Jordan Brand Stops Production on the Air Jordan 3

A huge piece of news from today's Air Jordan 2015 Retro Roundtable. According to Jordan Brand VP of Footwear David Schechter, the Air Jordan 3  is going back into the vault for the foreseeable future."The Air Jordan 3 is going back in the vault. The last color just dropped," said Schechter.

That last colorway was 'Sport Blue,'  which dropped on August 16. We're not sure how long the model will be shelved, but Schechter added that Jordan Brand needed to "reset" Tinker Hatfield's first Air Jordan, and that when the shoe does come back, it will be fully remastered.

Last edited:
i wounder how true this really is
the 3's have been re-retrod in the past 3 years

i could see a so called remaster 3 released in 2015

so you could see jordan's fingers and basketball on the back of the retro 4
big deal

Last edited:
Sucks that a few bad apples spoiled the bunch. I really wanted to see a remastered BC3, TB3 and FR3 w/ NA on back. Let the waiting game begin. :lol:

Last edited:
glad they did this

the amount of crap 3's they have released killed the shoe

if only Nike would follow suit with the foamposites

NO TRUE BLUE NA 3s 
frown.gif
frown.gif
mean.gif

I'd care if I cared about the 3's. Also OP, no need to have the font so big. It's not THAT big of a deal.

Can't do anything but :rolleyes at this company nowadays.

They could drop true blues, bc & wc annually and I'm sure myself along with plenty others would cop faithfully.

Instead they drop trash colorways & completely alienate their true fanbase. :rolleyes

How about just quit slapping trash colorways on an iconic shoe.

Out of the models that are Retro'd non stop 1-13 the shoe that hasn't come out in the longest time is the 7 and there will be plenty next year and while the 3 is more symbolic of the Jordan Brand it is not like anyone really missed the 7 when it went to the vault for over 2 years.

Out of the models that are Retro'd non stop 1-13 the shoe that hasn't come out in the longest time is the 7 and there will be plenty next year and while the 3 is more symbolic of the Jordan Brand it is not like anyone really missed the 7 when it went to the vault for over 2 years.
comparing 3s with 7s is like pees and carrots. You just can't compare, I think you have a different type of collector. Personally I would prefer the 7s over the 3s any day. I know and respect the symbolism of the 3s but I just don't really like em. The only colorways I own are the Fear 3s, which are in my opinion the best 3 ever made, then the infrareds for their simplicity. Ask me how many 7s I have, just about all but that is just me.

JB released like 20 different 9s 2 years ago tho.

Why am I drawing a blank on these? No cobalts, no white black and red, no lows

All I remember is the cool grey and olives
Birmingham Barons
Black / Photo Blue – Black
Black / Photo Blue – White
“Bentley Ellis”
“Calvin Bailey”
“Cool Grey” (2012)
“Olive” (2012)
“Slim Jenkins”
“Fontay Montana”
“Motorboat Jones”
“Doernbecher”

I´m guessing this is only to build hype. How long would it really take them to "rebuild" the 3, get a new mold and stuff... they claimed they´ll do that to all shoes in 2015 so why are the others not officially announced "back to the vault"? We had a lot of 3s these past years and the market is a bit tired. JB will lay back and move some other models in 2015 so they can get ALL the attention when they release remastered CWs everybody wants in 2016.

The resellers are adding an extra $50 to all their 3s as we speak :wink:

Birmingham Barons
Black / Photo Blue – Black
Black / Photo Blue – White
“Bentley Ellis”
“Calvin Bailey”
“Cool Grey” (2012)
“Olive” (2012)
“Slim Jenkins”
“Fontay Montana”
“Motorboat Jones”
“Doernbecher”

Barons were this year. The rest were trash that's why I didn't remember. But ok thanks repped.

Back
Top Bottom