Jordan Brands Final Marketing Experiment Test???

There have been some dope limited releases in Jordan Brands day. I particularly liked the nubuck 12 retro online release. For a mere $200 you got a hoody andhat 2 match
wink.gif
. Wow 2 think we as a loyal customer had all this cool stuffand no baby girl sizes either, that means an exclusive set for only $200

They dropped Melo 2 retro which were limited and they had matching gear as well as the Altitude 13 retro's. This was cool. I can't wait 2 find thejeans with the Altitudes on them. Until they officially started stamping LS on boxes. Then...

They tried 2 get us with the Lifestyle stuff (I myself have tons and tons of LS matching gear because this was the year I spent the most money on Jordans) Someif it was hot, but a lot was horrid (dead serious Jordan
indifferent.gif
) Theyeven thought The Grapes was something 2 play with, so they made an og color LS. They only did this once.
All in all, the LS stuff eventually became
tired.gif
shameful.

The Thunder and Lighting was an interesting time for pure Jordan heads, anyone relate? This was the most outrageous thing JB has ever pulled. It was sohorrendous I won't even mention it. The damn fire spikes were also disgustingly disturbing.
Am I missing any "exclusives" whether online/in-store or from a bum???

All this so that we can get something exclusive. None of these shoes came in baby girl sizes!!!

All this time we (as a community complain about no regular Jordan colored shoes (think bulls colors)
Now thats all we are getting for the rest of the year!!!
If you notice all the re-re-re-re-retros releases (excuse the sarcasm) go for a lot of $$$$ on the re-sell market (flight club, Ebay, hypebeast
mad.gif
)
So now they have found a way to make money on the after market by re-releasing what they have already put out there and what people still would pay money for.

So now they have found a way 2 cut-throat.

Now they release the signature shoe premiere so limited that no one can mother f**king get them, like seriously. What kind of game is that?? Release somethingthat is damn-near impossible to buy???

Now for some reason or another (hype-beast era) The signature shoe is going for so much $$$$$$$

All the insiders say not 2 be surprised if there are more XX3's suddenly. I can only assume that this was JB's final jigsaw time experiment. Next timethis happens they are gonna play the after market. They slowly but surely found our weakness as a paying customer. They have given us no choice but 2 behype-beast and beast over the XX3??? Thats foul
alien.gif

All I wonder is why make something limited to the point where the only re-sellers would make ALL the money????

They got us by the B**ls

lol...another salty peep that couldnt get the xx3. You shoulda bid on my auction homie...lol. They wernt impossible to get, I got my pair. I have a full timejob, and I got them. Didnt get my size, but I get um then I sold um. Made $1150 profit, and I aint complainin. I think all you guys are just mad cuz you didntget a chance to make some money.

we are all getting played plain and simple. thats the marketing scheme. supply and demand my friend. their shoes are getting wiped off the shelves wheneverthey retro something good. JB is pacing the way they are and releasing the amount they release to stay in business. we are the pawns. sad but true, and in theend i still love to buy their shoes. dam....lol

p.s. i just wish i had extra time in between releases lol. paying for college is no joke.

Son, you are the dumbest herb on NT. How dare u think that I didn't cop?
roll.gif

Please discuss my G's

Plus you didn't even get your size??
roll.gif
Damn sonny, u got herbed, Iain't no hype-beast I send you pics when your girl is lacing up my XX3's
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Those horrible things are worth less than the leather used to make them.

Once again, JB played it's core consumers....who outside the online sneaker community knew about these?

No one wins except the few who resold. How does JB profit off of a 500 pair release?! They don't. They win in the form of hype created for future XXIIIreleases, I'm just surprised JB didn't sell these directly to the consumer for MSEP (Manufacturers Suspected Ebay Price) and Ia m even more surprisedthat there are people willing to drop 4 figures on these, they'll probably be worthless sooner than later. Too many releases coming out these days for anyparticular release to be remembered, but somehow JB is able to hype up and sell out releases when time after time it has been proven that their sneaksaren't worth the $100+ they retail for.

Originally Posted by William Rivera 3

roll.gif

Please discuss my G's

roll.gif
Damn sonny, u got herbed, I ain't no hype-beast I send you pics when your girl is lacing up my XX3's
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I must be dumb too because I could not understand the point of this post. You're not a hype beast, we got that. You "copped" a pair oflimited shoes that you like, good job. Are you trying to say that JB's marketing "expirement test" worked on you.

roll.gif

Please discuss my G's

roll.gif
Damn sonny, u got herbed, I ain't no hype-beast I send you pics when your girl is lacing up my XX3's
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

so if you got them, what the hell are you complaining about? Your complaining for "other people"? I dont get it. Yeah I didnt get my size, sowhat? I can buy my size right now if I want to with the money I made. YOU MAD? Seems like it.

mang .. its a great Job .. you copped and you flipped over x amount of times .. thats nothing un heard of and its just kicks! So just cause the man bought apair he has no right to complain? Maybe he liked the kicks and he had to suffer inline and so on to pay $230 and nothing to come with it ...

