Jordan Brand Quality.

I'm pretty sure we just HAD this discussion....BUT I'll allow it since it appears that we may have lost it in the move...

garage, the last true good quality jordan were then the 14s retroed. and to date the worst quality jordan are the chicago 10s and if you don't believe me then you have never owned a pair of the og or retro release from 04-05.

garage, the last true good quality jordan were then the 14s retroed. and to date the worst quality jordan are the chicago 10s and if you don't believe me then you have never owned a pair of the og or retro release from 04-05.

I still think the quality is slowly getting better. The 04-05 X's were ok at best but all of 'em still suffered from that horrible squeaking issue after a few wears. My Chicago X's were actually pretty decent so I don't have any complaints with those.

What does it matter when Jordans today are more for casual wear. If you hoop in em, quality is in the toilet.

I feel that in the last 3 years the quality is at its best point.
damn really?? idk about that dude. I guess the quality is ok but when you see the pricetag on it, thats when there isnt a balance between the quality and the price... either way tho, JB wont stop making the shoes the way they want just cus us sneaker fiends complain about it. They wanna make their money

I wasn't alive/collecting when the earlier and more loved models were coming out so I can't speak on that quality and compare it today. However, i feel like we are spoiled by the quality on the kobes, kd's, and brons and their innovative qualities. Shoes progress quality wise every year. Aren't shoe companies suppose to advance their shoes?

Last edited:
Just posted this in another thread but I feel its even more appropriate here.

" QUALITY BASKETBALL PRODUCTS INSPIRED BY THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER"

or

" QUESTIONABLE CASUAL PRODUCTS INSPIRED BY THE GREEDIEST PLAYED EVER"

?

Last edited:
Oldest pair I own are the blk/navy blue low top 13's. Man that leather feels buttery soft compared to the trash now days
mean.gif

....you must mean in recent years.

Ha! Looks like dude from the movie "Encino Man". Shuuuuuuuuuush! :rofl: how do I even remember that

But back to the topic, the last pair of kicks that were actually put together well we're DMP's in 06'. The rest after have been so so. Some decent, and some :x

Last edited:
it is what it is because we think we have no choice, yeah the quality is bad but if we refuse to buy and most of all refuse to buy from resellers then they will be forced to up the quality. That is the only way it will get done i mean if reebok and other brands can retro with great quality then why cant nike/JB? because they know they have our childhood memories in a headlock but if you need those memories go and save a little more and buy the better quality shoes, A. you get better quality and 2. you arent feeding the beast.8)

The shoes from this era were some of the last Jordans I have purchased. I haven't purchased a pair since 04 and the price has continued to increase and the quality has steadily declined. Over saturation of the market with stupid colorways and too many releases these days. They re-release the same pair every couple years now. :smh:

I don't understand why you guys continue to complain about JB quality yet line up to buy their products from retailers and/or resellers.

If you guys bought apples back to back from the same grocery store and on both occasions the apples were bruised and tasted bad - would you continue to buy apples from that grocery store? The difference here is that apples cost a few dollars while JB product is in excess of $100+.

JB is neither a niche brand nor do they employ a high quality manufacturer. They are a volume brand and their manufacturers are volume manufacturers too. When demand is high, they produce more, raise prices and cut more corners to increase their profit margins.

it's gotten better from late 2010-present IMO than it was in 2006.(dmps notwithstanding)

Last edited:
I don't understand why you guys continue to complain about JB quality yet line up to buy their products from retailers and/or resellers.
If you guys bought apples back to back from the same grocery store and on both occasions the apples were bruised and tasted bad - would you continue to buy apples from that grocery store? The difference here is that apples cost a few dollars while JB product is in excess of $100+.
JB is neither a niche brand nor do they employ a high quality manufacturer. They are a volume brand and their manufacturers are volume manufacturers too. When demand is high, they produce more, raise prices and cut more corners to increase their profit margins.

Well obviously.

Nobody was asking why the quality is the way it was. Everything you just mentioned is pretty obvious to the people who complain about the quality.

OP just simply asked if it was getting better or worse.

Back
Top Bottom