeople who still frequent here are not blinded by lasering, Packs, Jumpman, Spizikes, Dub Zeroes, Fusions or whatever will keep Michael Jordan a Millionaireand Phil Knight a Billionaire!!!! Good Night!!!

He's right about post count not mattering (I've been here about 4.5 years, and still don't have 1,000 posts yet).

And the advice in this thread is mainly on point. Just don't go broke on something that might not hold its value during a rough time.

Originally Posted by Sikwiidit04

It has already hit me..

I lost my 2 jobs last year and right now looking for a job.

I work in the mortgage industry and it's just a !$$%* looking for job right now..

=(

wow that does suck, good luck finding a job dude, hopefully a new president can fix this crap
i previously posted about how the bad economy affectspeoples purchases, i guess i asked a wrong group of people

Let's be grown men for once and actually spit some fact about what love, and the future of it
pimp.gif

Hate to say it but the DMP's >>>>> Countdown Pack 10/13
Packaging was way better, cheaper, & had some extras inside. They should have lowered the Pack to
$250-$275 & created mall chaos
ohwell.gif

Good to hear some intelligence on NT. I like the post topic and my views are split. But to be quite honest, if I have the money to spare I will most likely getmy pair.

^^^^
Will you get all the packages bro? Including a pair of XX3s? That's well over $3,600 for the year my man.

Jordan brand will def. be affect by the forecasted recession, month of December (holiday season) consumer sale were down for almost every chain store andunemployment is rising and Fed anticipating to lower interest rate leading to inflation, so jordan brand will definitely be affected, the question is howsignificant will the effect be.

SLG you speak nothin but the truth. Im passing on these myself, because these will just catch dust with all the other Jordan Brand retros I thought I had tohave when I was younger.

thanks for the advice man....dont listen to these people, let them go broke....but again like i said thanks

-Ok i respect your opinions SLG and thanks for the advice from an older collector, n actually to get it straight im an old teenager (19, although its still ayoung age), but i think you must have misunderstood what i was trying to say.

-I didnt mean to disrespect you on opinions or anything, but i don't like when people stereotype the message boards on these things just because one or afew people post meaningless posts, that dosen't mean everyone on these is like that now, and i guess i just got mad and had to say something becausei've herd that a lot the year i've been here, about how nt isnt the same anymore, i cant say what it was like before because obviously i wasn'tthere, but like you said you dont see things the same way you do now than how you did then, so maybe im misunderstanding you but its sounds like your sayingthat at our age you were a lot smarter because if your saying that back then nt was better, i take it as if your saying back then when i was young we hadbetter posts cuz we were smarter at that age than you are now, back then there was posts that meant something and its like your saying people at the young agethat posts on these now are making up meaningless posts but when you were our age your posts were thoughtful and meant something, well maybe thats not what youare trying to say but thats what i took it as and thats why i had to say something.

-But you shouldn't stereotype from the posts, because for me its not about numbers either, most of my posts have come off just trying to help people not toget fooled by fakes, so i dont care about numbers either.

-So again, sorry if i said something to offend you, and thanks for the advice.

-As for me, i only get shoes that i actually like, like i said i dont care about numbers, i dont care about getting all 23 Js so thats why im only getting twopacks this next year 10/13 and 11/12.

The funny thing about this whole package deal is that many of those that will get fail to realize that JB has ran out of ideas and is re-selling you stuff youcan get individually without the tarnished quality.

SLG...I'm 27 so I'm with you on every point but you need to accept, like I have, this "culture" "hobby" is fueled by moms and dadspaychecks...this whole sneaker thing is a big joke now.

People waiting for XI/XII packs need to jump back into reality....XIs and XIIs are on ebay all day everyday. Why wait for a poor quality re-re-re-re-retro?

"SLG" thank you for dropping knowledge on this post I agree with you 100 percent, and I feel like its good to have this change of pace, cause I knowas a community we help people all the time with discount codes,outlet updates,and release dates, and future info on jb. After today I feel like we helped someof the people who are on the fence on should they spend their last 300 or not on a pack. I respect everybodys post on this subject because I feel we are ableto help and chat on a more educated level now

I honestly don't see any problem with the $310 price tag. The real problem to me is the "collection" modepeople get suckered into, especially on here. It makes me cringe when I see members post that they aren't really feeling the shoe or don't even likeit, but plan to cop to "finish the collection". Nas is one of my favorite rappers but I'm never going to own the retail version of Nastradamusto close my collection out.

With the packs, I forsee maybe half the purchases being people who really want the 1st shoe, but are lukewarm or couldcare less about the 2nd shoe. Hell, the 10/13 is the prime example. Had Shadow X's been a stand alone retro, how many people would plan on copping at 6am?

NT is a helluva resource and people should utilize it when situations like this arise. Peeps should create sigs statingthat they're looking for someone to go half on a pack, do the legit check deal, etc. make their arrangements, & get the shoe they really want (unlessthey really like both pairs). Even during the DMP, there were a few token people who only wanted the VI's, as odd as it sounds.

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

The funny thing about this whole package deal is that many of those that will get fail to realize that JB has ran out of ideas and is re-selling you stuff you can get individually without the tarnished quality.

SLG...I'm 27 so I'm with you on every point but you need to accept, like I have, this "culture" "hobby" is fueled by moms and dads paychecks...this whole sneaker thing is a big joke now.

People waiting for XI/XII packs need to jump back into reality....XIs and XIIs are on ebay all day everyday. Why wait for a poor quality re-re-re-re-retro?

I agree with you to an extent. But as far as the XI's and XII's go. Why would anyone unless they have $ like that want to spend $400 and up on Ebayfor some DS or VVNDS XI's when the package is coming out and is believed to be the SpaceJams. Also the XII that's releasing is an OG colorway White andRed which I think is dope and a must have. Try finding that colorway on Ebay in DS condition for a reasonable price. Better yet try sorting through all of thefakes that accompany it to find that lucky gem. In the long run, for an example like the one you just gave, you'll probably be paying more for the entirepackage alone with just one of those shoes. Especially the XI's.

Back
Top Bottom