Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

the 2012 white-cement 4's were not closer in color to the originals

the best way to tell is to look at the back of the heel tabs where there is no splatter - just grey

the thicker splatter on the ogs confuses people into thinking the grey itself is darker than it really is

people just want the 2012's to be closer (than the 99s) because that's what they most recently purchased
it is that simple
Hmmm, so simple, but I didn't buy a pair of the 2012 versions cause that is a retro that I would want with NA. Only 4 I bought that year were the black/reds, therefore point invalid, I like the effort though, A+ from me.

This is a solid picture, would like to see a flank/side picture, but not only is there a color difference, but look at the difference in the width of the tab.  For some this won't mean a damn thing, but for others seeking the so-called "OG" look it does--granted, do they know what they are looking for?  I personally like the lighter grey on the cements.  The spread of the back tab could also be a result of being worn and stretched. 

I guess to each is their own.
Figured you would say that about the 1999 pic. Here are "stock" photos.

1989. Here you can clearly see how dark the grey is.

2012. See how closely this shade of grey resembles the '89 version?

1999. Lighter than both of the pictures above. Significantly lighter than the '89 version. If there is too much light on these let me know, I could find dozens more to compare.

I like the lighter gray as well. The '89 pair really just seems to fall in between the two extremities.

It really does. I can't tell now which is closer in color because they are on opposite ends of the scale here :lol:

the 2012 white-cement 4's were not closer in color to the originals

the best way to tell is to look at the back of the heel tabs where there is no splatter - just grey

the thicker splatter on the ogs confuses people into thinking the grey itself is darker than it really is

people just want the 2012's to be closer (than the 99s) because that's what they most recently purchased
it is that simple

This might be happening. That pic put things into perspective better. Also, I'd take your word over the majority of people on this forum.

If done right (or at least in nice leather), I'd be in for the first 5, Hares (only if the shape is at least on par with the pics of 2015 French Blues), one or two City Pack X's, and a pair of XX's.

Crazy considering that would be more pairs than I've bought and kept from them in the last 3 years combined.

Last edited:
Not saying I believe it 100% my self but I'd be shocked if we don't see at least 80% of that list. Three NA IV's dropping in one year makes me highly skeptical tho

why like the effort?

"stock" photos do not include trashed kicks
By "stock" I meant neutral in light, pictures that all look like they were taken in the same room. I didn't wanna have one pair with an overwhelming amount of light in it, so I tried my bestest of bestest to find pictures with the same amount of light, should've been clearer. And "trashed kicks"? Really? Lmao, you're right, absolute trash.

And yeah I like the effort, you know, you tried, you really did. But you were wrong, I don't care for the 2012 version of the shoes at all, I don't "want to believe that they're closer to OG because I have them". You said that right? Green Rhino123. Yeah, that was you. 
smile.gif

Edit: No way those are all releasing in the picture I can no longer quote and don't feel like posting again lol.

Last edited:

Hmmm, so simple, but I didn't buy a pair of the 2012 versions cause that is a retro that I would want with NA. Only 4 I bought that year were the black/reds, therefore point invalid, I like the effort though, A+ from me.

Figured you would say that about the 1999 pic. Here are "stock" photos.

1989. Here you can clearly see how dark the grey is.

2012. See how closely this shade of grey resembles the '89 version?

1999. Lighter than both of the pictures above. Significantly lighter than the '89 version. If there is too much light on these let me know, I could find dozens more to compare.
Thanks for the pics.  I think both angles, back and side, display the color disparity. 

Sounds like remaster will be a prominent theme as far as naming goes. May replace the term retro.

This will probably be the only chance to get white cements with that NA in a long long time

Last edited:
cant see how you cant see it as a marketing move.

the change in materials is not $17+ more for nike. probably will cost $1-2 max per shoe to have the "better" materials used. the price increase is actually consistent with how nike has increased its prices annually over the last few years. anyone making the pro inflation argument is straight up nuts. you don't have to look at the OG prices to compare inflation. look at the last 3-4 years and see the increases. its no way shoes are costing $30+ more to make over the course of 3-4 years if you factor in the 2015 prices.

the whole OG mold statement is a direct marketing move because its obvious that the shoes are nowhere near OG characteristics. they are just "name dropping" to sound cool. whoopy doo that the jumpman has fingers now. omg omg omg omg.

I don't think anyone is really arguing the upgraded "look" but we really wont know what the quality difference is until we start getting pairs in hand.... and like its been said a million times, the better materials SHOULD be on the shoes NOW considering the prices we are paying.

All I'm saying is the quality of materials being used will be better. This is fact. Believe me if you want or don't :lol: either way it's all good

Idc about the prices and such. The shoes with the actual quality go for 1000 plus and are PEs/samples/friendsandfamily/hyper strike

Back
Top Bottom