Maybe he is just expressing the frustration from being able to cop limited release kicks of Js with hats to match easily on the net to having to sacr. a bunchof time and effort to get something he really wants and theres no added bonus ..

Whatever his point is thats his opinion ....

WOW I remember when I bought my Acura TL I @+%%% like a mother about Acura not making a white with black interior Acura but yet I had the Acura i wanted ...but I was pretty mad that the option was not there for me .. so just because you complain about something does not mean what you are complainin about itshappening to you ..

roll.gif

Please discuss my G's

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

.... Huh?

Plain & Simple, "Don't buy it then"....There! There's the solution to your inevitable dilemma !

I think people have been caring way to much about what JB is doing, We the online sneaker community should be happy that we are getting some of the releasesthat we have been asking for, whether it be with crappy leather or jumpman logo, or limited or in packages or with laser. We can continue to get upset andcomplain but its not gonna do anything, because Jb is still going to continue releasing fusions, mashup shoes and more packs and ultra limited shoes. So weshould just take it as it is and let JB do whatever they want to.

roll.gif

Please discuss my G's

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MASARO

They got us by the B**ls

.........no, but I think they got "Yours"!
actually, william speaks the truth if u wanna really keep it real. a lot of us don't wanna admit it, but with all the sh*t we put up with from jb(ultra-limited releases, payless quality, premium prices, etc) and we all still cop their product regularly... this obviously shows that jb really does haveus by the balls.

i have come to the realization that this is in fact the case. & i am not proud about this either. this is why i am truly done at the end of this year. unless jb makes a drastic change, but that won't happen b/c like i said... we all complain, but we're still coppin while jb is laughin at us whilewipin they fat %!#es with our hard earned money & smokin big cigars.

when u really think about it, it really is sad that we have allowed it to get this far.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Air23Jordan707

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]we are all getting played plain and simple[/color]. thats the marketing scheme. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]supply and demand my friend[/color]. their shoes are getting wiped off the shelves whenever they retro something good. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]JB is pacing the way they are[/color] [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]and[/color] releasing [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]the amount[/color] they release [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]to stay in business[/color]. we are the pawns. sad but true, and in the end i still love to buy their shoes

I'm not quoting you from a negative standpoint, but I just thought your words pretty much reinforce the basic themewith JB. You could write a whole Method Man to explain it, but there's no need to really.

1. They do it because they can.
2. In the end, people still purchase.

I;m kinda curious where alot of you guys live at? I would say outside of this release, because of the quantities made, and what store(DTLR) was the only storein the DC/MD/VA to release the XX3, Why do people make it seem so hard to cop ANY pack or LS release.

I would consider myself an OG (I am 27), and I haven't waited in any lines since high school.

I would suggest alot of you young cats, to try and build some relationships with employess and managers at your local stores, and you would never run intoproblems copping anything.

Man the problem here is competition and to be honest NIKE has none. Jordan was the beggining and end for all sneaker companies. Many have tried to dub Nike buthave fallen on their face! When you talk about kicks you actually talk about Jordans 1st and after that AF1 then AIRMAX and AM1 and thats all she wrote ....

I remember back in the days when Jordan was not as popular as it is right now, when the JB train was just starting to pick up steam; Back then it was cool towear a pair of Fila Spyders or Reebok Pump's. Hell back in NYC Avias were in style, but after the Jordan train started Rollin so did the players and theSignature Kicks like Barkleys, Pennys, Sanders (deion and barry), Bo Jackson, etc. So the trend became Nike and from there on Nike monopolized the industry. Iguess in a stars player eyes they knew they made it big if/when Nike signed them. Any other thing was pretty much worthless ... The only high profile playersthat have stuck by their kicks have been Iverson, Garnett and maybe a couple of others but most major players are with nike ...

With that said .. You know you are OG when you remember it was cool to wear Magic/Byrds Converse ..
wink.gif

Now we are stuck with what ever JB or Nike feed us and since we are so concern with "public image and pure pressure" we buy the crap put out just tobe in-style. When was the last time you rocked a pair of reebok or filas? LMAO I still rock Adidas all the time expecially MegaBounce BBall EQT with no problem..

