Jordan Brand Quality

I've seen the posts hating on Gentry, I've heard all the noise about the shoe quality - And usually I'm one of those guys that says "Hey, ifyou don't like it, don't buy it". Nothing ever really phased me. But on the real, this bad quality has got to stop. i see the six rings (even gota pair) see the jumpman pro retro (i have the og's) and this is getting out of hand. I "want" to buy Jordan brand products, but this terriblequality of product is making me want to stop. The mystique is fading. I'm an older guy so I remember the real stuff - and to have to "hope" thatsomething is a decent product at $150 or $310 for CDP's is crazy. People are actually excited over the fact that once and a while one of these shoes is adecent product or has decent leather. Air Jordan used to stand for quality and excellence. I remember those 6:30 mornings, in the mall, at 12 years old notcaring about dropping $150 because you knew the quality, fit, look, and overall excellence of the product was worth the time and money. I'm afraid thosedays are over.

im sure those days are over but like you said if you dont like it dont buy it.

I know I'm in the minority here, but outside of the retro IV's, I really don't have any problems with the quality of retroes. I know, I know, letthe flaming begin. But seriously, I have 3 pairs of recent III's (CDP, Fire Red and Cool Grey), 3 pairs of recent IV's (CDP, Mars and Militaries), 4pairs of V's (CDP, Fire Red, Black Metallic and Stealths) and the VI CDP. I honestly can't tell a difference between any of those, excluding theIV's as I've already mentioned, and the older Jordan retroes. Granted, all I have in the way of older retroes are the White Cement III's, Black/RedXI's and the '99 Fire Red V's. And if I had to pick one retro that I think they nailed, it'd be the V's. ALL of my V's are friggin'TANKS! I clean them after every wear and those things still look great, and have held up nicely to both casual wear as well as some intense ballin'. Thesoles and netting yellowed a whole lot faster than I wanted them to on the ones I wear, but overall, I'm not really disappointed in the retroes I'vepurchased in the last three years. This is, again, excluding the IV's. When it comes to the IV's I whole heartedly agree - when compared to the OG andearlier retroes - man those things blow. But dammm if they didn't suck me in anyway. The design of that shoe is just waaaaaaay too proper for me to pass upwhen released in OG colorways. I honestly think the III, IV and VI are pure art in the form of a shoe.

Thoughts? Flames? Anyone? Bueller?

I was thinking even about the Lebron 6. A great shoe, great quality - looks like a quality product, and how much? $140. Jordan Brand going for $150+ and usingterrible materials, leather obviously worse quality. You could even forget about personal likes and dislikes - Compare the quality of shoe to other Nikeproducts in the same price bracket, and tell me it's not ridiculous.

Man I bought a pair of military retro 4's when they first came out about two years ago and THERE ALREADY CRACKING IN THE MID SOLE. THATS CRAZY, I'veseen OG september blue 6's on here that aren't cracking, I honestly didn't notice how bad Jordan quality was untill I became a member on Niketalkonly because I grew up without much money and didn't get my first pair untill I was 16. I basically had no older things to compare the new stuff with. Thishas been brought up many times before but hey I think this horse can be beaten one more time because got damn WE ARE GETTING RAPED FOR OUR MONEY! I feel like agot damn slave all over again looking for a crum of quality to wear on my feet. The whole aura is really gone, I remember when I was younger and I would sitand be in awe over Jordans now I go in store and shake my head at every Jordan shoe in there.

JORDAN BRAND STOP PUTTING OUT GARBAGE!!! and we all know you read this stuff, listen to us for once.

I don't really have a problem with the quality except the suede Jordan's. I hate that it's come's without a bottle of lotion because most ofthem come ashy looking, and i love suede Jordan's. But overall if you don't like the quality dont buy the shoe then complain about it.

This has got to be one of the most brought up topic. Read the stickied before posting.

Honestly we should all boycott JB after the last CDP.
smile.gif

NICE 2 Know All of Us noticed that JB'z quality dropped... Now What should We do?

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!! First of all welcome to NT, this thread about how poor the quality
of JB's line is and the hatred some people have for Gentry has been posted a
gazillion times. Do the research first before posting.

I usually say that people shouldnt make topics complaining about JBs quality but this is a good exception

First of all, I know that there has been a million posts about the quality of Jordan brand, but this is what forums are for - for people to voice theiropinion, regardless if it's been brought up. Some of you should take the same advice you give out for shoes - "If you don't like the post,don't read it or comment about it".

Back
Top Bottom