So with all this said, he can get away with this crap because 1. he still riding the jordan train 2. no competition and 3. people will just buy it .. let oneof these start to fail and you will see major changes in product/material/demand or something else ...

^very well put and appreciated
pimp.gif

I'm just really hurt thats in all honestly I am only comfortable in wearing my favorite players shoes, regardless of crap craftsmanship.

Seriously though can anyone give me my questions answer
ohwell.gif

Why Would JB release a shoe that only re-sellers would profit off of???
If this is truly a experiment test like the thunder/lighting, then what can we assume???

This is the true reason for my post, I'm no English major (not yet) but if we can discuss this like adults then I would feel like my message had gottenacross

Oh and btw death to lil baby boy hype-beast, I waited 36 hours not 2 re-sell!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Man the problem here is competition and to be honest NIKE has none. Jordan was the beggining and end for all sneaker companies. Many have tried to dub Nike but have fallen on their face! When you talk about kicks you actually talk about Jordans 1st and after that AF1 then AIRMAX and AM1 and thats all she wrote ....

I remember back in the days when Jordan was not as popular as it is right now, when the JB train was just starting to pick up steam; Back then it was cool to wear a pair of Fila Spyders or Reebok Pump's. Hell back in NYC Avias were in style, but after the Jordan train started Rollin so did the players and the Signature Kicks like Barkleys, Pennys, Sanders (deion and barry), Bo Jackson, etc. So the trend became Nike and from there on Nike monopolized the industry. I guess in a stars player eyes they knew they made it big if/when Nike signed them. Any other thing was pretty much worthless ... The only high profile players that have stuck by their kicks have been Iverson, Garnett and maybe a couple of others but most major players are with nike ...

With that said .. You know you are OG when you remember it was cool to wear Magic/Byrds Converse ..
wink.gif

Now we are stuck with what ever JB or Nike feed us and since we are so concern with "public image and pure pressure" we buy the crap put out just to be in-style. When was the last time you rocked a pair of reebok or filas? LMAO I still rock Adidas all the time expecially MegaBounce BBall EQT with no problem ..

So with all this said, he can get away with this crap because 1. he still riding the jordan train 2. no competition and 3. people will just buy it .. let one of these start to fail and you will see major changes in product/material/demand or something else ...

Im kinda shook on what you said. Look on the bottom of your Jordan box and tell me what it says. It says NIKE, NIKE AIR, "swoosh symbol". JBand NIKE are the same company my man.

Originally Posted by sick90teg4dr

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Man the problem here is competition and to be honest NIKE has none. Jordan was the beggining and end for all sneaker companies. Many have tried to dub Nike but have fallen on their face! When you talk about kicks you actually talk about Jordans 1st and after that AF1 then AIRMAX and AM1 and thats all she wrote ....

I remember back in the days when Jordan was not as popular as it is right now, when the JB train was just starting to pick up steam; Back then it was cool to wear a pair of Fila Spyders or Reebok Pump's. Hell back in NYC Avias were in style, but after the Jordan train started Rollin so did the players and the Signature Kicks like Barkleys, Pennys, Sanders (deion and barry), Bo Jackson, etc. So the trend became Nike and from there on Nike monopolized the industry. I guess in a stars player eyes they knew they made it big if/when Nike signed them. Any other thing was pretty much worthless ... The only high profile players that have stuck by their kicks have been Iverson, Garnett and maybe a couple of others but most major players are with nike ...

wink.gif

Now we are stuck with what ever JB or Nike feed us and since we are so concern with "public image and pure pressure" we buy the crap put out just to be in-style. When was the last time you rocked a pair of reebok or filas? LMAO I still rock Adidas all the time expecially MegaBounce BBall EQT with no problem ..

So with all this said, he can get away with this crap because 1. he still riding the jordan train 2. no competition and 3. people will just buy it .. let one of these start to fail and you will see major changes in product/material/demand or something else ...

Im kinda shook on what you said. Look on the bottom of your Jordan box and tell me what it says. It says NIKE, NIKE AIR, "swoosh symbol". JB and NIKE are the same company my man.
Can you please tell me what exactly shook's you? Because I am truely lost .. Jordan = Nike = Swoosh ect .. am I missing something? But hmm .. Butif I was to put it as you say ... Nike Nike Air Jordan Swoosh and all this is the same ... please go pick up your XX3 and tell me where you see the Swoosh,Nike, Nike Air, etc ..
wink.gif

Jordans are JORDAN hence why many OG's complain about Retro not having Nike Nike Air etc .. Get with the program .. Im not arguing is not the same companybut however I'm confused to what exactly shooks you!

Back
Top Bottom